Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

"Most likely fake" is my stance on Arakujin.

Way too early for a leak in my opinion. Then again we had Noble Kleavor and shadowed out Ride Pokémon pictures in low quality, which turned out to be true. Most of the time these "leaks" are low quality, probably to avoid Nintendo ninjas, which could explain the shitty angles too and the weird crops.

Based on the previous two Gens news cycles, next batch of informations are either coming early May or early June, unless CoroCoro or some Pokémon variety show reveal something before. This is the biggest information drought period. After that, at least one monthly update is guaranteed, sometimes even two or more. Sun and Moon gave away way too much in hindsight compared to Sword and Shield.

Sun and Moon gave away way too much in hindsight compared to Sword and Shield.
Iirc, SwSh lack of informations (and to some degree, Legend Arceus too) was a direct response to the poor feedback regarding the advertising of SM: lot of people complained that SM gave faaaaar too many infos about the game, without even mentioning that they had the brilliant idea to actually leave the pokedex in the data of the demo meaning every single new pokemon was already known way before the release.

There is a Pokemon named Thunder and another one named Thunders, both introduced in the same gen and arent even related. English words can be pokemon names.
I would point out that this is just a generation I thing, almost undoubtedly they weren't thinking about localizing in different languages at the time. Very few Pokemon after gen I use fully English names, and especially not just basic words like Ghost (Haunter) and Spear (Beedrill). Not saying anything either way on this thing, but it does sound like a fakemon name.

Some rumored or "leaked" gimmicks include move mixing and type-changing.

The first would be way too OP if you can just mix a priority move with a high base powered move. Peak Talonflames everywhere.

The second is fun, but not worth it, if you compare the potential of it to Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, and Dynamax. Imagine Obstagoon changing to Ghost-type against Conkeldurr to avoid getting smacked, but you are not dumb and knew the change will come and just use Knock Off. Also, supposedly there are crystals that corresponds to the type you want to change, so I assume a hold item.

I hope for no gimmick.

Some rumored or "leaked" gimmicks include move mixing and type-changing.

The first would be way too OP if you can just mix a priority move with a high base powered move. Peak Talonflames everywhere.

The second is fun, but not worth it, if you compare the potential of it to Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, and Dynamax. Imagine Obstagoon changing to Ghost-type against Conkeldurr to avoid getting smacked, but you are not dumb and knew the change will come and just use Knock Off. Also, supposedly there are crystals that corresponds to the type you want to change, so I assume a hold item.
These are basically your average fanfic and/or smogon OM stuff.

Rule of thumb: don't trust any supposed "leak" for the next 4 months and consider them all false, save yourself the hassle.
Mostly cause, they likely are. The games arent likely even finished yet, so the chance of a copy getting in the hands of third parties to create leaks is nonexistant.

Seems like it would be pretty disappointing if true. Does not appear to have any minor legends, and my preferred design style (inorganic steel-types) also appears absent.

I assume that last picture is Spider-Man's arm, so I think this "image leak" is using @TheSVGuy's tweets as base.
"Hello everyone! Today, we're talking about the legendaries! They are two bulls. Scarlet bull is a Fire/Ground bull, Violet one is Psychic/Fighting. They are based on ultraviolets and infra-red, and can become invisible thanks to an attack using ultraviolets and infra-red."
"Hello everyone! Today, we're talking about the third legendary of SV. The third legendary is based on a spider that is kind of the same as the two bulls. The team Sail (the evil team of these games) is very related to this legendary. The team sail is a team of conquistadors that thinks that this third legendary is god, and that it created Vadal. They are trying to find it, and thinks that you're also trying to find it, so they'll try to stop you, but your goal is to find the two bulls, not the spider. The logo of team Sail is that. (That spiderweb-ish symbol from the trailer)"

Where it starts to differ is that he specifically mentioned regional forms and typings that are absent from the image. Bronzor line, Vanillite line.

I assume that last picture is Spider-Man's arm, so I think this "image leak" is using @TheSVGuy's tweets as base.
"Hello everyone! Today, we're talking about the legendaries! They are two bulls. Scarlet bull is a Fire/Ground bull, Violet one is Psychic/Fighting. They are based on ultraviolets and infra-red, and can become invisible thanks to an attack using ultraviolets and infra-red."
"Hello everyone! Today, we're talking about the third legendary of SV. The third legendary is based on a spider that is kind of the same as the two bulls. The team Sail (the evil team of these games) is very related to this legendary. The team sail is a team of conquistadors that thinks that this third legendary is god, and that it created Vadal. They are trying to find it, and thinks that you're also trying to find it, so they'll try to stop you, but your goal is to find the two bulls, not the spider. The logo of team Sail is that. (That spiderweb-ish symbol from the trailer)"

Where it starts to differ is that he specifically mentioned regional forms and typings that are absent from the image. Bronzor line, Vanillite line.
Yes and no. SV said this about the Starter final Evos:
This scene in the trailer is also a teaser. If you look at the three paintings on the right, you'll know what the starters evolutions are.

This painting is hinting towards Sprigatito final evolution. It'll be Grass/Fairy and will be based on a flamenco dancer and an Iberian lynx. It will indeed be bipedal, sadly.

