Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Lechonk - I'm pretty indifferent to the thing itself, but if I were to express my feelings towards all the adoration for its name, it would be 10 hours of histrionics about how Grumpig keeps getting neglected.
Dont' say no to Lechonk. Best case scenario, it becomes an important member of your team and assist you in winning the Pokémon League. Worst case scenario, it evolves into this

Hold on to Lechonk. It's a win-win.

On a little more serious note than my last post, cool to see Grass/Normal as an early type. It spices things up a little more.

Oh another observation: Lechonk's dex entry (yes, I know, madness lies there) would imply to me that it has a shot of evolving into something that has a type interaction with Bug types. Whether it's hostile (like Fire or Rock) or weak to (like Grass or Psychic) I dunno, but the direct mention of Bug types in its dex entry has me thinking.

Last edited:
View attachment 428270

Anyone else get the feeling that the rat homie gonna get an evo? I know it ain't usual for the Pikaclones to get them, but Pawman is the first one in a whole ass decade to not be getting any secondary type, its only Electric. Other than that its also just looking real simple even compared to the other recent ratsmans - Togedemaru was way rounder than the usual pikaclones and also a totem, the minion ass lookalike from swsh has a form changing gimmick, meanwhile Pawmie just don't really have that flare going on for it. That and also the fact ya meet this dude at the very start of the game from the looks of it.

Very interested to see where this one goes
It occurred to me this morning that while "pawmi" could of course just refer to its electric paws, that is also a good name for an electric/fighting type, so I am going to register a guess that somewhere in pawmi's line it gets that type. Not really any evidence for this yet of course, but between the name, a screenshot of it holding up its hands in a way that could resemble a fighting-like stance , and the weak pattern of recent Pikaclones seeming like favorites for getting unique type combos first (dedenne, mimikyu, morpeko), it's at least plausible. :P

Another thing I noticed in the trailers is that the lechonk is female in every language trailer (en, jp, es, fr, kr, cn), though its level varies between 2 and 3. Quaxly was male in every trailer. This could indicate a skew toward a higher ratio of female lechonk, or that they specifically forced the sex for the trailer for some reason but not the level.

Lastly for this post, it's been discussed elsewhere but I don't think it's been brought up in this thread that there is a sunflower or sunflora in the view of the windmill stadium. It'd be a bit disappointing if it's just a regular ol' sunflora, but maybe it'll pull an ursaluna and get an interesting evo.

Last edited:
Just watched the 2nd trailer after a flood of Lechonk memes on my feeds.

To put it bluntly, this looks straight up mid. As long as it's not straight up malpractice like BDSP was, these should be fine tho.

I'm very disappointed if Wild battles got the wack camera back, that should be saved for trainers tbh.

4-Player multiplayer is long overdue and it's really cool.

Arceus was lit, even though it was probably even easier than SwSh, so the more they get out of that, the better.

Nothing to really write home about tho.

Wednesday is my busiest day of the week, but Thursday is my least favorite day of the week. At least I have more free time today.

I like reading through other people’s posts and their thoughts on what we know about the games. Seeing things from the perspectives of other people is great as it also allows me to see details I missed on my own.

First, some replies:
Some Hisuian forms not being available is my guess. Alolan Muk, Raticate, and Golem missed Gen 8 entirely, so I'm hoping for every Hisuian form to be in Gen 9 so they can see some use in a more traditional battle system.
I really hope all Hisuian forms and other new Pokémon from L:A will be available in S/V, even if they are going to be transfer-only. Being able to use Pokémon like Ursaluna, Enamorus and Zoroark-H in a game with a battle system that doesn’t suck is one of many things I really want to do.
DPPHGSS were good, but in hindsight, not polished

BWB2W2 were subsequently very polished

XYORAS were good, but again not that polished

SMUSUM were subsequently very polished

Even though SM were a downgrade in some small ways from XY, the animations were better, the game played more smoothly... the kinks were ironed out. I'm really hoping the same holds true for SV. They've had time to learn and get to grips with the Switch, I'm expecting a far smoother and more competent game this time around.
I agree. I’d also add Gen 1 and 2 to that list (I count the GBC as the third version of the original GB). Gen 2 was definitely more polished than Gen 1, it had considerably less buggy mechanics and better graphics.

