SPOILERS! Pokemon Legends: Arceus *Leak Thread*

You're all talking about Power Shift like it's viable, and forget that mons that get it are slow as fuck, and the move makes them frail. This is Power Trick Shuckle all over again
Or—hear me out—we're talking about Power Shift like it's found in a currently unreleased singleplayer title with zero competitive prospects and a wide array of mechanical departures from the main series. Nobody is earnestly talking about pulling up to Gen 9 with Shadow Ball Dusknoir. At least all I've been gushing about is turning Cresselia into an unholy glass cannon because I want my Pokémon to know they're not safe in my hands, no matter how much padding is on them. "If I'm in danger, so are you. Now taste the adrenaline and use Giga Impact."

Power Shift I can actually see having a (very niche) use on a frail mix attacker that has a surprisingly good defensive profile. Like a Pokemon with similar stats to Rayquza and Necrozma-U with reliable recovery.
It still very niche and gimmicky, but it's still possible.
Idk, seems like complete garbage. You can try a specially defensive spread to get more "special attack" with Power Shift but again you're better off just running offensive EVs on a Calm Mind set.
Yeah in 6v6 singles, Power Shift seems like a bad move. A pokemon relying on Power Shift shifting its offensive and defensive stats doesn't work in a metagame where you are constantly switching, unless the move's effects stay active even after switching. Might be good in Doubles though, since that format is much faster.
...What. Okay, Gliwick was right.

Guys, Power Shift is not niche. It's stupid, senseless fun and nothing more. We should not be promoting this move for any Pokémon in a competitive context, least of all when it currently does not exist in any such context. But also, we should not need to compare mathematical evidence to reach the conclusion that Power Shift is unviable against real players. Like, just read what's printed on the tin. This concept warrants neither defense nor critique.

Curious, why is Enamorus getting Tackle interesting?
Legendaries tend not to get Route 1 moves like Tackle. Only stuff like the tundra horses, Xerneas, and Type:Null ever did before. Seeing Tackle distributed to Cresselia and the cloud genies is funny because they've been pretty explicitly denied such basic moves in years past.

So now knowing the movepools what would your final opinion be?

How would a Team of Ridable Pokemon fair (Wyrdeer, Braviary, Basculegion, Ursaluna, Sneasler + one of the starters)?
Because a Team of Boss Nobles does not seem such fun with 3 rock types and H-Arcanine, H-Avalug and H-Liligant all have at least 1 double-weakness.

Or maybe a non-Noble Team of H-Goodra, H-Zoroark, Overquil and all 3 Starters (as it seems you can eventually get them).

Can you Mark all of these Teams ideas?
Last section, I promise.
  • Full disclosure: a team of ridable Pokémon sounds like drek. Wyrdeer and H-Braviary are shaping up to be two of the weakest new species, and Basculegion is forced to go mixed by its extremely restricted movepool. Do it only if it makes you happy.
  • Overqwil and H-Zoroark do not live up to the hype. They are both missing crucial STAB moves for their main attacking stat, much like both forms of Basculegion. They are looking inferior to Drapion and Gengar... or even H-Samurott and H-Typhlosion, respectively.
  • Remember when I said there were three promising forms to monitor closely? H-Lilligant is the winner by a long shot.

Last edited:
To be fair, we still don't know if Hyper Beam has a downside in this game. And even if it does, it might not be as much of a downside as it usually is, what with the entire turn system being reworked.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
The absolute DISRESPECT towards my boy Wyrdeer hurts me deep, I tell ya what. Just look at it bros. Majorly increased bulk? Reduced speed? Identical offenses? Maintaining the same abilities as the base, most notably Intimidate? This is designed from the ground up for Doubles to exploit the Intimidate + Trick Room combo. If you want a primer on the potential of that combo, just a reminder that there are VGC seasons where original Stantler has seen niche usage since it and now its evolution remain the only Pokemon with both. Maybe it won't shred Smogon Singles, but it isn't supposed to. For the formats it is designed for, it is nothing short of absolute fire

I stand corrected.

The fact that Hyper Beam, Giga Impact and Roar of Time have all had their power nerfed, and their descriptions edited to remove any reference to the charging turn, makes me think they are just generic 120 power 90 accuracy moves in this game.

To be fair, we still don't know if Hyper Beam has a downside in this game. And even if it does, it might not be as much of a downside as it usually is, what with the entire turn system being reworked.
I believe two turn moves like hyperbeam are 1 turn now but have a built in lower action speed so your opponent will have an easier time getting two turn against you

If it doesn't have one gen 1 hyper beam shenanigans will ride again.
The absolute DISRESPECT towards my boy Wyrdeer hurts me deep, I tell ya what. Just look at it bros. Majorly increased bulk? Reduced speed? Identical offenses? Maintaining the same abilities as the base, most notably Intimidate? This is designed from the ground up for Doubles to exploit the Intimidate + Trick Room combo. If you want a primer on the potential of that combo, just a reminder that there are VGC seasons where original Stantler has seen niche usage since it and now its evolution remain the only Pokemon with both. Maybe it won't shred Smogon Singles, but it isn't supposed to. For the formats it is designed for, it is nothing short of absolute fire
Also Psyshield Bash might be pretty interesting for making it's bulk better. It's not a guarantee but still might be good for a Psychic STAB

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
on an unrelated note, does anyone have the model dump of the sprites + shiny sprites?

edit:
https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1s2TBzxM2FTJI93AAlVIyolLH-KQRQjIG?usp=sharing
found this list (above) of the models but a lot are missing. supposedly the other half-ish is in the below link but i have no way to make them readable.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R9uAKy27fdG-KJD2bYH2DpcwC1Yly1JJ/view
Thank you. Took me what felt like forever to find a spreadsheet. You are a saint for the link.

