Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Gym Leaders will use a mon not of their type as their ace but Terastalize them to make them the Tera-type of the type they specialize in (example: Tera-Grass Sudowoodo by the Grass Gym Leader).
What, an actually good showcase of the mechanic in the single player campaign, showcasing the possible usage in competitive?

That's illegal.

Also random thing: I like how mr Crab has 2 directly opposite abilities, one that makes it immune to crits to be able to setup defensively, and one that instead makes you squishier and more powerful for being hit.

I dig the mega-man mons, but I kind of wish their types were swapped, since I like Armorage's design a bit more than Cerluedge's. Also, I am not a fan of them continuing to make version exclusive ghosts. Last couple of gens it worked out because there was only one version with a ghost exclusive (except USUM, but I already had Lunala from moon), but that may not be the case this gen. Gonna make it hard to choose a version if so (and it means I'm probably gonna look at the datamine to make my decision).

I like Klawf. It's got some puppy vibes going on. (carcinisation?)

Something I don't like about Pokemon trailers is this annoying habit they have of zooming in on the text box. If you're not watching the trailer on a phone, it just make it harder to read what they're trying to emphasize.

Tragically, Hypno line is confirmed to be returning.

Last edited:
Ceruledge and Armarouge look like Mega Man was turned into a Pokémon. It’s kind of annoying that they bought back Fire/Ghost again after repeated Pokémon of the same type in Gen 7 and 8.
someone oughta tell gf that x is the blue one and zero is the red one

In other news I wonder what the other crews of Team Star are gonna be like. Are they gonna be Grass and Water or are we getting a curveball?

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This definitely gives me Legends: Arceus Noble Pokemon vibes. You're facing a special superboss Pokemon all by itself and you have to aim to take it down, except without the action-RPG style player throwing balms at it (or maybe since Arven is involved in the Path of Legends storyline and is a cook, maybe that will play a role like how you threw balms made of a Noble's favorite food at them in PLA?).

Very interesting to see a Legends: Arceus structure storyline returning in this game as one of three campaigns in addition to the Gym Challenge.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
So were the “paradox Pokemon” leaks actually just the knights? They’re past and future and they’re somewhat paradoxical (past one has a blaster, future one has a sword)

This definitely gives me Legends: Arceus Noble Pokemon vibes. You're facing a special superboss Pokemon all by itself and you have to aim to take it down, except without the action-RPG style player throwing balms at it (or maybe since Arven is involved in the Path of Legends storyline and is a cook, maybe that will play a role like how you threw balms made of a Noble's favorite food at them in PLA?).

Very interesting to see a Legends: Arceus structure storyline returning in this game as one of three campaigns in addition to the Gym Challenge.
I'd peg this more as Totem-alike than Noble-alike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)