SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

So getting back to a Pokemon I haven't seen a lot of discussion about. H-Electrode could it have a potential niche with a potential leech seed? I'm not sure outside of weather if there is a faster Pokemon who can pull off that set. And having soundproof does alleviate one of the main ways to bypass that protection

Deoxys changing formes across games was a 2005 thing IIRC; active form changing was mostly a Gen IV thing, from 2006 on. So, 7-8 years by 2013 when Megas were introduced, but correct me if wrong.
The Aurora Ticket was 2004. But yeah it wasn't under the Veilstone meteors and the Rotoms that you could actively shift them. In-game changes came in BW with Meloetta and Zen Mode.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
So getting back to a Pokemon I haven't seen a lot of discussion about. H-Electrode could it have a potential niche with a potential leech seed? I'm not sure outside of weather if there is a faster Pokemon who can pull off that set. And having soundproof does alleviate one of the main ways to bypass that protection
It will probably be a solid offensive pivot somewhere around PU-NU thanks to its crazy speed stat and a consistent Volt Switch. Grass STAB really does a lot for it. Subseed sounds pretty mediocre since Electrode can’t do anything against Grass-types so at least Volt Switch variants net momentum.

It literally can't lose Eruption, its been a level up move for the entire Cyndaquil line since gen 4.

Just transfer a Cyndaquil/Quilava that knows it to PLA, evolve it, and transfer it to whatever the next game H-Typhlosion's in.

Unless Eruption gets purged, or they leave Typhlosion (or just H-Typhlosion) out every game going forward forever, it can't not have Eruption.

The reason people are worried about it not getting Focus Blast is because only Typhlosion learns that out of the Cyndaquil line.
no one thinks you're gonna be able to transfer mons INTO PLA do they? i certainly have not been expecting it. assumed it would have LGPE syndrome

no one thinks you're gonna be able to transfer mons INTO PLA do they? i certainly have not been expecting it. assumed it would have LGPE syndrome
Extremely unlikely. Transfering TO Legends would cause a data loss, and they don't allow transfers that do it.

Transfers that actually do (es, from Let's Go to gen 8) are always one-way.

Since we know you can transfer *from* Legends, it's almost guaranteed it'll work like Let's Go, where once you move to Home, if you move it to any gen 8 game it can't go back (may even be straight up one way only to Home)

Talking about cherrim got me thinking,

we know that Regigigas has slow start coded in despite the lack of abilities, are there any other mons that have similar effects? Cherrim seems more likely than most since its ability is tied to a form change.
There's a dex entry for Cherrim-sunshine, so Cherrim at least should have some kind of form changing mechanic. Hopefully Cherrim still gets some kind of stat boost in sun-- it's not exactly one of the better grasses even with the boost.

This is what lack of good STAB does to a mon.

Game Freak, I know you're reading this, get it together! :psyangry:
It was lack of STAB + speed + the gradual realization that 123 was not nearly good enough to justify the first two w/o boosting moves. All that coverage means nothing if you're still 3hkoing most walls.

Motor Drive/Vital Spirit -> add Sheer Force or Galvanize
Stat changes: SpA: 95 -> 89; Spe: 95 -> 101 (or SpA -> 90; Spe -> 100)
+ Fighting secondary type

Something this simple easily gets it to RU, if not low UU. Galvanize addresses STAB (Double Edge and Body Slam) while Sheer Force addresses the coverage issue. You're still shut down by elite physical walls like Tangrowth and don't really really have a way past bulky Water/Grounds like Swampert so it's somewhat balanced for a UU mon. Becomes the perfect Expert Belt candidate while still being walled by enough common shit.

Last edited:
There's a dex entry for Cherrim-sunshine, so Cherrim at least should have some kind of form changing mechanic. Hopefully Cherrim still gets some kind of stat boost in sun-- it's not exactly one of the better grasses even with the boost.
Well considering there are atmospheric conditions... it's likely it's just straight up coded to go in sunshine form when under the sun.

Yes that simple

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)