Pokemon Rap Battles Season 2 - Round 1 VOTING

Which rappers need some bread because they went ham?

• Samosael (Gengar)

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • LucaroarkZ (Zoroark)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fisdunction (Weezing)

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Darkie (Haunter)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grumbler / Rocket Grunt (Arbok)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Triangles (Magneton)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Aviator99 (Vanillite)

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Layell (Starmie)

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Coolking49 (Medicham)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Da Letter El (Kabutops)

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • MikeDecIsHere (Rotom)

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Ulttimaa (Regigigas)

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Corkscrew (Qwilfish)

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
VOTING IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!

However,

In order to vote, you must post in the thread! The top poll doesn't count now that we've got matchups. All you have to do is make a post with the name of the person in each rap battle that you liked the best. At the end, the votes will be tallied, and the person with the higher votes in each battle will move on.

Person A vs. Person B
Person C vs. Person D

or

Person A
Person D

Samosael (Gengar) v. LucaroarkZ (Zoroark)
Fisdunction (Weezing) v. darkie (Haunter)
Grumbler (Arbok) v. Triangles (Magneton)
Aviator99 (Vanillite) v. Layell (Starmie)
Coolking49(Medicham) v. Da Letter El (Kabutops)

On to the rap battles!

---

Samosael (Gengar)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4265796&postcount=21

vs.

LucaroarkZ (Zoroark)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4268491&postcount=54

---

Fisdunction (Weezing)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4268420&postcount=52

vs.

darkie (Haunter)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4268827&postcount=62

---

Grumbler (Arbok)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4268471&postcount=53

vs.

Triangles (Magneton)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4260179&postcount=8

---

Aviator99 (Vanillite)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4268170&postcount=49

vs.

Layell (Starmie)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4265985&postcount=22

---

Coolking49 (Medicham)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4266784&postcount=32

vs.

Da Letter El (Kabutops)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4268880&postcount=63

---

Uncontested
In some of the matchups, only one of the people had submitted a rap. Therefore, those who's opponents did not submit a rap will receive a free pass to the next round. Give them a listen.

MikeDecIsHere (Rotom)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4268757&postcount=60

Ulttimaa (Regigigas)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4264238&postcount=12

Corkscrew (Qwilfish)
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4267939&postcount=45

---

All right. Go ahead and submit those votes, because this thread will be closing on June 15th.

For those in the competition, feel free to change the Pokemon you will be representing in Round 2. Just post in this thread saying which Pokemon you'll be switching to.

Before I post my votes I'd just like to say that Ult should be moved up a seed for his great rap. Guy to beat right now IMHO.

Is it just me, or does Sam sound a little like Just Jack in that first part?
Got to go with Sam here. His lyrics were a little more complete and the lack of a sound track hurt LucaroarkZ.

I literally couldn't understand both of your raps. Not that they were over my head, but that I literally couldn't understand a word either of you said. Thank god the lyrics was there so I could follow along. And what's this? Was Fis going after houndoom when his opponent was Haunter? I happen to like houndoom, and I feel those attacks attacks were unjust and unwarranted. Fatal flaw. Point darkie.

Rocket Grunt (Arbok) v. Triangles (Magneton)

The winner is you.

Aviator' rap was better sounding. But I'm not a fan of the parodies. They seem like a gimmick to me and kinda cheap. So Ima vote for effort and go Layell.

No excuses from Coolking... Got to go with the no excuses...

First of all, I just wanna say yes, I know I fucked up. I misread my opponent's Pokémon in the OP post and wrote my rap on a completely different 'mon. I expect to lose votes due to this, and I can't really be upset with anyone but myself.

That being said, it's voting time:

Sorry, Luca. That's two rounds of inaudible instrumentals and lacklustre lyrics. Well, that and the fact Samo fuckin' killed it.

I feel that Grumbler had better flow and lyrics overall, not to mention his delivery was a lot more energetic.

This one was a little tough to decide. Layell had a few good lines, but Aviator gets the vote for consistency. Also so many puns, my god.

CK's rap started off pretty strong, but I wasn't really feeling the second half. You two were pretty evenly matched, but my vote is gonna have to go with DLE this round.

Although mistaking Haunter for Houndour is a massive blunder and you should feel ashamed... Dis's was still the better rap, overall.

The flow on this one was so tight.

I groaned when I heard Vanilla Ice, but then

I’m deadly. Like a blizzard times three
Now I got Star-you wishin you was Star-me

Mamis everywhere shall cry tonight

There were some tricky ones this round, but this one was the closest for me. In fact I'm still not really sure. But I kind of feel that although Coolking falls off the beat a few times and some lines don't work as well as they could, overall his was more ambitious and has the edge; when it comes together, it really comes together.

Still, incredibly close though. I really don't know who's going to win this one.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Votes:
Sorry LucaroarkZ but there wasn't much competition here. Can't beat a bit of grime.

I felt obliged to vote for darkie here since Fis didn't rap about the right pokemon. But despite not being about Haunter, Fisdunction's lyrics were a lot better and the toxic backing track was great. Not that darkie's wasn't good, I just think that Fis doesn't deserve to go at round one.

