Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hey all!

Please us this thread to discuss any content relating to the Pokemon Day presents which is coming up shortly!

Western link above

Teased at the end, Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet - New starters shown as well as some overworld footage.

1645971548902.png

English names have been revealed as: Sprigatito, Fuecoco and Quaxly

Official Artwork

Trailer for Gen 9 on its own

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-gb/

English Website for the new games!

https://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/sv/ja/

Japanese Pokemon Website for the new games

Last edited:
I hope the daybreak update makes it easier to hunt shiny alphas... @_@

Looking forward to gen 9 at the end of the year. It looks like it does take some cues from PLA, hopefully it strikes a good balance between that and traditional games. I guess this makes a more extensive dlc and updating swsh with newer mons less likely (the latter being a long shot dream anyways).

On first impressions, I like the fire croc best. Curious where it's based on. The fancy cathedral-esque building reminds me of the segrada familia in Barcelona.

Last edited:
REALLY did not expect this, good lord what an atom bomb. Three Pokemon releases in a sub 14 month span is absolutely crazy.

1645971756429.png

Gonna call the little apple bubble bobble lookin' fire dude turns into a snake, since charizard presumably already eats up the dragon slot. Everyone complained about fire starters always ending up on two legs, so I'll betcha this one has none!

qtrx

cadaeic
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I hope the daybreak update makes it easier to hunt shiny alphas... @_@

Looking forward to gen 9 at the end of the year. It looks like it does take some vues from PLA, hopefully it strikes a good balance between that and traditional games. I guess this makes a more extensive dlc and updating swsh with newer mons less likely (the latter being a long shot dream anyways).

On first impressions, I like the fire croc best. Curious where it's based on. The fancy cathedral-esque building reminds me of the segrada familia in Barcelona.
Later in the trailer we catch a glimpse of the Town Map on the protagonist's wall. Looks like the Iberian peninsula to me.

1.png

So according to these tweets the starters' Japanese names are:

Nyaoh, a whimsical and spoiled Kusaneko Pokemon
Hogeta, a leisurely and self-paced Fire Crocodile Pokemon
Quass, a serious and beautiful Kogamo Pokemon

I like the cat the best but I feel all of these have potential for banger final evos

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm sure someone will break down the trailer and figure out which part of the world the next gen games take place. Couldn't quite tell myself, the region looks to maybe be in a European country, that building with a Poke Ball in it will probably be a dead giveaway (maybe also that townsquare area) to some people who know landmarks better then me.

Also glad to see Arceus: Legends overworld aesthetics being carried over, which was pretty much a better version than the Wild Area. Hoping they keep in the ability to let us sneak around and snipe captures (and also keep in how in battles Pokemon look like they actually make contact when they use physical moves). Though hopefully the Pokedex Tasks won't be as demanding as L:A.

Starters gonna need to see animated/3D models before passing judgement. From initial appearance, the Grass Cat and Water Duck is fine, the Fire Bubble Bobble though looks a bit off style so biting my tongue for that one.

Scarlet & Violet, interesting title choices. To me it immediately brings to mind the extremes of the color spectrum: Ultraviolet and Infrared. Guess "Infrared" sounded a bit awkward for a Pokemon title so, if this is what the titles are based on, simplified them to an adjacent word of their noted color: Violet remained the same while for "red" they went with Scarlet. There was certainly a lot of color in the trailer (in the game parts at least, it's juxtaposed with the real world being in a sort of monochrome & brown tones) so maybe that's a theme they're going for? Guess we'll see.

qtrx

cadaeic
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So according to these tweets the starters' Japanese names are:

Nyaoh, a whimsical and spoiled Kusaneko Pokemon
Hogeta, a leisurely and self-paced Fire Crocodile Pokemon
Quass, a serious and beautiful Kogamo Pokemon

I like the cat the best but I feel all of these have potential for banger final evos
Big head syndrome in full effect here though. Fire starter has a similar body plan to Charmander, but with a head about 3x the size. :blobshrug:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)