Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

I see Zororark caused them numerous problems

I wonder how the Cud Chew issue even happened. Maybe someone checked in an earlier version while updating last time and no one caught it.
Honestly should have just leaned into it and updated the text accordingly, but alas.

Fixed a bug affecting Trainers who received Hisuian Zoroark from the Mystery Gift screen as a special early-purchase bonus for The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero for Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet without first having seen Zoroark in their game. This bug caused Zoroark to be incorrectly displayed as registered in these Trainers' Pokédexes.
That seems like such an unnecessary thing to fix, it is a Zoroark after all, why shouldn't it count as one?

Unless that was the root cause of the save corruption bug.

I just want them to revert back to the PLA box mechanics/controls, something about SV feels so clunky (not just the loading times) and inorganic to use. Or even HOME and just adopt that approach.

Also, something that Centro pointed out from an interview Creatures Inc did;

Creatures Inc. have redone every(?) Pokémon model animation at 60fps which is quite interesting

(Centro's wording is a little odd, I'm not sure if he meant every model has been done, or every gen 9 model) I guess it's no indication to future games but lays to rest the annoying "oh GF are lazy" mouthpieces.

Last edited:
I just want them to revert back to the PLA box mechanics/controls, something about SV feels so clunky (not just the loading times) and inorganic to use. Or even HOME and just adopt that approach.

Also, something that Centro pointed out from an interview Creatures Inc did;

Creatures Inc. have redone every(?) Pokémon model animation at 60fps which is quite interesting

(Centro's wording is a little odd, I'm not sure if he meant every model has been done, or every gen 9 model) I guess it's no indication to future games but lays to rest the annoying "oh GF are lazy" mouthpieces.
To be fair, Creatures is a different company from Game Freak so doesn't actually change anything about Game Freak being lazy or not.

And they were lazy with SwSh, those were literally just the gen 7 models, with some higher higher res textures on some of them (not even all the gen 8 mons have high res textures, hell not even all the DLC gen 8 mons, you can count the pixels in the texture for Glastrier's mane).

To be fair, Creatures is a different company from Game Freak so doesn't actually change anything about Game Freak being lazy or not.

And they were lazy with SwSh, those were literally just the gen 7 models, with some higher higher res textures on some of them (not even all the gen 8 mons have high res textures, hell not even all the DLC gen 8 mons, you can count the pixels in the texture for Glastrier's mane).
Not that I want to go off topic too much, so I won't - but I'd say Gamefreak mismanaged their resources and output, not that they were lazy, per se. Lazy implies that the employees didn't put effort in, and we know now that they did. GF just did not hire enough people to actively work on the game, instead opting for their "small, intimate team effort" approach - which just wasn't feasible when you're working on a main series game for the world's largest media franchise.

Idk, the lazy comments make me cringe a little because the employees did work their asses off on this game they just didn't have the right management support. Even if the comments usually reference the company management itself, it always trickles down into "boo GF lazy cause trees were bad!!" like no, the employees tried to do their best with their timeframe/support. But I do very much agree that SWSH was phoned in and absolutely not what we should've gotten for a main series debut on Switch.

The rerelease of Arceus and the Jewel of Life in South Korea also marks the surprising return of one of its iconic event distributions for the rare star of the movie that got its own ingame event when transferred to HGSS, the one and only Pikachu-colored Pichu:

1682539220397.png

1682538615103.png

As a local distribution this may not be relevant to most people here, but the reminder of a past event 5 generations later is a rare but interesting comparison of how things have changed since then. The Pichu's set is a close reference to the original distribution, but you can't send it to BDSP like the original and notably the event-exclusive Endeavor has been replaced with the more generic Helping Hand, so I guess you could say this is a sign of gamefreak trying to avoid event moves or bringing back a transfer-exclusive move in Gen 9 depending on how you feel about it. If Arceus was distributed again then it might have lost its signature moves as well. You also do not get the spiky eared Pichu out of the deal since you can't send it to HGSS, which is a shame because it would be very relevant to SV's theme as one of the actual non-Celebi time traveling pokemon in the series that is actually addressed in canon.

A patch coming next week as an emergency fix for competition stuff

The next patch for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet will release next week, between May 22nd and May 26th. This patch will fix an issue with competitions that affected the Japanese and Korean Qualifiers for their National Championships and the Pokémon World Championships causing players to be unable to see rankings, face against the same opponents repeatedly and be unable to exit out between battles. This patch comes ahead of repeat of these qualifying competitions on May 28th

Echoing someone else, apparently we'll be getting 5 star raids for Paradoxes

Personally glad they are doing this, as it will allow to catch a few non-version exclusives rather than need to beg friends for them
Has anyone else noticed that Iron Treads doesn't have its trunk in that picture? Like it's not up, it's just not there, you can even see the shading freaking out where it's supposed to attach.

Has anyone else noticed that Iron Treads doesn't have its trunk in that picture? Like it's not up, it's just not there, you can even see the shading freaking out where it's supposed to attach.
The part where I assume you're talking abotu the shading looks like the trunk to me, just covered in all the crystals.

Still waiting for the English version to put its information page up, but the Japanese site has more details
https://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2023/05/230518_gm01.html

• Tera type in SV determined by the original typing. Nothing strange there
  • You can convert Home points into League Points for SV
  • Added a function so that when you view a Pokemon, you can see its details in the style of any of the given games. This way you don't have to wonder what the moveset will be like on moving and stuff like that
  • They're adding the Move Reminder feature to Home. When you move someone over, you can go into their options and select the moves you want them to have instead of just defaulting to their level up moveset and then having to micromanage the reminder.
  • There's a note that it's limited to moves already "memorized" (some moves excluded). Guessing that if you taught it a TM/Tutor they'll remember it in their respective game, maybe Egg moves will carry between
  • Yes it does seem you can bring any Pokemon in home to any of the Gen 8 or 9 titles. How fun!

how exactly does this work when the Pokémon’s learn sets will be reset upon going into the game? (Unless I’m missing something)
This is you choosing what the moveset will be upon being put into that given game. So it doesnt just default to the levle up moveset for that level.
e:
Here we go, the english side is finally up

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-...mon-scarlet-and-pokemon-violet-is-coming-soon

A Pikachu from Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet, however, can be moved to those games because it appears in them. Additionally, the Tera Type of Pokémon moved to Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet will be determined by their original type or types.

If there was still any confusion, this is indeed how it will work. A pretty big stride for the series, should have been allowed in Bank personally.

When bringing a Pokémon from Pokémon HOME into a linked game, you will be able to change the moves it knows from a list of moves it has learned up to that point. These moves are limited to moves that can be learned in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl (some moves excluded), Pokémon Legends: Arceus, and Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet.

And a little clarification on the move thing.

Last edited:
Chilling Water was a fine solution, so I'm not begging for Scald. I'd take a nerfed universal Damage over Time move as well. But I can't accept the current state of Toxic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)