This was a tough one. Grumbler's flow was a lot better and I did enjoy it. But judging on lyrics I preferred Triangles'. Especially the line about coil increasing the electromagnetism. Gotta love a bit of middle school physics.

I already mentioned in the last thread how Aviator's rap was sick. Backing track, flow, lyrics everything was spot on.

Now for the tough one. Both were pretty good but I sometimes feel that CK gives himself too much to do. I didn't think he could rap as fast he wanted. I thought the lyrics were pretty equal so I went with Da Letter El who had a better flow in my opinion.

Next round I'm gonna rep:

Ambipom

Also a match wasn't completed meaning that there's gonna be an odd number in the next round again... Is there gonna be the best second place goes through or something?

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ok so, just got up and have to leave for my ACT test soon. Let's do this.

GG Samosael. I thought rapping against Gengar out of all Pokemon was going to be easy shit, but hahah you were great, man. Also, everyone else, please do vote against me. I'd vote against myself if I could vote in my own round, but I don't think I'm actually allowed to. I dunno, Ult, am I allowed to vote against myself? ok thanks

All I can say is, Fisdunction's was better. But, remember next time to get the Pokemon right.

Come on, Triangles, you put it on YouTube? That's massive points off right there. Plus, Grumbler's was better anyway.

Do I need to explain this one?

I just don't think El had enough lyrics. I know this sounds strange coming from someone whose self-promo rap was 20-something seconds long, but seriously.

Seems like there's a lot less people in general this time around...

oh well on to the comments

Ha! Gengar was a mon I was thinking about using this time around, and he's already been used twice! (I even had the same backing track picked out too XD). Great job though, nice to see some new talent hittin' the scene.
-

As many others said, I guess I can let the blatantly wrong 'mon slide in round 1, and Fis did a good job otherwise.
-

Liked this one quite a bit. Great flow. Triangles had some clever lyrics, but Grumbler edged him out a bit when it came to presentation.
-

Little too much intro/outro on DLE's but what he did have I really liked, great flow, but I guess with a water type that's a given (HAR HAR).

EDIT: I'll be changing 'mons next round, will edit when I decide who

And here I was, dreaming about being in the final 6 because only 5 people submitted. I guess I'll have to get there the old fashioned way.

I'm going with everyone else in that no one sounds good rapping over nothing. Lyrically Sam was better too.

THis one is closer than it will end up on the final score sheet, since I actually really liked Darkie's. Both had good creative lines but I'm a sucker for good, fast, rapping.

At the risk of sounding hypocritical from my last comment, I loved Grumblers rap, but it seemed kind of vague. It wasn't really against Magneton, and would have been better in the seeding round. Triangles didn't sound very good but I liked his lyrics a lot more.

Both were pretty good, though both had their bad parts. Aviator's rap made me cringe when he started imitating vanilla ice, but actually had amazing lyrics.

Next round, assuming I get there, you can say hi to

the rematch seems to be as close as the original, if not closer.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Fisdunction
Rocket Grunt
Ultimaa

Not sure why Fisdunction isn`t getting much love; his rap was pretty solid

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Fisdunction - If this were closer, I might let rapping about the wrong mon make a difference in my vote, but as-is, Fis had a much much better rap. Good job, all things considered

Samosael - Killed it; lack of a beat on LucaroarkZ's really hurt, but even with one I think Samosael's lyrics were just...better. Solid flow, and I liked mixing up the rhyme scheme beyond just AABB like we've been hearing most people do.

Rocket Grunt - Flowed way better, and overall the lyrics just seemed more clever. Triangle's started off fine lyrically, but was a bit too slow to flow well together, and the lyrics sort of tapered off near the end.

Aviator99 - Layell's was pretty decent all the way through, but Aviator's was just solid. And I loved the Drop It Like It's Hot reference.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
the lack of instrumental really hurt, but Sam was better anyways.
Fisdunction had the better rap and better lines, which is what was important. I'm sure he would have killed it if he was attacking a haunter too.
Grumbler was just more interesting, in the end, although both were pretty even
Aviator99 (Vanillite)v. Layell (Starmie)
both were corny, but aviator's flowed better. And his corny stuff fit in.
cooking tried a lot of tougher stuff and while he didn't always succeed in getting perfect, I liked it better than DLE's

Your music was too loud bro, could barely hear the words. But the flow was good mostly, and the lack of any rhythm really hurt LucaroarkZ.

Wrong opp, but whatever. Not bad, but I think Toxic is a little too fast of a rhythm for ya. Good rhymes though, enjoyed it.

THIS SHIT WAS THE BEST. This was hands down my favorite rap of the round. I loved the old school rhythm and the "off beat" rhyming. The flow was fantastic, great shit man.

Didn't like either to be honest, sorry boys.

both were ok, but El was on rhythm more. I liked the beat too, real chill, and matched the rap well.

kingofmars

Its 2015 somewhere
won the 2nd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)