But I don't think that a more polished game automatically equals a better game. I like Gen 1 & 6 better than Gen 2 & 7 despite the latter two being more polished. The main reason being that I think Gen 2 & 7 have some pretty big issues with their gameplay compared to Gen 1 & 6.

I am definitely expecting S/V to be more polished than Gen 8, but that does not necessarily mean that they are going to be better games than S/S.
-Draconic Legendaries
-Unova Pokemon making a sizable chunk of Galarian/Hisuian forms
-Swords of Justice and the Forces of Nature showing up in-region in Gen 8.
-Version differences highlighted by past and future.
-Gen 4 wrapping up its remakes.
-James Turner being trusted with more decisions in SwSh.
It makes sense since Unova/Gen 5 is currently very liked within the fandom and it is “next in line” for a revisit. Or will we see a Johto re-remake first?

Personally, I really hope that they never make B/W remakes, especially not in the same style as BD/SP, that would feel terrible… yet I would probably still get them, as the sucker I am. I can think of at least 5 better ways to revisit Unova than remakes, and I really want to post them to get them all out of my head… but I won’t, since it would be too much wishlisting.
To be fair the following pokemon were done pretty well in Armor/Tundra.
Sure there's the issue of some not having the real dimension but really that is more a gameplay limitation than a design problem (then again, there were actual properly scaled Wailords in the sea), but the following animations were cute, watching the actually slow pokemon struggle to catch up was hilarious too.
I disagree. I thought that the following Pokémon were terribly done in the IoA/CT, the only saving grace for me was the fact that you could actually turn it off. Which I did as soon as I learned that you could do it (and how to do it), then I only turned it back on when I had to (to bond with Kubfu and to catch Regice, not sure if there was anything else that you needed it for). I didn’t watch the following animations, and the fact that the following Pokémon struggled to catch up annoyed me to no end. So I stand by what I said in my previous post. If this feature returns, I really hope it is better executed than in the S/S DLC, or that it can be turned off, or both.

I have seen a lot of speculation about the games having a theme of the past and the future. While there is a lot hinting towards that, I’m not convinced that it will be the case. In previous generations, the games and the cover legends have not always had something to do with what their themes might appear to be.
- Dialga and Palkia have little to do with diamonds and pearls, they don’t exactly have a lot to do with time and space either
- Reshiram and Zekrom doesn’t have a lot to do with yin and yang
- Xerneas and Yveltal have nothing to do with genetics or mathematics
- Solgaleo and Lunala have nothing to do with the sun and the moon

I’m not saying that S/V will absolutely not have the past/future as their main theme or at least one of their themes (they might very well have), I just think there’s a possibility that they won’t.
That's an interesting thought BUUUUT I feel the amount of differences between the game to have such a harsh difference would be too big. Unless it's a very small time difference (in which case why even bother?) the areas and people would need to be completely different.
I feel the same way. If they have a past/future theme, it feels unlikely that they would go this far with it. Though I can definitely see some areas being different between the versions, like Opelucid in the Unova games.

On to other things. About Pawmi, I definitely agree that it feels like it will get an evolution. It does not feel fully evolved at all.

As for Ditto being in the games, I think it is a safe bet that it will be. As others pointed out, it is basically necessary because of breeding. I think the only main series games where Ditto didn’t appear at all were R/S. This made it a pain to obtain multiple species of certain Pokémon in those games (notably starters and fossils) since you needed a female of the species in question in order to breed. While Ditto didn’t appear in the regional dexes of D/P/P and B/W, it was still available in those games during the post-game.

Toby Fox will be involved in the music creation for the game, and that’s interesting. I haven’t listened to a lot of his music, I haven’t played Undertail or Deltaruin either, so I am not super familiar with his music. But I know that he made the Battle Tower battle theme for S/S and that tune is a banger, so I hope the music he makes for S/V will be great as well.

Will post even more thoughts tomorrow, I also need to read through all remaining posts in the thread (done with everything up to page 21 so far).

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So can we discuss how Game Freak kinda just fucked themselves in terms of mounts for future Pokemon games? I mean don't get me wrong, Alola's Pokerides were fun and Wyrdeer will always be the pinnacle of triumphant redemptions for a forgotten Pokemon. I'm sure said future games will have some fun ideas too.

But man... The SV protagonists are deadass gonna have mascot legendary motorcycle/hoverbike dragons. Literally how do you even top that? That's unprecedented levels of raw that simply don't exist in this universe.

