Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Oh so like hidden power then
Well Hidden Power was better since you could use more than one Hidden Power user and didn’t compromise your other STABs or defensive utility for coverage. Tera Blast could have been fine if it changed type without Terastallizing with low BP or had high BP while needing to Terastallize. Now you get the worst of both scenarios where Tera Blast is only useful on Pokemon who have that bad of a movepool.

So based on the Drifloon’s damage with Icy Wind and Grass Tera Blast, it looks like Tera Blast should be 60 BP, maybe even less.
It did more than x2 the damage to Klawf, but with STAB and being Super Effective.
So it looks like Tera Blast is going to be an underwhelming move and only see use on very niche sets.
Yeah that is what they got too, +- 5/10 base power as a margin of error. Someone also pointed out that a Ghost TTar using a 60 base power Tera Blast could comfortably OHKO Gallade in the example shown at the Worlds trailer too, so it does seem very likely.

Imo that base power is a bit lower than what I was anticipating but isn't completely unexpected. Still, it is a strike against the "instaban" crowd, imo, since it isn't something that can be relied on to lure and take out most defensive checks.

Most people in here: Farigiraf is cool, let's discuss its abilities!

Me: Girafarig in LC.

Seriously, though, I don't know how many people in this thread play little cup, but depending on the available dex, Griafarig could be a total menace. Or quickly banned. That second one seems likely.
Hard to believe Girafarig and Stantler aren't both going to be immediately banned from LC. Basculin and qwilfish too. It's just another scyther case.

Anyway, with terablast most likely being a dud in competitive, tera pokemon will now have a common sense limit of only using tera types that they can get stab on, and focused on decent moves most likely. This might make tera easier to play around with, as it is similar to z moves without the nukeability. Attackers changing to mono type tera for the extreme boost still sounds like the most dangerous use of the mechanic to me

So based on the Drifloon’s damage with Icy Wind and Grass Tera Blast, it looks like Tera Blast should be 60 BP, maybe even less.
It did more than x2 the damage to Klawf, but with STAB and being Super Effective.
So it looks like Tera Blast is going to be an underwhelming move and only see use on very niche sets.
Unless The damage is capped on Titans if it reaches low red so it can run away

Anyway, with terablast most likely being a dud in competitive, tera pokemon will now have a common sense limit of only using tera types that they can get stab on, and focused on decent moves most likely. This might make tera easier to play around with, as it is similar to z moves without the nukeability. Attackers changing to mono type tera for the extreme boost still sounds like the most dangerous use of the mechanic to me
I could see niche cases of walls changing to a better defensive type happening. Since normal Wooper was in the trailer, Quagsire likely will be in the game too. Mono-type Quag might be an even better wall in some cases. Of course, that may only be a thing on stall teams.

I could see niche cases of walls changing to a better defensive type happening. Since normal Wooper was in the trailer, Quagsire likely will be in the game too. Mono-type Quag might be an even better wall in some cases. Of course, that may only be a thing on stall teams.
Sorta, you always have to consider the opportunity cost.

Sure changing "Quagsire" to <insert type> may let it wall a certain pokemon... but is it really better than just teralyzing your Weavile to Dark or Ice and firing basically Z moves on every attack of that stab? Pure stall teams are pretty rare and (if the supposed nerfs to defensive moves other than Rest are true), they'll become even less reliable.

I made a post about what I think all the OU mons and what they would use for Terastallizing, and more often I found was that most Pokemon would use both. Such as Volcanion becoming Ground for Earthpower STAB while working well defensively. Since you can only use one user on a team, you should maximize its usage.
Sorta, you always have to consider the opportunity cost.

Sure changing "Quagsire" to <insert type> may let it wall a certain pokemon... but is it really better than just teralyzing your Weavile to Dark or Ice and firing basically Z moves on every attack of that stab? Pure stall teams are pretty rare and (if the supposed nerfs to defensive moves other than Rest are true), they'll become even less reliable.
Barraskewda would be a better example. It’s already monetype, typically uses Choice Band, and is on a timer with Rain. Weavile loses one of its STABs to give the other a x1.3333 boost (assuming Super STAB is like Adaptability).

Updated Paldea checklist:

Color code:
- Green: this Pokemon is present in the Paldea Pokedex,
- Dark Green: this Pokemon has a new Regional Form
- Light Green: this Pokemon is likely to be present in the Paldea Pokedex.

New confirmations:
- Grimer, Muk,
- Numel, Camerupt,
- Litleo, Pyroar,
- Rookidee, Corvisquire, Corviknight,
- Toxel, Toxtricity,
- Snom, Frosmoth.

Notably, a Johtoan Wooper could also be seen in the trailer which suggests that it and Johtoan Quagsire can be obtained during normal gameplay.

Farigiraf is amazing – I really love the idea behind its design! I am also pretty happy that they are making regular evolutions again. Also, its existence greatly increases the chance that Kleavor and Ursaluna are present in the Paldea Pokedex.

EDIT: Added the Numel line.
Wait where was the Numel line in the trailers? or is it website exclusive similar to the Bronzor line?

