Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

So:

- A Crystalized attack, will always have STAB. Since the Crystalization process makes the Pokémon match the type of the Crystalization adquired, an Earthquake will always be a STAB EQ with a Crystalized Ground mon.

- If a Crystalized attack not only match the typing of the crystalization (which is always) but also the type or the types of the Pokémon prior to the crystalization process, it'll get an even greater boost.

Now, imagine fighting a +2Nite for it to suddenly become a +2+2 pure ground type monster spamming stab earthquake.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
For those that care these are all the returning fully evolved Pokémon that weren't in Sword and Shield
View attachment 444084
Zangoose would also be a lock, since a lack of Zangoose in Paldea despite their infamous rivalry would be downright jarring.

There used to be spoiler threads for the new games to discuss the leaks and the eventual datamine. Although unusual to get leaks this farvout from release, this trailer confirmed several leaked things, any chance we could get that thread to discuss the credible leaks instead of being directed to discord?
I personally rather not take risks unless the mods wouldn’t mind.

I’m overall impressed by the trailer, and I’m happy that Terastal isn’t going to be as insane as Dynamax before it, and lasting for the rest of the battle means that it can’t be cheesed by stuff like Red Card or other switch-forcing items. We have to see how well this goes in practice though; worse case scenario it’s just a Gen 8 repeat where Terastal got banned as a whole.

- Terastalized pokemon won't miss stab on their original type.
I don't see this anywhere. It specifically says:

"When a Terastallized Pokémon uses a move that matches its Tera Type and at least one of its original types, the boost to that move’s power will be even greater!"

To me, this means that when a Cristalyzed Pokémon uses a move that not only matches it's current crystalized type, but also one of the types it had prior to undergo crystalization, it'll receive an EXTRA boost.

Now, crystalization is only 1 type and this is an "and" type of phrasing. So, if a Dragon Flying Pokémon goes into Flying Type Crystalization and uses Flying Type Attacks, it'll receive stab AND a great boost. But if it does Dragon type attacks, it should get nothing, since it does not match with both crystalization typing and its original typing.

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
Oh shoot, my b then. This completely changes the game (in a both good and bad way).

Most mons will probably just use Terra steel-type since even if they don't get STAB they have a significantly better defensive profile.

Terra Fire Eelektross becomes even more cool since it will have a strong secondary STAB flamethrower and the fire-typing gives it way more resistances. It doesn't have to deal w/ the 4x ground weakness thanks to levitate. HDB gets rid of the SR weakness.

Honestly, I am glad Terra types are being implemented like this. Initially I thought they were kinda lame since they would basically just be a glorified Plate item but I think changing the Pokemon's type will allow this gimmick to be used in pretty creative ways (which is probably why it will be banned lol).
perhaps, but a lot of offensive mons would undoubtly go for terra ground/fire/fighting for steels (not to mention that eq/focus blast/fire coverage are really widely distributed). might lead to interesting metagames that are like camomons/bonus type. will smogon like it? maybe not, but at least it will probably in the oms somewhere

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned deucer.
Game freak literally made a mechanic based on a filler episode from 20 years ago, first mega gyarados, then giant mons and now this.
View attachment 444083
Here's Water Tera Onix.
>Onix is still unconfirmed.

Watch it not even be part of the Dex or any eventual DLC for no reason.

Correct, you have to fish them out of the raids.

I'll bet that DLC will probably add a way to swap them around like how it added max soup
Of course something that convenient would be behind an eventual paywall. What was I thinking?

Tera is suspect-worthy, but clearly not on Dynamax level.
True but there's an enormous red zone in between "suspect worthy" and "dynamax". It's hard to imagine this gimmick not being broken, but it could also be like Z moves where it's possible to just ban individual mons instead of the entire mechanic.

I just don't trust Gamefreak to know enough about their own game to balance it. RIP to all the Showdown personnel who will spend weeks importing hundreds of crystal pokemon sprites only to have it banned immediately after.

I don't see this anywhere. It specifically says:

"When a Terastallized Pokémon uses a move that matches its Tera Type and at least one of its original types, the boost to that move’s power will be even greater!"

To me, this means that when a Cristalyzed Pokémon uses a move that not only matches it's current crystalized type, but also one of the types it had prior to undergo crystalization, it'll receive an EXTRA boost.

Now, crystalization is only 1 type and this is an "and" type of phrasing. So, if a Dragon Flying Pokémon goes into Flying Type Crystalization and uses Flying Type Attacks, it'll receive stab AND a great boost. But if it does Dragon type attacks, it should get nothing, since it does not match with both crystalization typing and its original typing.
So basically is "press this for make your pokemon a monotype with adaptability" kind of thing.

It would be better if there was just a type of cristalyzation that activates the inate Tera type.

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
RIP to all the Showdown personnel who will spend weeks importing hundreds of crystal pokemon sprites
Oh my god this will be impossible. Let’s say there’s a dex of 500, that’s 9,000 sprites

activates the inate Tera type
That’s exactly what Terastillization is, the Tera type is the type it turns into

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)