It's clear to me now. The SV protags participated in an ancient occult ritual: In exchange for their drip, they now get the finest whips the Pokemon world will ever see. Serena and Gloria can prattle on about their designer clothes, they figuratively and literally get left in the dust by the denizens of PokeSpain (for the love of god why are they taking so long to reveal the region name). Heartbreaker Charles is in SHAMBLES.

So can we discuss how Game Freak kinda just fucked themselves in terms of mounts for future Pokemon games? I mean don't get me wrong, Alola's Pokerides were fun and Wyrdeer will always be the pinnacle of triumphant redemptions for a forgotten Pokemon. I'm sure said future games will have some fun ideas too.

But man... The SV protagonists are deadass gonna have mascot legendary motorcycle/hoverbike dragons. Literally how do you even top that? That's unprecedented levels of raw that simply don't exist in this universe.

It's clear to me now. The SV protags participated in an ancient occult ritual: In exchange for their drip, they now get the finest whips the Pokemon world will ever see. Serena and Gloria can prattle on about their designer clothes, they figuratively and literally get left in the dust by the denizens of PokeSpain (for the love of god why are they taking so long to reveal the region name). Heartbreaker Charles is in SHAMBLES.
Brendan and May had legendary jet plane mounts.

View attachment 428378
The protags just needed long pants to not look goofy. I get it because they're in a Mediterranean region and the weather is sunny, but the end result has NPCs like Nemona look cooler than you.
I'll assume it's winter, because if you dare dress like that during vacations (i'd assume from June to August) your next destination would be, 100% asured, the nearest hospital.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Ok but what if
View attachment 428391
come forth blue eyes white dragon
Plenty of people have cracked Yu-Gi-Oh GX jokes but genuinely if there's a rival-type character who gets the opposite mascot there HAS to be a sequence where you race them, even if just as an optional minigame. It would be even better if such a thing was tied to the story, e.g. the main villain is about to do their thing and they've manipulated the rival so you gotta race them to the site of the incoming calamity before they get there first.

Why yes, I did listen to this half a dozen times before writing this post, how could you tell?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
- The region name being revealed (it's overdue at this point, Alola and Kalos had their names revealed in May of their respective debut years)
I legitimately forgot we didn't have the SV region name and just assumed I forgot it
Not going over all the bingo card pre-reveal discussion, though I'm surprised we also still don't know the region's name. Like, I would think with the reveal of the Professors' who research specialty is the lore of the region would have it mentioned then. :blobthinking:

(also reveal new characters too. lack of fanart of protags has been saddening, they a bust, let's get the kino in. My gut is telling me we'll get someone extremely sexy)
And one finger curls on the Mankey's paw...

In other news, seems like Masuda is semi-retiring?
Being I've been one of Masuda's biggest critics on these forums I feel I should give my thoughts on this. And, with all due respect to the man, I think it was about time and think it's a move that'll hopefully have a positive effect on the games & bring him happiness too.

Back when they announced Little Town Hero, which development took place alongside Sword & Shield, when Masuda talked about it I felt he was more excited about it then Sword and Shield. Then when Legends: Arceus was announced it was revealed Masuda decided to not take part in it but rather direct BDSP, and we know how those games turned out. Also combined with how his views have changed (like his remark on how they changed the rival in LGPE to the friendlier Trace from the jerkish Blue because kids don't like having a bully character (ignoring the point of Blue being a jerk is the catharsis players get when they defeat him)), I feel him stepping down from his position as lead director to a more general "Creative Fellow" role that Miyamoto similarly holds at Nintendo was long time coming.

I think Masuda himself has said he has plenty of other game ideas he'd like to do (I believe one he mentioned was a space shooter like Galaga) but his role of lead director of Pokemon takes up most of his time. While he'll obviously still be involved with Pokemon stuff as he'll be working with the Pokemon Company more directly, it just being a creative role for side services and products will give him the satisfaction I think he might not have been feeling for a while with the main series.

Masuda was the main head behind my favorite generation, Gen V, he's not stepping down without having reached great heights. But one must eventually start coming down, and though other creators sometimes find a new high peak to climb up, Masuda feels like he climbed a high as he wanted to and from then on no matter what else he did it would feel like foothills to that past prime peak; at least for the same position he was in, a change in role opens up plenty of new opportunities, new peaks, for him to climb towards to.

