Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Agree with this, the meme names are fine in moderation, when they start naming Pokémon Despacito or w/e just cuz is when I’d take issue.

also

wut if i told u

Lechonk’s Revenge
The first thing I thought when I saw the name was "Ghost Pirate LeChuck's pet", and how could I not love it? Sad some people dislike it because chonk.

Smoliv producing a very bitter oil not suitable for consumption makes sense even tho I love olives, otherwise it'd be nearly extict (or suffer being farmed, not sure what's worse) o.O Edit: And yea, no idea why it's Normal-type flavorwise compared to Sawsbuck.

Also it's nice that Venonat goes back to being on the dex and possibly get something new, but what about my man Arbok? Forever stuck being Jessie's companion from over 20 years ago and getting nothing since Coil. I'll still have to hope.

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
1654123238045.png

Anyone else get the feeling that the rat homie gonna get an evo? I know it ain't usual for the Pikaclones to get them, but Pawman is the first one in a whole ass decade to not be getting any secondary type, its only Electric. Other than that its also just looking real simple even compared to the other recent ratsmans - Togedemaru was way rounder than the usual pikaclones and also a totem, the minion ass lookalike from swsh has a form changing gimmick, meanwhile Pawmie just don't really have that flare going on for it. That and also the fact ya meet this dude at the very start of the game from the looks of it.

Very interested to see where this one goes

View attachment 428270

Anyone else get the feeling that the rat homie gonna get an evo? I know it ain't usual for the Pikaclones to get them, but Pawman is the first one in a whole ass decade to not be getting any secondary type, its only Electric. Other than that its also just looking real simple even compared to the other recent ratsmans - Togedemaru was way rounder than the usual pikaclones and also a totem, the minion ass lookalike from swsh has a form changing gimmick, meanwhile Pawmie just don't really have that flare going on for it. That and also the fact ya meet this dude at the very start of the game from the looks of it.

I'm not completely sold in this being the pikaclone tbh. Looks like the "early route rodent" to me, or to some degree, basically Yamper's equivalent as early game electric type.

I think it's incidental that it's a electric type but I don't think it's actually this gen's pikaclone, also due to how early it got announced. So it's very likely it has an evolution.

Pawmi's name is not a literal transliteration of its japanese name and is thus not a pikaclone

so yes, it's likely to evolve since it's a regular pokemon not a generational mascot

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
View attachment 428270

I want to say it's like Yamper, but the only Electric Pokemon with cheeks like that (so far anyway) are Pika Clones... It definitely looks like something that can evolve, which is something no Pika Clone can do. (unless you count Pichu or Marill, who's not really a Pika Clone.) I could see this guy's gimmick being that it's a Pika Clone that evolves, which is kind of lame but still a first.

(Ninja'd by R_N in less words because I take forever to type.)

I want to say it's like Yamper, but the only Electric Pokemon with cheeks like that (so far anyway) are Pika Clones... It definitely looks like something that can evolve, which is something no Pika Clone can do. (unless you count Pichu or Marill, who's not really a Pika Clone.) I could see this guy's gimmick being that it's a Pika Clone that evolves, which is kind of lame but still a first.

(Ninja'd by R_N in less words because I take forever to type.)
Surely Gorochu at last getting its time to shine COPIUM

I like what I saw. I will be referring to Professor Turo as "Gigachad" and Professor Sada as "Ooga Booba". Out of pocket prediction regarding them: Each game's main antagonist will be the other professor. That would be a cool twist.

The two things that really surprised me are the lack of the region's name reveal and the lack of a new mechanic being shown off; I especially thought the former was a lock. I guess we'll have to wait a while longer.

I think the multiplayer aspect is neat. After BW's entralink and the c-gear passerby features kind of bridging games together, and SWSH's wild area where you could see other people, now you can actually meet up and play the adventure in the same world. I wonder if they'll still have random trainers show up in some way, as they probably wouldn't just have 3 other people show up in your game randomly when connecting to the internet. I guess this could be how you'll use the usual linkup features too, just in the world after connecting like the union room rather than through a menu.

This is very minor but I noticed that the professors introduce themselves with Professor directly in their name and textbox label, which I thought was different and I checked the older game intros to see if it happened before. Another detail in these screenshots is that the diagrams in the background are lower for Turo because he is taller.
1654125583613.png
1654127218251.png

RBY/GSC: "My name is OAK! People call me the POKEMON PROF." (FRLG: "People affectionately refer to me as the POKEMON PROFESSOR".)
HGSS has him say "My name is Professor Oak" though, but LGPE reverts back to FRLG's introduction.
RSE/ORAS: "My name is BIRCH. But everyone calls me the POKEMON PROFESSOR."
DPPT/BDSP: "My name is Rowan. However, everyone just calls me the Pokemon Professor."
BW/BW2: "My name is Professor Juniper. Everyone calls me the Pokemon Professor!"
XY: "I am Augustine Sycamore, the Kalos region's very own Pokemon Professor."
SM/USUM: Kukui doesn't introduce himself in the intro, but he does in gameplay as "The name's Kukui" and even asks to be called Kukui instead of his full title.
SWSH: Rose says "My name is Rose, and it is a pleasure to be here." in the intro. Magnolia says "My name is Magnolia." when you meet her ingame, and random earlygame NPCs do call her the Pokemon Professor.
PLA: "My name is Laventon. I am something of a Pokemon Professor."

