Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

...what. :smogonbird:
They announce a Pokémon tráiler in Día de la Hispanidad.
A japanese vtuber talking nonsense.
End up showing absolutely nothing.

Perfect.
Darn it Japan.
WolfieVGC's reaction stream was mostly being at a loss of words. There were minutes of silence when the reveal trailer ended.

I feel the same way.
And the "most relatable reaction" award goes to...
Idk it just feels... out of place. As I stated above, I can understand wanting to include a streamer or e-personality in the games, after all they are part of modern culture, and even Galar had Raihan who is pretty much a influencer or a tiktoker, but his personality was interesting even in the cringe moment.

This presentation was just... bad. Not even a GF apologist like me can defend it.

Edit: Hey let's be positive though, for first time, the game not having voice acting will be a bless, we won't have to hear that atrocity.
Considering Paldea usqes the same writing system as Galar, maybe the two regions' respective cultures aren't that different.
TPC saw the complaining about how they didn't show anything new in 14 minutes of gameplay and took that as a challenge.
I call this "overcorrection". Like when Sonic Team hear people claim there are too many Sonic characters, and because of this, some later games have few characters.
Remember the Pokémon reveals in SM? Remember the 24-hour stream?
So it's a fucking VTuber, with my two favorite colors in her hair, and leading my favorite type, huh.

Yo fuck you all she's mine. Don't you dare breathe her air.

I'll shoot.

People are like "wtf we didn't get this and that", I don't care what you didn't have. I've found God.
SIIIIIIIIMP! /s
I don't like Iono's pointy teeth. Is she even human?
These Cute Little Fangs? That's an anime thing, hey Raihan has these actually!
In unrelated news I am now against voice acting in Pokémon games
Congrats, you are now unpopular among the "I want to hear Piers singing" crowd.
This was hot garbage.

They didn't even have the decency of revealing the mon in the end.

I'm going out of my way to bring a Garchomp to her. :psyangry:
Is Garchomp even confirmed to be in SV?
Anyway, I'm going to bring Diglett against her. It works against Lt. Surge after all. :blobuwu:
Proof that Gamefreak is as familiar with streamers as 70 year olds are
she doesn't look as a vtuber so much as some sort some of strange amalgamation of a 90's Shibuya teen and your japanese-word-stand-in-for-nerd

the eyes still look wrong
but heavens to murgatroyd the eyes of the main characters are so bad words literally fail me
Rapti, is your health okay?
Why do they keep creating characters and scenarios such as this where voice acting is common sense yet still not a single word will be spoken in game, except possibly "Pikachu".
You forgot "Eevee" in LGPE.
Iono's hair reminds me of the new Fire Emblem protagonist, though we didn't see it from behind like their leak.
Also I have to give credit that this was accurate to how an influencer would drag out a video for engagement and telling you to comment and hit the subscribe button.
I was expecting a chat member to throw her 200,000 Pokédollars as a donation during the stream.
I can't believe this anime franchise has anime characters, what kind of madness is this??
Anime.

After having heard her voice... It doesn't seem high pitched enough to be grating? Maybe it's the personality and how fast she talks?

Her voice sounds weirdly familiar but I doubt they got a vtuber to do this.

saving this comment in my mindscape for when she's revealed to be 15
If she's a japanese streamer then odds are she'll be eternally 17 like Kikuko Inoue (Age 58)

Pokemon fans will get mad at the most harmless content drop ever. Bro just say shes ugly and move on
I think it's actually the opposite problem.

They tried TOO HARD to make her look "popular".

As I said above... I'm fine with the whole vtuber/streamer/influencer thing.

But... she really just looks and speaks like <generic anime girl n°526>.
There's literally nothing that seems "unique" or "interesting" from the way they presented her.

Sure maybe in japan that stuff is popular (after all vtubers themselves are super popular in japan and I still don't get what's interesting about them), but on the west I... really can't see anyone having enjoyed this.
Didn't help that as some have mentioned, we were promised a "trailer" and we got a 4 minute video of a anime girl yelling weeb gibberish.

I think it's actually the opposite problem.

They tried TOO HARD to make her look "popular".

As I said above... I'm fine with the whole vtuber/streamer/influencer thing.

But... she really just looks and speaks like <generic anime girl n°526>.
There's literally nothing that seems "unique" or "interesting" from the way they presented her.

Sure maybe in japan that stuff is popular (after all vtubers themselves are super popular in japan and I still don't get what's interesting about them), but on the west I... really can't see anyone having enjoyed this.
Didn't help that as some have mentioned, we were promised a "trailer" and we got a 4 minute video of a anime girl yelling weeb gibberish.
Gonna b real, don't see how this has any correlation with what I said. Its still a harmless trailer yall are unreasonably mad about: You saw a character you didn't like for 4 minutes.

I don't even like her, I think shes ugly as hell, but everyone's anger is so extreme lol

Gonna b real, don't see how this has any correlation with what I said. Its still a harmless trailer yall are unreasonably mad about: You saw a character you didn't like for 4 minutes.

I don't even like her, I think shes ugly as hell, but everyone's anger is so extreme lol
Allow me introduce you to the concept of "sharing opinions" and "voicing disappointment".
As well as discussing what potentially was so wrong with it that made people upset, instead of just going "i dont like it k".

So you know, a bit of actual in depth analysis. Too difficult to understand? What do you want us to talk about, the weather?

Allow me introduce you to the concept of "sharing opinions" and "voicing disappointment".
As well as discussing what potentially was so wrong with it that made people upset, instead of just going "i dont like it k".