So thank you Junichi Masuda, your involvement with the franchise will forever be remembered from the music you made, the games you directed... and some controversies here and there but hey, what great creator hasn't hit a few bumps? Hopefully your new position as the Pokemon Company gives you the happiness and freedom you've been seeking. :bloblul:

actually I now dislike the Scarlet legendary - Koraidon - because honestly I think it could kinda work as the final evolution of Fuecoco and I really dig the design
Not humanoid enough, I mean a Fire Starter which final evo is a giant lizard/dragon, you think that's gonna be popular and sell?

If anyone wants to know the name origin of Lechonk.
So if you think the Fire Pig Starter was too subtle, GF still seems to think pigs want to be eaten. Look forward to other food puns using ham, bacon, pork chops, ribs... wait, this is a Spanish speaking region, um, give me a quick Google search... Freginat, Solomillo, Flamenquín, Cochinillo...

The real question is, what will be the "dexit" of this generation to fuck over people.

I have a lot of vibes of early SwSh where the first trailers were absolutely amazing, and so far I'm on same line, really liking what I'm saying.

Please don't fuck this one up GF...
I was just about to post the "party pooper" song before reading the second sentence, lol. Guess no one here is a...

I set my expectations low, and somehow they managed to make it even worse.

how the fuck did i predict this
And the second finger on the Mankey's paw curls...

Anyway, my biggest takeaway was that I just noticed they're not using cel-shading. It looks weird on the Pokémon, but the humans give me Genius Sonority vibes. (Were they involved with New Snap? Because Rita would look right at home in Battle Revolution.)
New Snap was made by Bandai Namco Studios. Genius Sonority meanwhile has been busy with Pokemon Cafe Mix.

None of the revealed Pokemon have excited me.

There's always one. There has to be.
Ooh sneaky, I've already used all my party pooper songs I know. (Yes, I'll stop now, this joke has run its course, though maybe earl and Total Clefairy deserve one too, eh, just play both of them at the same time and call it a remix)

NOTE: I hope I don't need to say I'm just messing around right? Obviously everyone has their opinion and can see them going back to the older formula but with a slightly different art style after doing Legends: Arceus is gonna rub people the wrong way (like for me I'm annoyed it looks like we're back to the old battle style animations instead of the ones used in Legends: Arceus where the Pokemon actually looked like they were battling each other *SIGH* ).

Yeah, a lot of the Gen I Japanese names are like that. *looks at Eeveelutions and Legendary Birds*

Seems like one school (and legendary) embraces the past, and the other the future
And yet Turo still uses a whiteboard (bonus points for GF adding the erased ink smudges) instead of a digital one. If you're going to have a "future" theme (with a counterpart having a "past" theme) then commit man!

I just think we deserve better as fans, that's all.
I will admit disappointment with the trailer on one count: it didn't have a big vocal song attached to it. Guess I was spoiled by SwSh's second trailer (I think it was second?), which if taken apart also doesn't show that much, but combined with the song made the trailer feel more bigger than it actually was. Now I guess there's still time for that song trailer, SM's didn't come until about a month before its release.

If the legendaries do become mounts, do you think they might appear earlier in the game in some less powerful form or evolution, or are we riding other Pokemon or vehicles in the meanwhile?
Hmm, I mean, I guess this could hint toward them keeping the Ride Pokemon after having them return in Legends: Arceus. If that's the case, I would say they then the Legendaries in their Ride form wouldn't be accessed until later in the game. Like, maybe they could have one or two earlier segments where the Ride Legendaries appear to help the player, but they'd be short, just long enough for the player to get used to them for having to use them for a more important section late game. But honestly at this point its too early to really tell.

With the past/future motif I wonder if the reason they haven't revealed the name is because the region's name is different in each version to represent the past/future. Kind of like Hisui/Sinnoh but on a smaller scale. Could see Opelucid-style retheming of certain areas and stuff if they really want to go in with the theme.
Or, maybe, since we have two professors and seemingly two different starting locations, maybe this is a duel region deal? The Iberian Peninsula has both Spain and Portugal, two well known countries both with their own cultural identities among shared ones. If there was a chance to do a duel region one of these chances would be now. And would explain why they didn't reveal the region's name: It's two regions so there's two names and likely have that set up as a surprise in a future trailer.

