SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

So currently looking at Dialga and Palkia, Origin Dialga and "Altered" Palkia would be preferred?
Dialga gets swaps Atk and Def, and Palkia swaps Atk and Spe. I also believe that Time and Space Balm are required for them to change forms, which is why "Altered" Palkia would be better. It can still hold items like Scarf, and for Ubers it wouldn't outspeed that much with most of Ubers being <100 base Speed. Origin Dialgia would also be better since "Altered" Dialgia would only really use Type Berries and Leftovers and maybe Specs. Both would still be viable too.

It seems an entire unannounced, as far as I can tell, TCG set has had its packaging leaked on 4chan. It’s of course 4chan so grain of salt, but I would be completely flabbergasted to see someone dupe booster pack wrapping like this. The packs feature the new palkia, Decidueyes, and Typhlosion.

View attachment 400707
I think you can see parts of Dialga up top too.

This definitely does seem at least a little legit, the art work & packaging definitely fits the style.
Let's see looking at some of the trade marks for japanese sets...I think this would correspond to the ~March sets Time Gazer & Space Juggler. Obviously named for Dialga & Palkia, it'd make sense for their Origin forms to be the big "lead packaging"

lemme see if i can find the pulse of the tcg community, maybe they have a better idea of fake/real

What I find most noteworthy about Power Shift is that it seemingly has absolutely no reason to exist. Like, why not just use Power Trick and have it swap both physical and special stats, just like every boosting move in Legends? Both Power Trick and Power Swap have the exact same flavor (which is to say, neither of them have any flavor) so any Pokemon the devs wanted to give Power Shift to they could have just as easily given Power Trick.

I have to assume that when/if it makes its way into a game with standard mechanics, Power Shift will only swap Special Attack and Special Defense. It's the only way it can possibly justify its existence.

What I find most noteworthy about Power Shift is that it seemingly has absolutely no reason to exist. Like, why not just use Power Trick and have it swap both physical and special stats, just like every boosting move in Legends? Both Power Trick and Power Swap have the exact same flavor (which is to say, neither of them have any flavor) so any Pokemon the devs wanted to give Power Shift to they could have just as easily given Power Trick.

I have to assume that when/if it makes its way into a game with standard mechanics, Power Shift will only swap Special Attack and Special Defense. It's the only way it can possibly justify its existence.
But then why give it to mons like Onix/Steelix?

After 20 years since the GSC Growth event, the Eevees finally got their boosts back! Calm Mind is pretty massive for Umbreon and Sylveon, I feel. A Crobreon set seems like it’ll be hard to stop without nuclear physical fighting options (which admittedly are definitely around in like whatever tier Umbreon lands at). Sylveon meanwhile seems super scary in doubles oriented formats. Getting to boost up and throw off Hyper Voices into both Pokémon seems really swell and like a nice condition to work towards for a win. Also synergies phenomenally with Intimidate and stuff like Incineroar. That said, it does eat a lot of crap from Pokémon prepped for things like Grimmsnarl.
edit: whoops! I forgot Sylveon already had Calm Mind and it hasn’t seen like any usage in the last 8 years. Guess it’s not scary at all lmao

Ice Shard on Avalugg is neat and lets it do even more funky lead tricks. I am probably going to try using it in BSS once it hits the mainline games.

Enamorus predictably doesn’t get any flying coverage which… man, I know it’d make a good Pokémon even better, but I get frustrated when Pokémon don’t have good STAB options for both of their types. I don’t care if the genies need buffs the least out of like every Pokémon in existence, give them some basic ass 80 BP Flying type physical and special move at least.

ROOST MANTYKE LETS GOOOOOO

Last edited:
So currently looking at Dialga and Palkia, Origin Dialga and "Altered" Palkia would be preferred?
Dialga gets swaps Atk and Def, and Palkia swaps Atk and Spe. I also believe that Time and Space Balm are required for them to change forms, which is why "Altered" Palkia would be better. It can still hold items like Scarf, and for Ubers it wouldn't outspeed that much with most of Ubers being <100 base Speed. Origin Dialgia would also be better since "Altered" Dialgia would only really use Type Berries and Leftovers and maybe Specs. Both would still be viable too.
I would still expect regular Dailga to be the main focus if the origin form requires a held item. The form change is less than a 20% increase and only affects physical attacks, so it could easily lose out to the overall sustain of leftovers or the higher single-attack resistance of a type berry. Offensive sets would obviously prefer an offense-boosting item over a Defense increase.

