Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Updated Paldea checklist:
1659637767614.png

Color code:
- Green: this Pokemon is present in the SV Pokedex,
- Dark Green: this Pokemon has a new Regional Form
- Light Green: this Pokemon is likely to be present in the SV Pokedex.

New confirmations:
- Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff,
- Sunkern, Sunflora,
- Sableye,
- Bronzor, Bronzong,
- Scatterbug, Spewpa, Vivillon.

Several new Pokemon were confirmed by a Japanese-only pre-order bonus featuring special Balls.

I wouldn't count Sunflora just yet. AFAIK we only see a sculpture, but it has been the case that Pokémon that are not part of the regional dex are still referenced. For example, Galarian Weezing is part of the main building in PLA but cannot be caught in PLA; there are Chatot/Cherrim t-shirts that you can buy in Alola but you can only get Chatot through Bank; there is a Fletchling weather bane in Galar but it was not until the DLC that Fletchling became available. So a statue is not enough proof that the Pokémon will be in the game.

Sunflora line wasn't confirmed by that potted plant sculpture. Rather, it was confirmed by this pair of stealthy Sunkerns hiding in the trailer:
1659635683363.png

EDIT: I made Kleavor Light Green just like Perrserker. The fact that we were explicitly shown Hisuian Zoroark leads me to believe that at the very least it will be programmed into the game, much like the 35 bonus Pokemon we got in base Sword & Shield. Erring on the side of caution certainly wouldn’t hurt, though.

Last edited:
Umbreon could also be a mon that gets a lot of mileage defensively from Tera types. It’s always had good bulk and a solid move pool, it’s main problem was that dark is only an alright defensive type. With steel type it could be a massive pain to deal with on stall

It's probably just me being pessimistic, but I'd put Kleavor on light green, not normal. Like by all counts it should be here, considering this would be the first opportunity to actually use the new LA pokemon in a "real" game, but until I actually see it happen I'd lump it with Perrserker
Perrserker's inclusion depends on Galarian Meowth's inclusion, since Legends shows that regional forms can be left out even if the base for is in(and vice-versa, which results in Oshawott and Dewott being availble to be put into Legends but not Unovan Samurott, who is stuck in Home still). Kleavor, however, is a full fledged cross-gen evolution, being a split evolution added later on like Slowking and Gallade, and no-one would doubt those being in if Slowpoke and Ralts are confirmed in a game. All they have over Kleavor is that they've been around longer. It would be the same deal with Wyrdeer and Ursaluna, who are also full-fledged cross-gen evolutions like the ones in Gen II and Gen IV(plus Sylveon)

Perrserker's inclusion depends on Galarian Meowth's inclusion, since Legends shows that regional forms can be left out even if the base for is in(and vice-versa, which results in Oshawott and Dewott being availble to be put into Legends but not Unovan Samurott, who is stuck in Home still). Kleavor, however, is a full fledged cross-gen evolution, being a split evolution added later on like Slowking and Gallade, and no-one would doubt those being in if Slowpoke and Ralts are confirmed in a game. All they have over Kleavor is that they've been around longer. It would be the same deal with Wyrdeer and Ursaluna, who are also full-fledged cross-gen evolutions like the ones in Gen II and Gen IV(plus Sylveon)
And certainly I have more hope for them because they seem "normal" but also they can easily just go "It's specifically the Hisuian region that causes them to evolve, with their other conditions" and leave it at that.

All their descriptions go out of their way to talk about how the Hisui environment affected their evolution as if offering an "explanation" to why they dont show up elsewhere, in the same way the regional forms (try to) do. So I'm not leaving it off the table here, unlike previous cross-gen evolutions.

Ok so I'm not entirely sure if this was by design or just a happy accident but I'm really digging how the Paldea dex is using a lot of Pokemon that haven't been in a regional dex outside of their homeland. Donphan, Slaking, Cacturne, Luxray, Sawsbuck, Gogoat, all of these have been gone for years, totally unseen outside of their origin games with the exception of postgame activities.
Very very likely intentionally.
Plus, I assume (and looks pretty reasonable) that they also are going to include any pokemon still missing on Switch games in base pre-dlc SV, and this also happen to include a ton of pokemon that had very low regional pokedex representation.

