Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

overall I like very much the news we got today

as the versions goes past/future theme, do you remember that very old rumours telling about Gen9 having a tradition vs. innovation plot?

Updated SV checklist:
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Checklist 2.png

Color code:
- Green: this Pokemon is present in the SV Pokedex,
- Light Green: this Pokemon is likely to be present in the SV Pokedex.

New confirmations:
- Venonat, Venomoth,
- Shellder, Cloyster,
- Gastly, Haunter, Gengar,
- Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos,
- Qwilfish, Overqwil*,
- Bagon, Shelgon, Salamence,
- Cryogonal,
- Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame,
- Mareanie, Toxapex,
- Fomantis, Lurantis,
- Chewtle, Drednaw,
- Rolycoly, Carkol, Coalossal,

*Qwilfish can be seen on the Pokemon Center screen. It appears to be an actual Pokemon model. I think something like this is a slightly stronger confirmation than a shirt or a statue so I decided to mark it with Light Green for now. I also decided to mark Overqwil even though it is clearly a Johtoan Qwilfish – Persian and Cofagrigus were present in the SwSh Pokedex so it is likely that Overqwil will appear in this one as well. Same for Perrserker.

I also marked Zangoose with Light Green. I believe that counterparts like Seviper/Zangoose, Durant/Heatmor, or Sawk/Throh are much stronger than something like Braviary/Mandibuzz or Turtonator/Drampa, and thus unlikely to ever be separated.

Additionally, Tauros’s head can be seen on a T-shirt but that is a pretty weak confirmation for me (Think Fletchling weathervane and Poliwag T-shirt in base SwSh).

Notably, this is Venonat’s very first appearance in a Regional Pokedex since GSC. It’s cool that GameFreak didn’t forget about him!

I really liked this trailer. New Pokemon are very cute and the Past/Future theme seems interesting.
Pawmi appears to be a regional Pikaclone, given the iconic cheeks. Lechonk may be the “cute early Normal-type” of this region. It has similar vibes to Litleo and Wooloo.

Updated SV checklist:

Color code:
- Green: this Pokemon is present in the SV Pokedex,
- Light Green: this Pokemon is likely to be present in the SV Pokedex.

New confirmations:
- Venonat, Venomoth,
- Shellder, Cloyster,
- Gastly, Haunter, Gengar,
- Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos,
- Qwilfish, Overqwil*,
- Bagon, Shelgon, Salamence,
- Cryogonal,
- Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame,
- Mareanie, Toxapex,
- Fomantis, Lurantis,
- Chewtle, Drednaw,
- Rolycoly, Carkol, Coalossal,

*Qwilfish can be seen on the Pokemon Center screen. It appears to be an actual Pokemon model. I think something like this is a slightly stronger confirmation than a shirt or a statue so I decided to mark it with Light Green for now. I also decided to mark Overqwil even though it is clearly a Johtoan Qwilfish – Persian and Cofagrigus were present in the SwSh Pokedex so it is likely that Overqwil will appear in this one as well. Same for Perrserker.

I also marked Zangoose with Light Green. I believe that counterparts like Seviper/Zangoose, Durant/Heatmor, or Sawk/Throh are much stronger than something like Braviary/Mandibuzz or Turtonator/Drampa, and thus unlikely to ever be separated.

Additionally, Tauros’s head can be seen on a T-shirt but that is a pretty weak confirmation for me (Think Fletchling weathervane and Poliwag T-shirt in base SwSh).

Notably, this is Venonat’s very first appearance in a Regional Pokedex since GSC. It’s cool that GameFreak didn’t forget about him!

I really liked this trailer. New Pokemon are very cute and the Past/Future theme seems interesting.
Pawmi appears to be a regional Pikaclone, given the iconic cheeks. Lechonk may be the “cute early Normal-type” of this region. It has similar vibes to Litleo and Wooloo.
Put a light green on Unown. "Ñ" regional form is coming.

1654100833812.png

i rewatched the trailer and noticed the pokeball only shakes once. that's neat.
I'd not look too much into it yet, as "single shake catch" was also just a critical capture in SwSh, so it may just be that.

Personally I still prefer the triple shake to some degree... but I also liked the way Arceus did, where the amount of shakes had nothing to do with success or failure, but actually shown the catch rate (the more the shakes, the lower the catch rate is), and I wouldn't mind having the Arceus version in the mainline.

Any thoughts on the little clip at the end of the video (where the Poke Ball is flying across the screen with the pulsating, crystalline background)? I didn't notice anything, but I thought it seemed like a random way to end the trailer, so maybe it means something?
I'm guessing its tied to whatever gimmick this game brings to the table. The theory that's been floating around is time travel will be involved in the story and certain gameplay aspects. Stuff like the Professors being time travelers, the legendaries being time machines, the overworld changing etc. Would explain how Hisuian forms show up if we get in-game time travel.

Plus Sada reminds of Ayla from Chrono Trigger.
1654102060343.png
1654102095767.png

I'm guessing its tied to whatever gimmick this game brings to the table. The theory that's been floating around is time travel will be involved in the story and certain gameplay aspects. Stuff like the Professors being time travelers, the legendaries being time machines, the overworld changing etc. Would explain how Hisuian forms show up if we get in-game time travel.