If anything, I would expect palkia-origin to see more use, since it's a speed increase that doesn't come with a choice lock

Power Shift I can actually see having a (very niche) use on a frail mix attacker that has a surprisingly good defensive profile. Like a Pokemon with similar stats to Rayquza and Necrozma-U with reliable recovery.
It still very niche and gimmicky, but it's still possible.

After 20 years since the GSC Growth event, the Eevees finally got their boosts back! Calm Mind is pretty massive for Umbreon and Sylveon, I feel. A Crobreon set seems like it’ll be hard to stop without nuclear physical fighting options (which admittedly are definitely around in like whatever tier Umbreon lands at). Sylveon meanwhile seems super scary in doubles oriented formats. Getting to boost up and throw off Hyper Voices into both Pokémon seems really swell and like a nice condition to work towards for a win. Also synergies phenomenally with Intimidate and stuff like Incineroar. That said, it does eat a lot of crap from Pokémon prepped for things like Grimmsnarl.

Ice Shard on Avalugg is neat and lets it do even more funky lead tricks. I am probably going to try using it in BSS once it hits the mainline games.

Enamorus predictably doesn’t get any flying coverage which… man, I know it’d make a good Pokémon even better, but I get frustrated when Pokémon don’t have good STAB options for both of their types. I don’t care if the genies need buffs the least out of like every Pokémon in existence, give them some basic ass 80 BP Flying type physical and special move at least.

Sylveon already has Calm Mind. Unless I'm misreading your post? I'm actually pretty drunk so that's very likely.

The new ones to get Calm Mind are Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Umbreon, Glaceon, and Leafeon.

edit: ninjaed by Rarycaris god damn it.

I just want to point out that sylveon already had calm mind for a while now. Everyone beside it and espeon is nes tho. I can see bulky vaporeon with scald sets making full use of this tho. Glaceon could bolster its sp.d under hail and aura veil, and Jolteon might be able to set up on a switch.

I just want to point out that sylveon already had calm mind for a while now. Everyone beside it and espeon is nes tho. I can see bulky vaporeon with scald sets making full use of this tho. Glaceon could bolster its sp.d under hail and aura veil, and Jolteon might be able to set up on a switch.
Vaporeon will officially become budget Suicune at last.

Does that count as an achievement?...

Dialga gets swaps Atk and Def, and Palkia swaps Atk and Spe. I also believe that Time and Space Balm are required for them to change forms, which is why "Altered" Palkia would be better.
Actually the balms are used during the fight against the changed Dialga/Palkia.
1642973759875.png

1642973957909.png

These are the items used to change their forms. Whether they will function like the Zygarde Cube (Key Item) or like the Griseous Orb (Held Item) in the main games is unknown. Since the Griseous Core is listed right next to them, my guess is the latter.

Power Shift is like Power Trick in that it will never see any usage anywhere except at the bottom of the ladder on gimmick teams. Spending an entire turn to shift your stats is pointless when you could be actually boosting them with Calm Mind / Swords Dance etc or simply using a Pokemon with a better stat spread in the first place.

Cresselia for example assuming Bold 252 HP / 252 Def has the following stats...

After Calm Mind - 444 / 158 / 372 / 279 / 444 / 206
After Power Shift - 444 / 372 / 158 / 296 / 186 / 206

Idk, seems like complete garbage. You can try a specially defensive spread to get more "special attack" with Power Shift but again you're better off just running offensive EVs on a Calm Mind set.
Yeah in 6v6 singles, Power Shift seems like a bad move. A pokemon relying on Power Shift shifting its offensive and defensive stats doesn't work in a metagame where you are constantly switching, unless the move's effects stay active even after switching. Might be good in Doubles though, since that format is much faster.

Gardevoir getting recover is actually quite nice. Doubt CM sets will make use of it since Draining Kiss doubles as a Recovery move and a STAB attack. However, defensive sets seem like they'd make use of the move quite will. A set of Will-O-Wisp / Moonblast / Recover / Filler seems nice since you can lower the opponent's offenses on both sides of the spectrum with Wisp / Moonblast. Last move could be dedicated to a utility move like Future Sight, Encore, or Taunt. Probably won't break the world, espicially since Gardevoir's defensive profile isn't that good for a Fairy, but it does give it more options. Sucks that Gallade didn't get the move, but I don't think it would have made good use of it anyways.