It's probably just me being pessimistic, but I'd put Kleavor on light green, not normal. Like by all counts it should be here, considering this would be the first opportunity to actually use the new LA pokemon in a "real" game, but until I actually see it happen I'd lump it with Perrserker
Personally since they even used Hisuian Zoroark as one of the very first promotional materials for SV, I am quite optimistic that every regional form and new evolution present in LA will be in SV.
And yes, that does include the genies with the joy of everyone who wants Lando-T available fight away.
Would be glad to be proven wrong on this one though

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned deucer.
Umbreon could also be a mon that gets a lot of mileage defensively from Tera types. It’s always had good bulk and a solid move pool, it’s main problem was that dark is only an alright defensive type. With steel type it could be a massive pain to deal with on stall
Its main problem is that it exists in a meta filled with offensive Fairy, Steel, Fighting, Poison and Bug monsters that it can't do much to threaten on top of the fact one of said Faries just does its job better in Clefable whom has far more options. Becoming Steel isn't going to fix that its only status condition option is Toxic, meanwhile stuff like Blissey can also Toxic or go Thunder Wave. As discussed by others, it seems this mechanic is really going to mainly benefit monsters that are already good.

As discussed by others, it seems this mechanic is really going to mainly benefit monsters that are already good.
Yep, unfortunately I don't think there's a way out of it in general as far as pokemon goes.

If you make a mechanic accessible to every pokemon, it becomes a win-more mechanic for already good pokemon. Occasional outliers are possible but it's rare cases and in general it just makes already strong pokemon stronger.

And if you make the mechanic for only a limited amount of pokemon (like Megas), well... sure it'll make some better, but it won't really do anything to help the other 850 that are left out.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned deucer.
And if you make the mechanic for only a limited amount of pokemon (like Megas), well... sure it'll make some better, but it won't really do anything to help the other 850 that are left out.
That's more of a distribution and design problem than anything. Of course stuff like Gengar, Salamence and Rayquaza that are already on the stronger side would benefit from it but it doesn't change the fact things like Pinsir, Kangaskhan, Charizard and Diancie become more noteworthy. Audino is a good example of how NOT to handle a mechanic like that.

It also doesn't help that Pokemon has an extremely inconsistent power gap and far more limited skillset distribution, lack of resource systems to its gameplay to make room for unique monsters, a lopsided elemental chart and other things that more balanced monster collectors don't put up with but that's going off topic.
image_2022-08-04_140616623.png

Last edited:
Its main problem is that it exists in a meta filled with offensive Fairy, Steel, Fighting, Poison and Bug monsters that it can't do much to threaten on top of the fact one of said Faries just does its job better in Clefable whom has far more options. Becoming Steel isn't going to fix that its only status condition option is Toxic, meanwhile stuff like Blissey can also Toxic or go Thunder Wave. As discussed by others, it seems this mechanic is really going to mainly benefit monsters that are already good.
Umbreon has significantly better bulk than clefable, and has some unique options over it like taunt, foul play, and yawn. Twave is not what makes those Pokémon good, it’s the combination of good bulk and typing.

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon (steel): 146-174 (37 - 44.1%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 178-211 (45.1 - 53.5%) -- 39.5% chance to 2HKO

This thing can just eat hits, 95/110/130 bulk is way better than 95/90/90

plus umbreon can still learn calm mind, so it can invest into its physical bulk pretty easily too. It’s such a flexible stat spread

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned deucer.
Umbreon has significantly better bulk than clefable, and has some unique options over it like taunt, foul play, and yawn. Twave is not what makes those Pokémon good, it’s the combination of good bulk and typing.
Which is why being mono-Fairy is monumentally better than being mono-Dark. Taunt generally only matters when you can outspeed things to lock them in, hence why you would normally see it on Pranksters and apparently all the those monsters don't even run it that much in SWSH meta. Foul Play is like its only good Dark move, so of course it's gonna run that since it doesn't even get Knock Off, something Clefable actually learns. No one runs Yawn cuz it's easy to get around.

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon (steel): 146-174 (37 - 44.1%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Clefable: 178-211 (45.1 - 53.5%) -- 39.5% chance to 2HKO
And Blissey eats all of it up even better and can still do a bunch of the same stuff Umbreon wants to as well.

plus umbreon can still learn calm mind, so it can invest into its physical bulk pretty easily too. It’s such a flexible stat spread
Calm Mind Clefable has been a consitently top tier metagame moveset for years and people still use it.

You can argue with me all you want but the results speak for themselves and the results say Clefable is better.