Plus Sada reminds of Ayla from Chrono Trigger.
View attachment 428240View attachment 428241
The Hisui Zoroark we see had that same screenshot specifically used to advertise Home compatability so I think that's the only way we're getting those.

Disliked both legendaries until I saw their artwork, and now I really like the Scarlet one. They looked extremely awkward in-game. Could we not have seen them doing something? Zacian and Zamazenta got to fight a little, Xerneas and Yveltal soared and swooped and paced around in their first trailer. These just... stood there.
I recall Urshifu and Calyrex also just stood there during their first reveal.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Both Legends are pretty cool, but I like Scarlet's way more. It's hard to make electricity not look cool, but Koraidon's feathers are just cooler. I wonder what its secondary typing is though. It'd be shocking if Miraidon wasn't Dragon/Electric or at least part Electric, but Koraidon is much less obvious. It could be pure Dragon, but I want to guess Dragon/Fighting though.

Also, I feel like I'm the only one excited about Toxapex.
It's hard to believe how far has Toby come since his first contributions

It's amazing how someone has gone from making music for a webcomic to making music for a Triple A game.

Would explain how Hisuian forms show up if we get in-game time travel.
The Hisui Zoroark we see had that same screenshot specifically used to advertise Home compatability so I think that's the only way we're getting those.
Besides, we already have a "in lore" explanation for extinct pokemon being revived due to fossils, so even if Hisuian forms were extinct, they could always just use the "btw it got revived by fossils kappa" reasoning.

And a secondary equally viable way would be via whatever mechanic is used to catch the legendaries.. Ultrarifts in USUM and the Tundra Dens (which are basically caused by ultrarifts as well) were both a decent "in lore" reason to explain how pokemon non-native of that place got there.

It could be pure Dragon, but I want to guess Dragon/Fighting though.
I'm pretty sure based on what we knew and now their general look that they are Dragon/Fighting and Dragon/Electric, and I'll assume its also obvious Koraidon is physical while Duraidon is special. This is somewhat relative since they are both big legendaries so his weaker offensive stat could still be something like base 110.

I have been waiting for a true Dragon/Fighting for years. Kommo-o was a bit underwhelming imo, it shined mostly due to in-game mechanics (gen 7 shenanigans and z moves), but idk, i truly want a powerful Dragon/Fighting.

Somehow I can picture much more precisely what Miraidon will be about, even in terms of stat spread, Koraidon tho seems like the type of mon that you could run as a defensive pivot, with or without sr, with access to bulk up, swords dance and all that good shit... I'm more interested in Koraidon, altho design wise I think I preffer Miraidon.

Besides, we already have a "in lore" explanation for extinct pokemon being revived due to fossils, so even if Hisuian forms were extinct, they could always just use the "btw it got revived by fossils kappa" reasoning.
Between things like Ultra Worm Holes and Space Time Distortions means they can handwave things away as "wow these things started popping off from off screen how mysterious)

But I just get "home only" vibes regardless

Toby, Toby, Toby, my dude. Welcome back.

I'm like the biggest cynic of modern pokemon. I haven't actually bought a cartridge since Gen 5 and play exclusively on showdown, yet I'm cautiously optimistic about these games. They're looking more and more like how I always wanted 3D pokemon to be. (Still waiting on them to become MMORPGs, but it's Nintendo so that'll happen when hell freezes over.)

Buuuuuut... assuming the generational gimmick isn't complete ass like Dynamax was, I might actually consider buying S/V. :)

Between things like Ultra Worm Holes and Space Time Distortions means they can handwave things away as "wow these things started popping off from off screen how mysterious)

But I just get "home only" vibes regardless
Which is going to be disappointing when, as usual, HOME compatibility is enabled a cool 4 months after the game comes out.

(Hopefully they add some NPC traders like in Let's GO or Isle of Armor without making us wait for DLC, but I'm not going to hold my breath)

Fossils take millions of years to form. Legends Arceus takes place at most 200 years ago.

You could still extract DNA and clone extinct Pokémon but what you dig up wouldn't be fossils, it would be corpses.

Basically we'd be grave robbers.

Which is going to be disappointing when, as usual, HOME compatibility is enabled a cool 4 months after the game comes out.

(Hopefully they add some NPC traders like in Let's GO or Isle of Armor without making us wait for DLC, but I'm not going to hold my breath)
Space-Time distortions or some other overworld mechanic could also provide regional forms.

man,the game looks terrible right now(graphics wise),billion dollar company still cant give enough time to the developers :blobpensive:.

The new pokemon designs are cool(besides the pikaclone,i hate it)but the names are atrocious,id take a million gen1 names like oolive and piggu over the new reddit big chungus names.

The real deal breaker here are the character designs though,they look great in the art but in game they hit levels of uncanny valley that this franchise has never seen before,specially the cocomelon main characters.

The new art direction worries me a lot but i think its too soon to judge that,and it might be just for this game too.(After all,one of their main worries after the jump to 3D was that all the games will look the same,this artstyle change addresses that so i wont judge until we know the tone of this games story.)

Overall its looking somewhat better that the disaster that was gen 8,hopefully this game is the good pokemon game for the switch that i waited for so long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)