So you know, a bit of actual in depth analysis. Too difficult to understand? What do you want us to talk about, the weather?
What kind of insane bad faith reading is this. Am I on tumblr.
You can talk about how ugly and annoying she is. Or how the vtuber thing is lame as hell, because I'd agree. I'm saying that the anger about the trailer existence is overblown. Its a 4 minute video you could have watched in the bathroom. Annoyance is fine but people are acting like this was some kind of moral sin or whatever

...On the topic of the actual Pokemon being teased itself - if it happens to be a regional form and not an entirely new 'mon, I'd bet on it being either an Electric-type Seismitoad or a convergent evolution that looks similar. Just looking at some of the hints that Iono gives:

* Two bumps on its head: Seismitoad has this.
1665598931436.png

Nothing else immediately comes to mind, but I'm sure there's other 'mons like this - not compelling evidence on its own, but with the other things she talks about:

* It's squishy: well, it's a frog. If you've ever held a frog, you'll know those things are pretty squishy - not to mention that the bumps across Seismitoad's body expel liquid, according to the Pokedex.
Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 11.23.03 AM.png

If an electric-type Seismitoad keeps the water typing, a squishy texture makes sense.

* Its body contracts and expands to create electricity - this, combined with the other two major traits, is what leads me to believe that it's either a Paldean Seismitoad or a new Pokemon entirely. Seismitoad's Ground typing comes from the vibrations it produces, allowing it to cause tremors - I wouldn't be surprised if a Paldean Seismitoad evolved over time to convert the kinetic energy from its vibrations into electrical energy. I don't know feasible this is in real life - Faraday might be rolling over in his grave as we speak - but if nothing else, it seems like a convenient way to change up Seismitoad's typing using established design elements.

What kind of insane bad faith reading is this. Am I on tumblr.
You can talk about how ugly and annoying she is. Or how the vtuber thing is lame as hell, because I'd agree. I'm saying that the anger about the trailer existence is overblown. Its a 4 minute video you could have watched in the bathroom. Annoyance is fine but people are acting like this was some kind of moral sin or whatever
I'll be real I haven't noticed this supposed vitriolic anger toward the trailer itself, at least not in this thread. Just annoyance. Maybe there's more anger on like twitter or something, in which case stop using twitter.

I don't know feasible this is in real life - Faraday might be rolling over in his grave as we speak
I feel like theres gotta be some application of electric type in pokemon that would have killed him again already, I don't think this is a major stretch.

I'll be real I haven't noticed this supposed vitriolic anger toward the trailer itself, at least not in this thread. Just annoyance. Maybe there's more anger on like twitter or something, in which case stop using twitter.
Absolutely not. I need my daily stickyfrogs post

Yes, and honestly this hardly qualifies as "Information". The video itself doesn't... say anything. She's presented, asks to guess what her favourite pokemon and...that's it.

Honestly this is the post that most sums up the issue
TPC saw the complaining about how they didn't show anything new in 14 minutes of gameplay and took that as a challenge.
Call it PR failure. You don't try to hype this stuff, it doesn't really work in the west. It's as bad as when they tried to sell us Crabrawler as the new peak of competitive pokemon.

...On the topic of the actual Pokemon being teased itself - if it happens to be a regional form and not an entirely new 'mon, I'd bet on it being either an Electric-type Seismitoad or a convergent evolution that looks similar. Just looking at some of the hints that Iono gives:

* Two bumps on its head: Seismitoad has this.
View attachment 458385
Nothing else immediately comes to mind, but I'm sure there's other 'mons like this - not compelling evidence on its own, but with the other things she talks about:

* It's squishy: well, it's a frog. If you've ever held a frog, you'll know those things are pretty squishy - not to mention that the bumps across Seismitoad's body expel liquid, according to the Pokedex.
View attachment 458386
If an electric-type Seismitoad keeps the water typing, a squishy texture makes sense.

* Its body contracts and expands to create electricity - this, combined with the other two major traits, is what leads me to believe that it's either a Paldean Seismitoad or a new Pokemon entirely. Seismitoad's Ground typing comes from the vibrations it produces, allowing it to cause tremors - I wouldn't be surprised if a Paldean Seismitoad evolved over time to convert the kinetic energy from its vibrations into electrical energy. I don't know feasible this is in real life - Faraday might be rolling over in his grave as we speak - but if nothing else, it seems like a convenient way to change up Seismitoad's typing using established design elements.
My first reading (after calming down about Magnemite) was the idea of a pikaclone that had the charge sacs as eyespots rather than cheeks, but this would work as well.

For reference, the transformation between electricity and pressure changes is called piezoelectricity, though it usually doesn't associate itself with squishy materials.

Nice guess, maybe it's the non-Electric-type Pokémon she's going to Terastallize during her battle.
Is her partner supposed to be pure Electric or have another type? That for me is the most confusing thing.
Nah her partner and the 'mon she's teasing are one in the same, meaning if it is Seismitoad then it isn't Unovan Seismitoad and she'll be Terastallizing another 'mon (Here's hoping she goes for maximum annoyance and it is Levitate Bronzong)

Edit:
Yes, and honestly this hardly qualifies as "Information". The video itself doesn't... say anything. She's presented, asks to guess what her favourite pokemon and...that's it.
We know almost as much about her as we do for Grusha and Brassicus. Heck, pretty much about as much as or more than what we know about most of the other named NPCs too.

Last edited:
Nah her partner and the 'mon she's teasing are one in the same, meaning if it is Seismitoad then it isn't Unovan Seismitoad and she'll be Terastallizing another 'mon (Here's hoping she goes for maximum annoyance and it is Levitate Bronzong)

Edit:

We know almost as much about her as we do for Grusha and Brassicus. Heck, pretty much about as much as or more than what we know about most of the other named NPCs too.
Grusha had the fun though of seeing lonely otakus reactions when they found out Grusha is male.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)