Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

I feel like Fuecoco has a very apparent apple motif, but that seems like such a weird design choice for a fire-type. Also it's clearly the best starter, just putting that out there.

I didn’t watch the direct, and now that it is over, I have mixed feelings about what it showed. At first, I looked at the news on Serebii when I thought the direct was over, and I was very happy that they hadn’t announced Gen 9. Then I looked back a few minutes later and saw that they had announced Gen 9 at the end after all! That made me sad.

Because I am not that happy about this. Now, what I am unhappy about is not Gen 9 itself, but rather the fact that it will be released this year. I think it is way too early. Legends: Arceus hasn’t been out for a month yet, and they have already stolen its place in the spotlight and given it to the next big thing. In addition to that, it has only been three months since BD/SP were released. So I think it is way too early. If anything, they could at least have waited for a few months with announcing this. But it appears that Pokémon day is way too important for them.

Personally, I had really hoped that they would wait until next year with the next main series games. I haven’t beaten Legends: Arceus yet, and I think there are many others who haven't beaten it either. I would guess there are people who are still playing BD/SP as well. In addition to that, I have many other plans for games I want to play on my Switch this year, as well as for how I am going to play other Pokémon games during the year. There’s also Xenoblade Chronicles 3 which will be released in September, a must-have for me as XC2 is my favorite Switch game. I highly doubt I will be able to complete XC3 before S/V are released, seeing how long XC1 and XC2 are. So it will be hard for me to find the time to play everything I have planned for this year. And this is of course going to be another late year release which I do not approve of. I had hoped they would wait until 2023 but release it earlier during that year instead, during January-August or something. Oh well.

As for the trailer itself… I think the games look fairly good graphically. Seems like they will follow in the footsteps of S/S and have a large, varied Pokédex with Pokémon from all earlier generations, which is good. One notable thing is that it showed a regular Meowth. Does this mean we won’t be getting a new regional variant for Meowth this time around? If so, then that's a bit sad since I like both Alolan and Galarian Meowth better than regular Meowth, and I had hoped that whateverian Meowth would follow in their footsteps. I think the Starters all look extremely weird. I always get that impression from new Pokémon though, so that’s okay. Not sure which I like the best, will have to see which one I end up going with.

It appears that these games are going to be open world. I hope that means it will be a linear open world like in L:A, not full open world like in BOTW. I think the linear open world worked well in L:A and I hope they can continue with it and improve upon it. I don’t want a full open world game unless they can actually make it work (which I highly doubt they can). But who knows? We'll have to see.

Not sure which version I’ll get, Scarlet is a bit more appealing to me, somehow. I like blue better than red, but I like red better than purple. So I'll probably get Scarlet unless the cover legends manage to change my mind.

Sadly, I have a hard time being hyped for the games because of the fact that they will be released this year. Oh well. Time will tell how it goes for my plans. But right now, it is not looking good.

As for the other things in the direct… Shaymin for BD/SP, great for everyone who has those games and want to use the cute little hedgehog! I am a bit surprised to see that they went with it before Darkrai though, but whatever. Regarding the L:A update, it seems like you will be able to fight multiple alpha Pokémon at once? Crazy! I wonder what more they will add. I will obviously get it since it is a free update, which is cool. Not expecting super much from it but I hope it will be fun anyway. Alola Pokémon in Go is cool I guess, but since I barely play that game anymore I don’t really care that much.

That's all I have for now, might post more thoughts later.

Last edited:
As for the other things in the direct… Shaymin for BD/SP, great for everyone who has those games and want to use the cute little hedgehog! I am a bit surprised to see that they went with it before Darkrai though, but whatever.
I strongly suspect this is because it has been available using the Void glitch for a while now and they wanted to introduce it legitimately as soon as possible.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
>2022 Gen 9
DADDY NO

>It's open world, uses Legends Arceus battle presentation and has significantly improved graphics
DADDY YES

>Region is seemingly based on Spain/Portugal, more specifically Iberian Peninsula
Please break the western europe curse please break the western europe curse please break the western europe curse

god i'm such a pathetic pokeshill

Choice Specs Heracross

Banned deucer.
Yeah, it looks like its wearing some kind of military hat, and it has a serious pose and personality, I'm predicting Water/Fighting.

The other two I'm going to predict are Grass/Fairy and Fire/Rock.
I actually want my precious ducky to go the Boring water/flying route Coz its such a good Type. I mean it would face competition from Pelipper but it would be close to 100 more BST to work with. Besides They might remove Pelipper from the next game (oh god that doesn’t bare thinking about) I love my water fowl (still recovering from the loss of Swanna btw)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Lol being spanish didnt actually though about that, i just thought Fuecoco was similar to a coconut X'DD
Hey, I'm from Spain too. And he does, but more an apple.
View attachment 409744
The Fire Starter is the one resembling the chili pepper.
Can we get a consensus on what food this little guy supposed to be (or does anyone want to add another food, maybe a strawberry)?

To me it doesn't really look food based. Something about it's stomach, half red and half white with a yellow square makes me think that'll be a key part of its design. Though I'm not sure if it's representing anything specifically.

Can we get a consensus on what food this little guy supposed to be (or does anyone want to add another food, maybe a strawberry)?

To me it doesn't really look food based. Something about it's stomach, half red and half white with a yellow square makes me think that'll be a key part of its design. Though I'm not sure if it's representing anything specifically.
He's clearly a croc chili pepper. Color, shape and being a fire type

Very excited for these, and it is rare for me to like all 3 starters! Leaning towards the fire type though, which almost never happens.

H-Zoroark being transferable is very hopeful, I really hope all the H forms and new pokemon are. It is only fair that they get to appear in a full fledged game.

I like the open world concept, but I hope the traditional pokemon battling system is present still, unlike PLA.

Oh, I wasn't expecting Spain. Stills a game based on a north hemisphere country, but it's nice to see some latin culture on the Pokemon world. Would be cooler if it was based on a Latin America country, but I understand why they didn't.

About the game, the starters are amazing but the graphics actually are TERRIBLE. The landscape looks like a GameCube game. Seriously.

Even with bad graphics, I'm excited to play a game with more modern gameplay mechanics and probably trainers and gym leaders. GF will milk my money once again

After letting the designs sit with me for last hour my fave is definitely the fire starter for my love of crocs/gators plus the unique chili pepper theme. The furry in me wants to love the grass starter the most so second fav. I hate ducks so the water starter disgusts me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 7)