Also, I am hoping some of the changes to the unusable moves like Triple Axel are just placeholder garbage data and get reverted in future games.
One of the coolest things about Sword and Shield was turning Hitmontop into a pseudo Ice-type.

Its actually quite interesting what the devs did with Hidden Power and Judgement. Makes the connection between unown and arceus much stronger.

I wouldn't be surprised if they change the Griseous Orb to work like the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs, and keep the three form change items working like the Reveal Glass. It feels like a weirdly outdated requirement given that Gira-O doesn't get a BST increase from it, and requiring a held item for Origin Dialga/Palkia would make them next to worthless -- especially if they didn't give the same bonuses as the Griseous Orb.

Could be they just make the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs work as form change items. Not like there would realistically be much downside given that you'd probably never want them equipped to the standard forms anyway.

I would still expect regular Dailga to be the main focus if the origin form requires a held item. The form change is less than a 20% increase and only affects physical attacks, so it could easily lose out to the overall sustain of leftovers or the higher single-attack resistance of a type berry. Offensive sets would obviously prefer an offense-boosting item over a Defense increase.

If anything, I would expect palkia-origin to see more use, since it's a speed increase that doesn't come with a choice lock
Thing is that in Ubers/NDAG, you don't outspeed that much that Palkia normally outspeeds. You speed tie Arceus, Unboosted Salamence, and Dugtrio, then outspeed unboosted Mega Rayquaza, Mega Lucario, Mega Metagross, and Landorus-I. So either Pokemon that don't invest much Speed, have Priority, have Dragon Dance/Rock Polish, or are extremely niche. Meanwhile Scarf Modest base 100 can outspeed unboosted Calyrex-Shadow and of course all the 90-99 speed scarfers that otherwise outspeed Palkia-Origin.
The 120 Atk is also pretty useful as Palkia can run mix for Blissey or even Bulk Up sets. Don't underestimate the lower offense on a Pokemon, especially in a tier like Ubers.
Also don't underestimate +20 to SpD. 120 SpD will often tank a hit more than what Leftovers would recover.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ SpD Dialga in Rain: 244-288 (60.3 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Possible damage amounts: (244, 247, 250, 252, 255, 258, 261, 264, 267, 270, 273, 276, 279, 282, 285, 288)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ SpD Dialga in Rain: 216-254 (53.4 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (216, 218, 220, 223, 225, 228, 231, 233, 236, 238, 241, 243, 246, 249, 251, 254)
Leftovers heals 25 so it's 263 vs 254
And that is also knowing that Dialga Origin is Knock-Off proof (more than likely at least) and Leftovers are not, making it a better Yveltal switch in too.

Actually the balms are used during the fight against the changed Dialga/Palkia.
View attachment 400958
View attachment 400961

These are the items used to change their forms. Whether they will function like the Zygarde Cube (Key Item) or like the Griseous Orb (Held Item) in the main games is unknown. Since the Griseous Core is listed right next to them, my guess is the latter.
I assume it will be more like Griseous Orb too since they are a trio and Giratina does a similar thing by swapping the 100s with 120s when changing forms, but we won't be able to tell until they are transferable. They also will likely get the same offensive STAB boosts as Griseous Orb does.

Gardevoir getting recover is actually quite nice. Doubt CM sets will make use of it since Draining Kiss doubles as a Recovery move and a STAB attack. However, defensive sets seem like they'd make use of the move quite will. A set of Will-O-Wisp / Moonblast / Recover / Filler seems nice since you can lower the opponent's offenses on both sides of the spectrum with Wisp / Moonblast. Last move could be dedicated to a utility move like Future Sight, Encore, or Taunt. Probably won't break the world, espicially since Gardevoir's defensive profile isn't that good for a Fairy, but it does give it more options. Sucks that Gallade didn't get the move, but I don't think it would have made good use of it anyways.
Monoattacking Gardevoir with Moonblast / Wisp / Recover / Calm Mind sounds like an actual threat. I've ran Arceus-Fairy with a similar set before. Slap Zone on there somewhere and you've already got a solid balance breaking core.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)