Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
I like the fire bros but their sig moves feel kinda like they're on the wrong mon. Armarogue is described as having stalwart defenses, but has the move that lower said defenses. Meanwhile Ceruledge is fast and all about getting up in there, but has a draining attack which historically are not strong damage wise and won't help it much on a fast and frail guy. Don't know if it was intentional on GF's part or not, but it is only a slight disappointment for such killer designs.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
By the way, one thing that stuck me about Geeta.

Geeta.png

She's the chairwoman of the Paldea League, but it notes that she's the strongest of the strongest among the Paldea Champions.

I wonder if this means she's functionally gonna fulfill the traditional Champion role of "final boss" you face at the end of the Gym Challenge to earn the title of Champion in this game, in the vein of the likes of Lance/Steven/Cynthia/Alder/Iris/Diantha/Leon. Like Paldea seems to have multiple Champions, and Champion in this region is an honorary title that is held permanently, but Geeta may be that final boss you have to beat to complete the Gym Challenge once and for all here.

By the way, one thing that stuck me about Geeta.

View attachment 452031

She's the chairwoman of the Paldea League, but it notes that she's the strongest of the strongest among the Paldea Champions.

I wonder if this means she's functionally gonna fulfill the traditional Champion role of "final boss" you face at the end of the Gym Challenge to earn the title of Champion in this game, in the vein of the likes of Lance/Steven/Cynthia/Alder/Iris/Diantha/Leon. Like Paldea seems to have multiple Champions, and Champion in this region is an honorary title that is held permanently, but Geeta may be that final boss you have to beat to complete the Gym Challenge once and for all here.
If Pokemon were less orthodox on structure, I'd consider you might win a tournament to become a Champion akin to the usual Anime structure or some versions of Galar, and then she'd be a Steven/Cynthia style Superboss you take on post-game. Beating the game makes you Champ, but not necessarily the strongest Champion yet.

I don't think theres any difference between this region and past regions. Once you get the Champion tittle once, you've effectively been the champion of the region. Another completely different thing is to say that you are the current champion. When I read "among the region's Champions", what I understand is that several people have reached at one point or another the tittle of Champion.

So that makes her the actual, current champion of the region.

pokemon fans when they see a humanoid creature with sword arms
Well some Pokemon fans think of 2 other things that I can’t mention because this is a family friendly forum without adult rated or anti-semitic posts.
but anyways I ask since they are both knights, which Gardevoir and Gallade are also based on. The Scarlet one having a cannon and the Violet one having swords.

I can’t be the only one who thought Klauf was going to be rock/electric, right? It has the pikachu cheeks, and I assumed that the hair was iron filings a la alolan golem

I'll post more elaborate thoughts later but:
  • Brassica is the name of the genus of plant that Cabbages are in. The grass gym leader is the Cabbage Man.
  • Depending on stat distributions the two new Net Navis Fire-types could be pretty good Fire Terastallizers. Odds good enough to bet on that are they're going to do the whole "One is slow & bulky, the other is fast & frail" counterpart thing and you can guess which is which. Which also means Ceruledge is likely to work out better than Armarouge.
  • Klawf is based even if it is going to be Klawful.
  • Multiple Champions means we'll probably see our first Rival become Champion outside if Kanto games. Neat!
  • Penny is probably involved in the Team Star storyline.

RoiDadadou

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded.
is a Pre-Contributor
I like the fire bros but their sig moves feel kinda like they're on the wrong mon. Armarogue is described as having stalwart defenses, but has the move that lower said defenses. Meanwhile Ceruledge is fast and all about getting up in there, but has a draining attack which historically are not strong damage wise and won't help it much on a fast and frail guy. Don't know if it was intentional on GF's part or not, but it is only a slight disappointment for such killer designs.
It's intelligent design-wise tho. He uses his armor as a weapon to attack, so feels legit that he's more fragile afterwards. And, call it a big shot, but I really think that the Blade signature move is going to be 100< BP, stingy as hell.

the engine mon... its probably steel poison, right?

a steel poison with levitate would be interesting. Poison loses its weakness to psychic and ground, and steel loses its weakness to ground and fighting. Ultimately, a poison steel with levitate has 1 weakness: fire, and a ton of resistances. Looks great.
Its most likely not going to have levitate.

Ceruledge clears every other design shown so far. That's all I got for now sorry. Fire/Ghost bros keep winning
I like it but I actually prefer Armarouge. Ceruledge's deisgn is too edgy for me. Literally and figuratively.

Last edited:
I like Klawf's design, but Rock-typing just ain't it for me. At least its ability is cool since it will be a mini Shell Smash at lower HP, kinda like Minior.

Armarouge and Ceruledge are two really cool mons that seem like they'd be version exclusive legendaries. That being said, considering their themes, they seem like they've been introduced a generation too late? Wouldn't be surprised if they were in the planning stages for SwSh but scrapped from those games. I like that we have another Fire / Psychic type since its been a while since that type was last used, but I'm definitely gonna be picking Violet now since Ceruledge is way cooler imo.

Also it would be a crime if Magmortar doesn't also get Armor Cannon since its got those Cannon arms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)