Pokemon-Overdose

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 77182
Hey everyone, I'm here to post about a new site that's currently under development- www.pokemon-overdose.com is all for the fans! The aim is to have an all-in-one website (app is future possibility) that can be accessed from any platform, including mobile devices.

Like Smogon, PoD will have a Strategy Dex and some form of chat/thread/forum/discussion/image board.
Like PokemonDB, PoD will have all the moves, locations, Items and compatible parents.
We're just making it all happen in one neat and tidy package!

I'm not actually sure if this would be the best place to post about it but I'm trying to get as much feedback as I can, changes are always being made based on what people who visit have to say.

If you'd like to check out the site please provide any suggestions or ask any questions here!
Feedback is much appreciated and everything will be put into consideration but please keep in mind this is a new site, infinite scrolling and a new share feature were added only within the last two days.

My question: Is there a reason to visit that site and not PokémonDB/Smogon? What are you going to do differently that you think is flawed with either of these sites?

My question: Is there a reason to visit that site and not PokémonDB/Smogon? What are you going to do differently that you think is flawed with either of these sites?
Hey LightningLord2, very good question!

The simple answer is that many Pokemon sites aren't mobile friendly so we're looking to fix that and make it available on all platforms.
Are more depth answer is that once completed- PoD will have basically the same features, yes, but again more user friendly. The layout will be improved drastically and things like the Strategy Dex will be like an add-on the Pokedex page as well as a comment section and Poke Builder in their relevant areas.
Just a bigger, better, cleaner version of what already exists but all-in-one.
The only thing I'm not sure about is Pokemon Showdown. I'd like to think the webmaster will do something like it but at this stage he's concentrating on the website and I'm just gathering suggestions, promoting and starting a Strategy Dex of my own.

An app is highly considered so maybe a battle feature will be added then, alas that surely won't be until the completion of the site itself.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Heyo, sorry but I'm locking this since this forum is not the place for this. This is the workshop for our strategydex, and since we have a rule against advertising other sites I'm not sure if your thread goes anywhere, but Technical Projects is the forum you need to be for asking feedback on a technical contribution. Since you already have a thread there that looks like it can stay for now, there's not much point to this one--if you wish to increase that thread's visibility, you can feel free to include it in your status or signature. Plus, if I delete a thread for the above reasons then it's generally not a good idea to go ahead and repost it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)