Theory: There is no evil gang. The game is about generation conflict with past/future theme. One game you play the past team and argue against the future, and the other is the contrary.
Counter: There are two villain groups! One for each region, though obviously depending on what version you play one would have more presence than the other. A group of Greasers/Dieselpunks in Scarlet version (hence the motorcycle motif of Koraidon) and a group of Cyberpunks in Violet (hence the futuristic cycle motif of Miraidon). I shall call them Team Gear and Team Cyber.

TO be more clear Im not saying we'll LITERALLY be in the past/future of each other, just that maybe in Scarlet the region has a heavier focus on its past, and is named as such, and is presented as a region that celebrates and embraces its past culture. While in Violet it has a focus on the future, taking the region and bringing it forward. Something like that.
And probably have a recurring theme in both that you can't just ignore the past or the future
Option 1: Literally labeled "Pastia/Futuria" Form and "Pastia/Futuria" as the region.
Option 2: There is another, shared name of the region (PRESENTIA) and they go by that
Option 3: There are "Pastia" forms and "Futuria" forms and Pokemon home decides to have 3 entire sections dedicated to it.
Option 4: Difference between the two would just be a prefix. Like Scarlet would be "Arch Spain" while Violet would be "Neo Spain", and while it would be a think in the games to refer them as such; outside the games the region would just be called "Spain".

-Draconic Legendaries
-Unova Pokemon making a sizable chunk of Galarian/Hisuian forms
-Swords of Justice and the Forces of Nature showing up in-region in Gen 8.
-Version differences highlighted by past and future.
-Gen 4 wrapping up its remakes.
-James Turner being trusted with more decisions in SwSh.
UNOVA REMAKES CONFURMED!!1!... Or a "Legends: Kyurem", that'll be acceptable too...

FUTURE ANNOUNCEMENT: GameFreak announces "Let's Go Emolga" and "Let's Go Minccino"!

*Guttural groaning noise*

Don't worry I'm sure the final evolution (a plant woman) will give the extra virgin olive oil to the people
You joke but...

Smoliv reminds me a lot of a certain Digimon
To be fair "head and a limb or two" are pretty much almost what all the In-Training Digimon are (and it's also a shape group in Pokemon).

(I'll comment on page 20+ later... as well as actually give my thoughts on the trailer and new stuff (not that I'm sure I'll have anything new to say)).

Last edited:

"Pawmi/Lechonk/Smoliv is one of the Pokémon used by Nemona, your friend."

Do we get all three starter Pokemon in this game, instead of having to choose only one?
No, it's probably just the scene just before we select them. Even the footage where we fight her only has one of them (the footage keeps swapping the player out for that battle to show the full set) and later footage only shows one or two pokemon.

You joke but...
This is literally why I made the joke. Someone at gamefreak clearly wants a plant gf since at least gen 4

It’s finally Friday! Time to get this done once and for all… or for the time being, at least.

Some more replies:
Koraidon/Miraidon - Reason number 3 why I'm Team Violet. Somehow, they grafted a Cobalion head onto a Thundurus-Therian body and the end result is awesome. I like Koraidon too, but Miraidon is next level.
I also thought about Cobalion when I first saw Miraidon. And now that you mention it, the lower part of its body looks like Thundurus-T. So that's cool. Still unsure about which version to get, but I’m leaning more and more towards Violet…
Or, maybe, since we have two professors and seemingly two different starting locations, maybe this is a duel region deal? The Iberian Peninsula has both Spain and Portugal, two well known countries both with their own cultural identities among shared ones. If there was a chance to do a duel region one of these chances would be now. And would explain why they didn't reveal the region's name: It's two regions so there's two names and likely have that set up as a surprise in a future trailer.
I really like this idea. It would be very cool and different compared to what they have done in the past.
UNOVA REMAKES CONFURMED!!1!... Or a "Legends: Kyurem", that'll be acceptable too...

FUTURE ANNOUNCEMENT: GameFreak announces "Let's Go Emolga" and "Let's Go Minccino"!
Black 3 and White 3 please.

Some thoughts on other things that have been mentioned here:

I doubt we will get all three starter Pokémon, probably just one as usual. I also wonder if Nemona is going to pick one, as that is the standard for rivals. If so, I wonder which one she’ll go with. The one that is strong against yours or the one that is weak against yours? And will there be a second rival/friend who picks the other? Or will it go unused, or to another character like Leon in S/S or Kukui in Gen 7?