At first I wanted to check out Farigiraf's HP but I ended up checking out the other language trailer variants as well in this post and going over trailer stuff and the other sites again.

Looking into other trailers, at first I was pretty disappointed because most of the other ones are just the English one with subtitles. Now you can see three different languages in one screenshot.
1665097472607.png

At the least the Korean channel actually uploaded their own unique version.
Apparently the Chinese trailers have a Japanese dub and Chinese dub, but both footage seems to be the same. The Simplified Chinese trailer is actually slightly different though even though it has the same Japanese dub.
(JP dub)
(Chinese dub)
(Simplified Chinese)

We did not really see Farigiraf do a lot, but we got a sight of its level and HP in the raid portion, being level 33 with 122 HP.
1665098279628.png

Sableye has 70 HP at level 30 which means there is probably no EV or IV contribution at all.
Drifblim has 142 HP. For some reason its cheer segment did not show its level unlike the other ones, but this also matches up to an uninvested level 33 mon. The Japanese version does confirm that it is level 33 though.
1665097130992.png
1665097163598.png

At level 33 with 122 HP and no investment, this aligns with Farigiraf probably having a base HP stat of 120 assuming it is uninvested like its allies (EDIT: and if not it serves as a maximum). Notably the Japanese version doesn't show Farigiraf's HP or level either, but the Korean trailer shows all pokemon's levels and HP in this segment.

The raid went differently in other ways.
1665096949346.png
1665096992286.png

Florian and Juliana are the same while the other 2 trainers have native language names, as well as having a slightly different profile picture on ENG Juliana.
1665096941034.png
1665097028857.png
1665097058088.png

In JP Chansey is actually seen using Sing and inflicting sleep on Sableye before it can even move, so there's a POV of having a sleep turn.

SC does not start with Sableye's POV, instead with a Drifblim who falls asleep and gets Shadow Balled.
1665098786142.png
1665098838546.png

Chansey is shown using Light Screen here.

1665098064150.png

Here you can see Chansey's damage is already visible in the battle preview before the move has animated and attacked it. I think it's good that everyone is kind of in their own 1v1 battle since SWSH raids were kind of luck based around who would get targeted.
1665100038109.png

Japanese, Korean, and Chinese Farigiraf actually take the time to finish Chansey off with Tera Blast in an uncut shot, while English cuts to it using Psybeam probably because it didn't kill. As an aside the timer stops while the final kill is animating probably because it's already calculated.

There is no language marker on this Jigglypuff in the Korean version.
1665097744341.png

1665097725495.png

1665097732787.png

1665097772140.png

Something interesting here is that this screen shows the old style 5 digit trainer IDs even though we've seen the 6 digit ones on the trainer cards.
For some reason the English trailer cuts past scrolling on the Fire Fang TM while the others don't.
1665097951878.png

1665098585744.png
1665098603726.png

Simplified Chinese is the only trailer to show effectiveness against Lechonk in the first battle.

Incidentally I hope you get punished by a Rock move for turning into a Flying/Bug/Fire type against Sudowoodo.
I hope they bring the funny eye choices like the flames back from SWSH too if they're going all in on the customization, and the menu looks pretty long there so I'm looking forward to it.

Looking on the Japanese/Chinese website, apparently they have the shiny Eternatus event here too.
1665100140916.png

1665100237744.png

Japanese and English share the same visible spread of TMs here, showing off TM85 as Rest...

1665100256130.png

but both Chinese images show off a bit more of the TM spread. New ones not seen in the video or other sites include TM21, 41, 49, and 90.
TM21 is depicted as a Bug move Dunsparce learns. Apparently it only learns Skitter Smack in the main games, but this image does not look like its SWSH animation, so maybe it's a new move or an old one that Dunsparce was given anew. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to share.
TM41 is a Psychic move being used by Medicham but I'm not sure if it matches to an existing animation or could just be a new one. Maybe Calm Mind if they're going for something in natural learnsets.
TM49 looks like Sunny Day for sure.
TM90 is cut off but looks like Spikes are falling from the air, which would fit for being a ground move.
1665100836481.png

As for the others, I agree TM130 looks like Helping Hand. We've seen TM02 as Charm from the trailer. TM05 looks like Mud Bomb to me. TM07 is probably Protect, and 8/9/10 are the elemental fangs. TM12 might be Low Kick since it's shown being used against the heavy Hariyama. TM15 is Struggle Bug, TM16 might be Psybeam though it hasn't really been a teachable move in the past. TM19 looks like Disarming Voice. TM27 is Aerial Ace. TM31 looks like Metal Claw. TM32 is likely Swift. TM34 is Icy Wind. TM40 looks like it could be Air Cutter, though I wouldn't associate Staraptor with it personally.

As for the Korean website:
1665101309914.png

It showed TM90 as basically being Spikes and in better resolution, so that's cool.

1665101504253.png

Also looking at this sandwich menu, it seems like there's a Recipe Mode (bottom right) and Creative Mode (top left) that you can toggle, probably to make a custom sandwich or follow a recipe which shows up as a [Your Name] Original. That scroll bar looks pretty small so I wonder if all these fillings will be held items again like in SWSH and what food will be suggested to be added to Showdown next.