This one is hinting towards Fuecoco, which will be based on fruits, more precisely on the Cucafera, a spanish mythological creature using a coconut as a shell, so a crocodile hiding under a giant coconut. It'll be Fire/Ghost, you'll see why later.

This one is for Quaxly. A bit more complicated, but it's based on Don Quixote. In this story, the protagonist pretends to be a knight and fights windmills thinking of facing dragons. Quaxly will be a knight, being Water/Dark.

I don't see any Don Quixote related with Donald Duck.

And many people believe we will have a Spider Legendary based on the Spider Web logo.

Yes and no. SV said this about the Starter final Evos:
This scene in the trailer is also a teaser. If you look at the three paintings on the right, you'll know what the starters evolutions are.

This painting is hinting towards Sprigatito final evolution. It'll be Grass/Fairy and will be based on a flamenco dancer and an Iberian lynx. It will indeed be bipedal, sadly.

This one is hinting towards Fuecoco, which will be based on fruits, more precisely on the Cucafera, a spanish mythological creature using a coconut as a shell, so a crocodile hiding under a giant coconut. It'll be Fire/Ghost, you'll see why later.

This one is for Quaxly. A bit more complicated, but it's based on Don Quixote. In this story, the protagonist pretends to be a knight and fights windmills thinking of facing dragons. Quaxly will be a knight, being Water/Dark.

I don't see any Don Quixote related with Donald Duck.

And many people believe we will have a Spider Legendary based on the Spider Web logo.
Seriously? We just had a Water/Dark and a Fire/Ghost starter. Just for that I'm inclined to believe this is fake.

Seriously? We just had a Water/Dark and a Fire/Ghost starter. Just for that I'm inclined to believe this is fake.
Actually if the riddle is true (I still doubt) I see Fuecoco becoming Fire/Steel while Quaxly being Water/Fighting (hard to think about another type for a Matador). Sprigattito can be either Grad/Fairy or Grass/Dark here.

What the riddle made me understand is how much I would want a Hedgehog Pokemon which is not Shaymin nor Chespin.

Also a Fly seems like something we should've had by now. Same for a Mosquito (outside of Bazzwole).

Someone posted this:
https://i.4cdn.org/vp/1648328504032.jpg
Most likely fake but still
First off, images on 4chan expire after a while from the nature of the site. I know you’ve already posted it in a separate image, but seeing as how a direct link to a 4chan image has happened twice now, for anyone posting content from there in the future, archive your image as you post it with Imgur or Smogon’s own image uploading feature.

Second of all, y’all are giving some random baseless image on 4chan way too much credit even discussing it. Anyone can make a big list like this. I posted a fake list of datamined smash 4 characters with the tiniest dressing of seeming mysterious years ago and a big long thread of people replying ensued. Back in XY pre release days, there was some big long pastebin of species that had people mulling it over for a decent bit. A legitimate leak on 4chan actually worth talking about will either involve either A) profoundly convincing original material a la the gen 7 starter leaks or the LGPE lapras screenshot or B) information dumps that have stuff later proven true in them like the XY Malamar and more leak or the Gen 7 cosmog leak.

I know there might be some younger or less experienced people browsing smogon, so to be clear, 4chan is not some mythical place where leak info drops materialize regularly. It is a big racist shithole where you can post bullshit anonymously without consequences. Treating anything unproven from there is a quick way to make some random shitposter happy that someone is giving their slapdash work any sort of attention. Do not treat leaks like this with the same weight as leaks from someone who’s proven to have more concrete insider information at all. In fact, don’t give them the time of day! At best, screencap it and bookmark it away to see if anything’s legit later.

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I wanna echo what TheMantyke said. These sort of leaks (which we shouldn't even be calling leaks; they are rumours. We can only really call them leaks if by any chance they are confirmed real later on, which is something we won't know until the game comes out. A leak is by definition something official that gets shown to public before its intended release, a rumour is whatever info is not confirmed to be real or fake yet) got popularized after the Chinese Riddler did one for Sun and Moon, but even back then we couldonly give them some sorts of attention because of stuff in the leak matching up with mons that would be revealed sometime after the leak was posted. Something similar also happened in Legends Arceus where some leaks with Voltorb gained traction after Hisui Voltorb was released (Make no mistake though, someone can get these by accident. Sometimes people will just get something by accident, so one mon being confirmed does not mean a rumour with multiple mons is confirmed to be a leak)

Be specially wary of low-quality rumours. Someone brought up TheSVGuy's tweets earlier on this thread, which are nothing more than just twitter posts. Similarly, the image compilation rumours are just that - image compilations. the reason why I can give Arachjin a very slight shred of doubt that it might be real is because an image like that requires time and effort that the average joe couldn't do, you'd need at the very least knowledge on 3D Modeling to make fake models for a fake rumour. Stuff like the image compilations though? Anyone with MS Paint, Google Images and 30 minutes to spare could make a fake rumour with those, much less some random guy on Tweeter who's just spewing out some texts because "My uncle is Pikachu and he told me all of this".

Being a leaker gives people popularity, so obviously people are going to try to fake being one for the sake of some followers for a few months, and when making fake rumours like those two examples is ridiculously low effort, it makes it very easy to just say any bullshit that comes to mind to get attention.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)