I read about Masuda stepping back, and I have mixed thoughts on it. It is hard to know who is behind all the good and bad decisions in recent Pokémon games… and what is considered “good” and “bad” is subjective, for that matter. But I want to think Masuda is better than what people generally give him credit for, and it feels like he gets the blame for too much of the negative things like Worldie pointed out here.

I hope the open world in these games will work well. I am a bit worried since more open games is not exactly something Game Freak has been good at in the past. I think the reason L:A worked was because it was linear, not because it was open world. Or rather because it has the perfect combination of linearity and open world IMO. Which I had hoped that S/V would follow, but I’m not sure because of how they have advertised it. I will admit that I have never played a real open world RPG, so I don't know how they work exactly. But even so, I prefer linear open world games like L:A or Xenoblade 1/2. Still, I am definitely going to give S/V a shot no matter how they handle it.

Judging from one segment in the trailer, it seems like character customization is back and that is excellent.

I wonder which features they will keep from L:A… if any. I hope they will keep all the good things from that game but none of the bad… obviously. Definitely not expecting that to happen though.

I also wonder if the cover legends are going to be Dragon-types. I saw some leaks saying that they were going to be Dragon/Electric and Dragon/Fighting (this was before they were officially revealed) and judging from their designs, that might very well be true. But who knows? I also agree that we don’t really need more Dragon-type cover legends, but looking back now, the last ones we had were in Gen 5 which was 11-12 years ago, so maybe it is time for some new ones?

As others have pointed out, the region name has yet to be revealed. I wonder if this means anything. As for the region itself, I am quite excited! It is rather exotic for me as I have never visited the Iberian Peninsula (despite living in Europe), and the culture, climate and environment there is quite different from where I live (Northern Europe). In comparison, I have been to the U.S., France and the United Kingdom, so Unova, Kalos and Galar did not feel quite as exotic to me.

I am okay with memey names for Pokémon (didn’t even know what “Chonk” meant until now, and I guess "Le Chonk" just makes it even better) even if they are accidental. I think they are way better than uncreative names like Seel, Tauros, Gloom and Ditto.

As for the cover legends being the means of transportation in the games, I’m not sure. I can see it happening (after all, legends have been used for travel before in OR/AS and US/UM) but I am not convinced about it.

Still unsure about which version to get. I have no real preference when it comes to the professors. They are both fine but I don’t prefer either of them over the other. As for the legendaries… both are great, but I think Miraidon is cooler. It might convince me to get Violet, similar to how Palkia, Reshiram, Xerneas, Luna and Zacian convinced me to get (or start with) their cover game in previous generations. But despite that… I’m not sure. One problem is that I have a great idea for what to name my trainer when I play through the game. Said name would go very well along with Scarlet… I actually got the idea thanks to the game name being “Scarlet”. Though I guess there’s nothing stopping me from sticking with that name even if I get Violet. The idea won’t be quite as clever, but whatever! I also like the word “Scarlet” better than “Violet”, and I like Scarlet better as a color. So this will be my hardest decision in a while.

Now I am caught up with everything in this thread, and I think I have posted all of my thoughts about the games so far. Still looking forward to more thoughts from other people though, especially from Pikachu315111.

So, one thing I noticed re-watching the trailer while trying to figure out if Nemona's glove was a sign she's an immigrant from Galar or something*. Opening sequence, the PC trainer does not have gloves on. After the fight with Nemona, when multiplayer is introduced, all players shown have gloves on at all times, until the final trainer montage right before it switches to the Legendaries, where again none of the PC trainers shown have gloves. I can't figure out if it means anything, but it being that consistent seems like it's not coincidence.

*According to Bulbapedia her name is based on a North American plant known as "baby blue eyes", but I'm not sure if that's certain as I don't speak Japanese. The NA origin could say she's probably not native to PokeSpain, especially since blue eyes are 3x as common in England as in Spain(her actual eyes are yellow, which makes the name choice a bit odd). Plus the Galar trainers all used one glove in competition settings.

Also, point for the "Professors will be leading evil teams" theory: There's never been a mainline professor who wasn't named after a plant. Except now we have two professors named after non-plant concepts, and the Rival is an older trainer named after a plant. That seems at least a possibility of having Nemona take the job when the Professor loses it(if, for example, the Professor turns out to be evil).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)