Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Do you think this will be all the returning Pokemon?
there's 7 Pokemon missing so at minimum there's a few more

also many of these are ones already in the game, so it's feasible that those don't truly count. iirc the kanto starters and the legends already in the game didn't count to the 200 in SWSH

could just be seeing a mostly complete list but still mid development

Asking here because it doesn't require a Datamine to confirm necessarily. Serebii claims Hurricane is compatible with Walking Wake, but also had and then removed Solarbeam as they were checking info.

Hurricane is still listed, but can someone who has caught Wake confirm if it learns the move for sure via TM? That move could be quite relevant on it so I'd like to know for the flood of discussion.

Asking here because it doesn't require a Datamine to confirm necessarily. Serebii claims Hurricane is compatible with Walking Wake, but also had and then removed Solarbeam as they were checking info.

Hurricane is still listed, but can someone who has caught Wake confirm if it learns the move for sure via TM? That move could be quite relevant on it so I'd like to know for the flood of discussion.
It can, yes. Just checked

Looking through this list, the following Pokémon still remain that can't be brought into any Switch game:

Rattata-A*, Raticate-A*, Spinda*, Snivy, Servine, Serperior, Tepig, Pignite, Emboar, Patrat, Watchog, Pansage, Simisage, Pansear, Simisear, Panpour, Simipour, Furfrou

*Rattata-A line is usable in LGPE, but can't enter it from outside. Spinda is available in BDSP but can't leave or enter.

However, the fact that every starter line except for the two remaining Unova starters are on the pastebin makes me think that at least they should still come back.

Last edited:
Looking through this list, the following Pokémon still remain that can't be brought into any Switch game:

Rattata-A, Raticate-A, Spinda, Snivy, Servine, Serperior, Tepig, Pignite, Emboar, Patrat, Watchog, Pansage, Simisage, Pansear, Simisear, Panpour, Simipour, Furfrou

However, the fact that every starter line except for the two remaining Unova starters are not on the pastebin makes me think that at least they should still come back.
Not sure which normal type to feel more bad for between Spinda, Furfrou and Watchog

Not to get too Number Theory and lean into pattern recognition traps but if you remove the Pokemon from that list who are already in the game, you can add in all the remaining Legendary Pokemon (excluding the Ultra Beasts, which internally seemed to haev been removed from that designation) and come out to ~236 (I also threw in Keldeo) which would fit snugly in the "over 230" number they're touting

Not sure which normal type to feel more bad for between Spinda, Furfrou and Watchog
I would say Watchog because Furfrou and Spinda have mechanical reasons why their appearances/transferability is going to be limited, whereas Watchog and the elemental monkeys are the last remaining mons to be excluded from the games simply because Game Freak forgot about them or doesn't like them.

Not sure if this was mentioned yet - but the two characters on each of the posters are called Carmine and Kieran.

Carmine;

Kieran

Haven't seen a lot of discussion about them so far. (Not that there is much to discuss)

Hopefully they're rivals that have more personality/character than Nemona.
She's very straight forward about what she likes but Nemona has plenty of personality imo

It is funny how their artwork and names are only in the press release. Despite being presumably part of our academy and going with us to these places and being on the key art neither the presentation or the website or the rest of the press release acknowledges them.

Actually I assumed they were part of our academy but I bet they're part of Blueberry. Presumably they also took a trip to the festival.

I would say Watchog because Furfrou and Spinda have mechanical reasons why their appearances/transferability is going to be limited
I get Furfrou but Spinda? You mean the pattern generation? Every other game managed that, why shouldn't the switch games?

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Rattata-A*, Raticate-A*, Spinda*, Snivy, Servine, Serperior, Tepig, Pignite, Emboar, Patrat, Watchog, Pansage, Simisage, Pansear, Simisear, Panpour, Simipour, Furfrou
Watchog and the monkeys are now the only Gen 5 Pokemon besides the starters who are still Dexited after the SV DLC comes out.

Talk about being so unlikable from a design standpoint and being so horrible and uninteresting in battle that you still don't make it into a mainline Switch game after all of SwSh+DLC, PLA, and SV+SV DLC.

RIP Bozos, you won't be missed ahahaha.

The only reason Spinda is in a dumb spot is purely beacuse BDSP messed up how it generates the spots. This will not be an issue with any other game

I get Furfrou but Spinda? You mean the pattern generation? Every other game managed that, why shouldn't the switch games?
Every other game didn't manage it, though. ILCA messed up with BDSP which is why Spinda isn't allowed to leave or enter those games. In other words, Spinda has an excuse for being a trouble mon whereas Watchog is excluded just because.

Not sure if this was mentioned yet - but the two characters on each of the posters are called Carmine and Kieran.

Carmine;

Kieran

Haven't seen a lot of discussion about them so far. (Not that there is much to discuss)

Hopefully they're rivals that have more personality/character than Nemona.
Interesting that they both have hair which makes a cross over their face.

So other than the guys in the datamine we probably have the legends and a few more mythicals coming probably, considering what crown tundra brought us

Last edited:
Every other game didn't manage it, though. ILCA messed up with BDSP which is why Spinda isn't allowed to leave or enter those games. In other words, Spinda has an excuse for being a trouble mon whereas Watchog is excluded just because.
Huh I didn't know that. Makes sense considering it's BDSP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)