Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Okay guys, take your bets.

View attachment 444063
Tbh even if it's a meme, "removed dynamax / gigantamax" is basically a given, since it looks like the trend is that generational mechanics will be ... generational and no longer something that sticks between games.

don't worry, the new super mechanic will be again designed with only doubles in mind and destructively break any attempt at 6v6 singles

Okay guys, take your bets.

View attachment 444063
D-Max is definitely getting axed. Some leaks I've seen are saying that the new gimmick will basically give Pokemon an alternative STAB attack w/o any of the weaknesses (so something like Hydreigon could hold a Steel Crystal and gain STAB on Flash Cannon, but won't be Steel-type itself).

Breeding is supposedly getting combined w/ the new pokemon amie / camp replacement, so we'll be still be able to get eggs, but prob not the normal way.

"Ranked battles" are supposedly being remove but idk if this applies to PvP as a whole.

Of course this is just speculation, hopefully we get more information soon about this stuff.

"Ranked battles" are supposedly being remove but idk if this applies to PvP as a whole.
This'd be the weirdest and least believable of all leaks, considering ranked battles are used to earn rewards.

Sure they may get away with the "ball rank" (lol) and call it something else, but removing BSS and VGC would literally make no sense at all in a mainline entry.

I have decided to watch this Presents since it will for once air at a convenient time for me. It is Wednesday, but I am free to watch it. I really want some more info about the games. The one thing I want to see is a few new Pokémon. 20 minutes means that there should be something new at least.

Regarding Dynamax, I am definitely expecting it to be removed and replaced with some kind of new super mechanic. I didn't like Dynamax as much as Megas/Z-moves so I won't miss it.

I saw some discussions about the open world nature of the games earlier in this thread. Personally, I hope it won't be full open world, but rather a linear open world like in L:A. I thought that was perfect, it was just the layout I want in a Pokémon game. The open world is otherwise one of my biggest worries about the games for now since it isn't something Game Freak has been good at in the past, I do definitely not want to see them make another Johto-like disaster.

To be fair, Terazing doesn't look remotely as busted as Dynamax or even Z-moves are.

A boost to a single type of attack is nice and all, and type swapping is interesting, but type swapping also comes with a downside of losing stabs.

Es, the trailer had a Water type Gardevoir... and Gardevoir doesnt learn any water type move.

To be fair, Terazing doesn't look remotely as busted as Dynamax or even Z-moves are.

A boost to a single type of attack is nice and all, and type swapping is interesting, but type swapping also comes with a downside of losing stabs.

Es, the trailer had a Water type Gardevoir... and Gardevoir doesnt learn any water type move.
I mean

reading between the lines here, Gardevoir is probably going to get water moves.

Some short thoughts on what was shown in the Presents:
- The first 10 minutes were all about VGC and games I don't play much (Go) or at all (the rest) so I don't really care for it
- Seems like ScaVio will be more like a real open world and not a linear open world, which is a shame. Oh well, I hope they can pull it off regarding level curve/scaling, availability and everything else
- The legendaries are being used as ride Pokémon after all, interesting
- The new super mechanic looks cool in terms of pure visuals, I wonder how it will affect battles in more depth though
- Some new Pokémon, yay! The dog was super adorable
- Also new regional variants and they are not Kanto Pokémon only, excellent

Will post more in-depth thoughts later.

Eve

Bzzt!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
I think this is a list of all the returning Pokemon evo lines shown in the trailer. Compiled by yours truly
azurill
cacnea
chewtle
cubchoo
cufant
deerling
deino
dratini
drifloon
fletchling
girafarig
growlithe
houndour
magikarp
magnemite
makuhita
mareep
meowth
misdreavus
mudbray
murkrow
noibat
pachirisu
petilil
phanpy
pincurchin
pineco
psyduck
scyther
shinx
sinistea
skiddo
slakoth
slowpoke
snorunt
sunkern
tynamo
wingull

also confirmed below:
bagon
eiscue
larvitar
stonjourner

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)