Overall, a professor introducing themselves with their name including "Professor" has happened before in Gen 5 (the one time that there are two Professor Junipers) and HGSS, which doesn't really mean anything. However, this is the first time that a professor's full title is included in the text box name label. Through Gen 7 and 8 it was always just "Kukui", "Magnolia", "Rowan", and "Laventon". Based on the school theory, maybe they're more of teaching professors or something more story involved.

Last edited:
Was watching the video again and I noticed something:

You know how in Legends: Arceus, Pokemon actually run up to each other when using contact moves?
When Lechonk used Tackle on Quaxly, it did not seem to do so :(
I had thoughts over the past several months that some overlap would be there, just due to being developed pretty close to each other, but actually seeing the footage today I suspect that a lot of LA's stuff won't be here at all. Probably SV started development earlier and LA a little later, but both forked off SWSH as a starting point so LA acted as a sand box.

Though, at the very least, it seems they're partially keeping the "battle in the spot where you initiate" concept? So that's nice.

e: Or more specifically, I suspect that LA kind of required a lot of different focus going on so they could have more freedom to rebuild systems like that. But SV has to be a more standard game that has a lot more going on around it, so reusing as much from SWSH as possible is a time cutting measure.

Some reactions:
I like the names. They aren't excessively memey to me, and the names would make sense even if you didn't know the meme, so it's fine, and frankly they're a bit adorable.
Toby Fox doing the music is a cool surprise, I'm glad to hear that.
I agree the region name still being unknown is fishy. Not sure what's going on, but there's something they're hiding with that.
Multiplayer is interesting, it's cool they've got the tech working, and opens up a lot more options for them to bring back forgotten battle types like doubles. I won't be doing multiplayer, and if they try to force it the way they did with Max Raids I'll be very annoyed. I play video games to not socialize.
I don't think open world is confirmed, but there's at least a possibility of branching paths and such, which would be a good change, and L:A catching mechanics make that much easier to have work.
I like the Scarlet Professor and Legendary design more, although depending on just what the Future v Past conflict is, I'll probably agree with the Violet Professor's philosophy more.
I'm probably picking Violet purely based on outfit colors, after how hard it was to find something I liked to wear in Ultra Sun. I really wish they weren't going to make clothing dependent on version.
One thing I expect to see in this trailer: What is the non-HM field move system going to be?
I'm calling this as an accurate guess based on the Legendary designs. We don't know what they're going to have us doing before the legends actually show up, but the concept is clear.

I really hope something is different in this game compared to the last one. Maybe the mountable pokemon will have better navigation, especially Braviary, the flight on that guy was horrendous.

I enjoyed PLA, but maybe... I have hope that the look of the game from the trailer to the actual gameplay itself will be so much better.

Not to wishlist, but on another site I saw someone speculated that Lechonk's evo could be a flying pig, and I absolutely love the idea that lechonk could be the regional bird of the generation.
Not sure if anyone else said this before me, but I’d bet money that lechonk is going to evolve into a truffle hog. It’s round, it’s face looks like it’s covered in dirt, and there’s a lot of description about lechonk’s smell and its love for quality ingredients.

My preliminary thoughts on the new Pokemon:
Pawmi - Cute, and might use it on my team if it evolves into something interesting or has some badass effects in battle (or both). But it's going to take a lot for it to surpass the Almighty Morpeko. I'm not holding my breath.
Lechonk - I'm pretty indifferent to the thing itself, but if I were to express my feelings towards all the adoration for its name, it would be 10 hours of histrionics about how Grumpig keeps getting neglected.
Smoliv - Looks like Budew's younger sibling that is overwhelmed by how much it has to live up to. Show me its final evolution and then I'll be able to say whether or not that expression is justified.
Koraidon/Miraidon - Reason number 3 why I'm Team Violet. Somehow, they grafted a Cobalion head onto a Thundurus-Therian body and the end result is awesome. I like Koraidon too, but Miraidon is next level.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
The Multiplayer aspect is not only gonna be great for casuals, but for "content" as well. Imagine all the Nuzlockes, Challenges, Races, and more people can do while sharing one world under one map. I can already hear the future banter going on between friends and rivals in my head.
Aw man you know what's gonna slap something fierce? People taking group photos of their friends with their Pokemon out. You bet your ass stuff like that is gonna be all over social media on release month, and with in-game emotes you can make the shots even spicier.

1654153976977.png

You heard it here first: Professors are going to be the Main villains. It will be something like this: one is feeling that there is too much progress in technology (or socially, but that would already become too political for Mons) nowadays and will summon the legendary Mon to somehow reverse it and make world go back in time. The other thinks that technology (or society ) advances too slowly and will summon the other legend to force progress faster in a bad (its a villain after all) way.

So far liking the many Spanish references and lore present in the game. Hopefully Sprigatito doesn't become bipedal, since it's the coolest starter (though the one that has less Spanish memes material). Maybe it will become similar to the Iberian Lynx, which is the national animal here.

I think someone mentioned Quaxly being associated with wax, and that got me thinking. Wax is most predominately used for candles nowadays, which would lead into justification for not only a Fire/Grass starter based on the chili pepper theming, but now Water/Fire as well. Now all we need is a reason for Sprigatito to evolve into Grass/Water.
What Quaxly is associated with is the conservative party of Spain. Here is the logo:

1654171640586.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)