I wonder if the lack of massively impactful stat changes for Origin Dialga/Palkia is *because* they intend to change the Adamant and Lustrous Orbs into form change items? In that case, given the items have existed for 15 odd years and they probably don't want to invalidate existing builds based on them, it would make sense that the form changes would be minor tweaks (a la Griseous Orb's stat reassignment) that are pretty much always strictly better than the original forms.

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So currently looking at Dialga and Palkia, Origin Dialga and "Altered" Palkia would be preferred?
Dialga gets swaps Atk and Def, and Palkia swaps Atk and Spe. I also believe that Time and Space Balm are required for them to change forms, which is why "Altered" Palkia would be better. It can still hold items like Scarf, and for Ubers it wouldn't outspeed that much with most of Ubers being <100 base Speed. Origin Dialgia would also be better since "Altered" Dialgia would only really use Type Berries and Leftovers and maybe Specs. Both would still be viable too.
Not sure if a hide is necessary since everything in this thread is shown directly, but either way
Altered Palkia only gets the higher Attack, so it's only really if you want to run Bulk Up sets. While there aren't many Pokémon between 100 and 120 Speed, it still allows you to run Modest over Timid and actually retain a higher Speed tier still - you can pretty much treat it as, instead of making Palkia's Attack 100 and Speed 120, it making Palkia's Attack 100 and SpA 170 with the bonus of not tying with Palkia Altered and beating Landorus-I. You also force a meta change as Eternatus needs to run more Speed than it does today or run the risk of being slower than Palkia. If we go to NatDex, this becomes even bigger as Palkia becomes capable of revenge killing +1 Mega Rayquaza with a Scarf, even if Extreme Speed does a lot.
Dialga has no business running physical moves today, so yeah, just run Origin.

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
Can you link me a source to read about what we know about the changed turn system?

Can you link me a source to read about what we know about the changed turn system?
No, unfortunately. We know that Agile Style lets you attack more frequently, and Strong Style less frequently, and we know that some moves have built-in effects on turn frequency (priority moves have a sort of built-in Agile Style, for example), and I think some status conditions like paralysis might also affect it, but to my knowledge nobody has figured out the finer details on how it all actually works.

• Overqwil and H-Zoroark do not live up to the hype. They are both missing crucial STAB moves for their main attacking stat, much like both forms of Basculegion. They are looking inferior to Drapion and Gengar... or even H-Samurott and H-Typhlosion, respectively.
  • Remember when I said there were three promising forms to monitor closely? H-Lilligant is the winner by a long shot.
Evaluating them outside of standard:

In Monotype there aren't any Dark types with access to Spikes. Overqwil having Spikes + Intimidate gives it an immediate niche as an alternate to Drapion in the Dark balance core (Mandibuzz, Drapion, Tyranitar) and I can easily see it competing for a slot with Drapion in that metagame at least. It not having physical Dark STAB is not that much of a concern as secondary STAB is far more valuable in Mono team composition. Poison will retain Drapion or even Skuntank, however.

H-Zoroark would invariably see play on Normal teams due to the utility of the Fighting immunity and it being a relatively fast special attacker in general. On Ghost it is a bit more niche though it will be phenomenal in the mirror not merely due to immunity but due to how powerful it is to be able to bluff Mimikyu. Even if we assume H-Zoroark gets Focus Blast at some point down the line (regular Zoroark has always gotten it) Gengar has a better movepool and STAB combo and while Flamethrower is neat that's a job better done by Blacephalon, which hits far harder and has no need for setup.

And generally:

The lack of Ground coverage and Cross Poison on Kleavor is a bit disappointing and it doesn't seem to have very much in the way of Sheer Force moves to work with. OTOH Sheer Force Rock Slide + Close Combat is incredibly strong between those two moves alone and opens up the door for it to run Swords Dance along with X-Scissor or function in an offensive rocker role with access to Stealth Rock.

Very interesting to see that Enamorus has no immediate way to take advantage of Contrary, most notably in the lack of Hammer Arm which was stripped from all the genies' learnsets.

Last edited:
I do find it interesting that some moves that were cut in Sword/Shield and BDSP are available in the game: Bubble, Silver Wind, Ominous Wind, and Mud Bomb.

I keep insisting there is a reason why none of the moves were outright deleted from the game, just merely being locked out from being used(and most are even fully coded to work if you hack to remove the lock, but you have to turn off move animations to prevent a freeze). Like the Pokemon themselves, moves can be rotated, that's why they aren't automatically deleted in Pokemon Home(and you have to do it manually in Sword and Shield) and why the mobile version of Home has a Move Dex that you can complete(requires you having at least one Pokemon with that move being moved to Home) that includes all of the moves not usable in Sword and Shield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)