I can be very wrong, but although the Tera-mechanic isn't very impressive, it seems way more balanced than Megas, Z-moves or D-max.

IMO, all of those previous gimmicks were very unbalanced, but Tera-Forms seems to be very situational. You can say that Z-moves are also situational, but they constantly swinged some matches due their nuke power.
I rather like it being a lot more balanced and subdued... although I have seen some people thinking it may get quickly banned if there isn't an item restriction (and there is 0 indication that there is) since one of the many things you can do is "give a single Pokemon Adaptability with the only drawback being it becomes Mono-type".

Whether I like Tera is pretty much entirely going to depend on whether there's a teambuilding cost to using it (like an item).

I always buy the first version of each set of games but Koraidon having wheels and running around on legs anyway may just put me off to that for the first time in the series.

I'm not a huge fan of the look of the environments and the open world elements. But hey, they're gonna keep trying to make it happen, one of these days it'll stick.

Max raids were actually kinda fun so I'm glad they're actually keeping and improving it instead of chucking it. My traditional complaints about Dexit/Frontier stuff stem from the fact that GF isn't willing to just build on something anymore so this is a step in the right direction.

I'm gonna invoke the Vanilluxe rule on Fidough: food pokemon, particularly prepared/processed food, are weird.

speaking of Terastillizing....

:magnezone:
this pokemon may go crazy depending if any of the 18 types will be accesible on any pokemon, it can become an Ice type to catch ground pokemon off-hand, or Fire, Fighting or Ground, to completely abuse Magnet Pull. this is a scary possibility, though. specially if an actual universal move is added that matches the Tera type of the pokemon, meaning they all get atleast 1 STAB move.

:dhelmise:
even if it isnt in the game, its a funny possibility if it is, but...
Anchor Shot + Steelworker + Steel typing. with actually really high attack, and if it completely replaces both typings, this could give dhelmise a niche in low tiers.

:toxtricity:
no comment on this one. like dhelmise it isnt confirmed, but just the possibility of Normal tera type + punk rock + boomburst.

:maractus: / literally any chlorophyll sweeper ex :venusaur:
i honestly forgot this wasnt in the trailer with cacturne lol. wouldnt be surprised if it was in the game, just not in trailer, but the main thing is, chlorophyll + fire typing and weather ball.

overall, its a really cool gimmick and i love it, and will love discussing it with other people.

RoiDadadou

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded.
is a Pre-Contributor
Whether I like Tera is pretty much entirely going to depend on whether there's a teambuilding cost to using it (like an item).

I always buy the first version of each set of games but Koraidon having wheels and running around on legs anyway may just put me off to that for the first time in the series.

I'm not a huge fan of the look of the environments and the open world elements. But hey, they're gonna keep trying to make it happen, one of these days it'll stick.

Max raids were actually kinda fun so I'm glad they're actually keeping and improving it instead of chucking it. My traditional complaints about Dexit/Frontier stuff stem from the fact that GF isn't willing to just build on something anymore so this is a step in the right direction.

I'm gonna invoke the Vanilluxe rule on Fidough: food pokemon, particularly prepared/processed food, are weird.
No, Vani is cool. This caky doggy thing belongs to the bottom of hell.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

They... They did it! They made the Elite Four actually cool and relevant to the setting! They're not just faceless do-nothings locked to the last rooms of the game! They have setup! After 9 fucking generations, they did it!!!

They made an E4... THAT'S NOT SHIT!!!!!!

IT'S NOOOOOOOOOT SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
the comments all talk about how these dont line up for various reasons

Tera whatever is going to be bullshit. Is it confirmed that it only makes you mono type or is it still possible the leaks about triple types are true? In any case it boosts the chosen type AND gives you STAB right? So it's like a super Z move. I can't wait to use things like Psychic Volcarona, Iron Head Steel Dragonite, Aqua Tail Water Garchomp, Poison Jab Weavile, and so on. Counters are dead, long live max speed hyper offense!

From the info we have, it seems like each Pokemon has its own type associated with it like Hidden Power but with the new type change mechanic. You can choose 1 Pokemon per battle to Teralize, but because the Tera Type is just there for all your Pokemon, it is more optimal to have the correct Tera Type for your Pokemon since there is no reason not. Like if you have an Avalugg+Blissey Core, you almost always want to Teralize Avalugg into Steel, Poison, or Ghost, but there is no reason not to have Fairy or Ghost on Blissey in case you make a mistake or your opponent has mostly Special Attackers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)