Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

website said:
Mr. Jacq is your homeroom teacher, and he teaches biology. He is very knowledgeable about Pokémon biology and is the developer of the Pokédex app for the Rotom Phone. He has a slightly airheaded side to him, and he sometimes loses himself in his research.
God dammit. After Galar's saturation of Rotom technology, I was hoping they'd stop shoving Rotoms into things.

Rotom labor union when

You will need a Tera Orb to Terastallize a Pokémon
Only select Trainers in the Paldea region are allowed to carry this special item.
Once you Terastallize a Pokémon, your Tera Orb will lose all its Terastal energy, and you won’t be able to use it again until it’s been recharged. You can charge your Tera Orb if you touch crystals overflowing with Terastal energy or go to a Pokémon Center.
I guess that's one way to...."balance" it, in game?

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Man the new mechanic could be the most broken or the most balanced, we need to learn how it even works, if the power bonus is anything near a z-move then is going to be totally busted, and will all Pokémon get access to all possible types? Or will each Pokémon be limited to certain types? How does the type change is going to work anyway, will it replace a type or be the secondary type when possible, or will it become a third type? And how will they balance movepools this time? Will they give everyone access to moves from every type for the mechanic to actually be fully compatible with everyone? It would feel annoying to only get raids for mons that get nothing from the new type after all.
This is so exciting.

I can't stand the fact that Koraidon wheels dont spin. It is so stupid. The worst thing about it is that I'm 100% sure one of the members of GF will be adressed in the future about this, and they will respond something like "yea yea, it is because its specifically based on [insert here something no one cares about] so we thought that it was more REALISTIC for Koraidon to not use the wheels blalblbal". The reaily that truly matters is that Miraidon animation while riding it looks so great while Koraidon is like a being with 2 giant wheels almost touching the ground running on its fours. Why? Like, why??

KaenSoul

FuegoAlma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
The starting area appears to be the little peninsula at the very bottom.

Meanwhile, the natural habitat for Ice-types appears to be placed as far away from there as possible. Maybe even gated behind the climbing ability. Why am I not surprised?
It is a truly open world game (or is being marketed as one, they may still pull off a PLA with a pseudo open world) so it is not that big of a deal this time, we should be able to reach any area after lizard-biking for a few minutes.

Man the new mechanic could be the most broken or the most balanced, we need to learn how it even works, if the power bonus is anything near a z-move then is going to be totally busted, and will all Pokémon get access to all possible types? Or will each Pokémon be limited to certain types? How does the type change is going to work anyway, will it replace a type or be the secondary type when possible, or will it become a third type? And how will they balance movepools this time? Will they give everyone access to moves from every type for the mechanic to actually be fully compatible with everyone? It would feel annoying to only get raids for mons that get nothing from the new type after all.
This is so exciting.
The Mystery Gift early purchase bonus Flying Tera Type Pikachu comes with Fly so my theory is that the way this might work is that "off brand" Tera Type pokemon will come with a move they wouldn't normally get and can only get through the tera type raid. So for example, the Water Tera Gardevoir might come with a water move it only gets through a water tera raid.

I can't stand the fact that Koraidon wheels dont spin. It is so stupid. The worst thing about it is that I'm 100% sure one of the members of GF will be adressed in the future about this, and they will respond something like "yea yea, it is because its specifically based on [insert here something no one cares about] so we thought that it was more REALISTIC for Koraidon to not use the wheels blalblbal". The reaily that truly matters is that Miraidon animation while riding it looks so great while Koraidon is like a being with 2 giant wheels almost touching the ground running on its fours. Why? Like, why??
I'm going to guess they just thought it was funny

like they even specifically point it out

and its true: it is funny[/i]

It looks like it sticks around after switching!
Interesting and unexpected, but that still kinda has same effect: you already know Toxapex is now flying type, so yes, it may have dodged one Earthquake... but it'll have a rock slide or something similar coming next time instead, and it's now no longer walling things it was going to wall as water/psychic.

Changing type is not as op or gamebreaking as people make it to be imo. On top of losing stabs on main attacks.

It was stupid enough that I almost kind of liked it. I guess because Koraidon is based on the past, they decided to just make him not use his tires like the more futuristic Miraidon. It's interesting, at least, I can say that much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)