1665102056133.png
1665102079668.png

The Korean sandwich was pretty lopsided but cut to a different one.
1665102126190.png

The Simplified Chinese sandwich was pretty plain in comparison.
1665102171014.png

Traditional Chinese showed a bit of cucumber stacking.
1665102206807.png

Japanese showed a big tomato piece slipping off.

Last edited:
We did not really see Farigiraf do a lot, but we got a sight of its level and HP in the raid portion, being level 33 with 122 HP.
View attachment 457340
Sableye has 70 HP at level 30 which means there is probably no EV or IV contribution at all.
Drifblim has 142 HP. For some reason its cheer segment did not show its level unlike the other ones, but this also matches up to an uninvested level 33 mon. The Japanese version does confirm that it is level 33 though.
View attachment 457330View attachment 457331
At level 33 with 122 HP and no investment, this aligns with Farigiraf probably having a base HP stat of 120 assuming it is uninvested like its allies. Notably the Japanese version doesn't show Farigiraf's HP or level either, but the Korean trailer shows all pokemon's levels and HP in this segment.
That would be +50 to HP if true... I feel like that would mean some stats get shuffled from one to another during the Evolution. Maybe less speed then?

The new TM crafting is nice. I dislike one-use TMs like in older gens, but getting Bulldoze+Rock Tomb on every physical attacker on your team by town ~3 is just bland. Making it "Find 1 copy in the wild, then gather ingredients for other copies" seems like it will keep TMs usable but not spammable.

The face/hair customization we've seen looks good. I'm still not happy with mandatory outfits otherwise, tho.

Farigiraf is a nice design, and I like them helping out another mon that really needed the help.

They specifically mentioned Lechonk sniffing out food. There's definitely another odd generation Mushroom pokemon coming. Presumably truffle-based.

On that note, Lechonk used Echoed Voice, which is odd. It's not unusual that it learns the move, the TM is common, but learning it by level-up is not. I wonder if they're specifically concealing whatever Lechonk will actually be using for STAB at that level, which...why? I doubt there's a new signature available that early. Something is weird here.
-If we have to craft TMs, we had better get infinite bag space. I do not want to hand over my life Pokesavings to Bagin's descendent just so I can lug a ton of crap around. (We are totally going to have to hand over our life Pokesavings to Bagin's descendent ;_; )

-I wish the overview had shown one of the trainers doing something for one quest-line and then going off to do something in one of the other two, instead of switching trainers to showcase it. So far we don't know officially if we can switch between the 3 stories freely, or have to commit to one before doing the others.
I'm sure we have infinite bag space, it'd be so odd to eliminate that from mainline games when it hasn't been an issue in like 15 years.

My money is on that the stories are going to be "Locations 1-8 are gym locations, <^> are Star locations, A-E are treasure locations. Show up at any of those locations in any order for the next stage of that story." AC<12B will be perfectly possible. Mostly because making each storyline independent of the other two is easier that making them exclusive in an open world. If they were going to have the stories occur at the same spot, then you could run into trigger issues, but that would be a terrible idea for exactly that reason.

That would be +50 to HP if true... I feel like that would mean some stats get shuffled from one to another during the Evolution. Maybe less speed then?
Gamefreak when they want to give a bunch of boosts to stats but dont want to give more than +60 BST: speed stat? I think you mean the slow stat

e:
Seriously tho
Obstagoon? Slower
Mr Rime? Slower (comically more noticeable now because Mr Mime G was faster than normal)
Wyrdeer? Slower
Kleavor? Slower (i mean yes okay the line is weird and its actually faster than scizor but you get it)
Ursaluna? Slower
Basculegion? Slower

Cursola, Runerigus & Overqwil are, stunningly, despite the odds....the same speed.
....Corsola G was made slower than Corsola to begin with, though.

Sneasler is faster than Sneasle! It's slower than Weavile.
Perrserker is faster than Galarian Meowth but that means less coming from the base 40 speed version of Meowth. Same with Sirfetch'd (faster! but farfetch'd g was also slower)

Last edited:
Gamefreak when they want to give a bunch of boosts to stats but dont want to give more than +60 BST: speed stat? I think you mean the slow stat

e:
Seriously tho
Obstagoon? Slower
Mr Rime? Slower (comically more noticeable now because Mr Mime G was faster than normal)
Wyrdeer? Slower
Kleavor? Slower (i mean yes okay the line is weird and its actually faster than scizor but you get it)
Ursaluna? Slower
Basculegion? Slower

Cursola, Runerigus & Overqwil are, stunningly, despite the odds....the same speed.

Perrserker is faster than Galarian Meowth but that means less coming from the base 40 speed version of Meowth. Same with Sirfetch'd (faster! but farfetch'd g was also slower)
To be fair, they at least make sense
Obstagoon is blocking.
Mr Rime is fatter than Mr. Mime.
Wydeer has a heavier coat with the beard and all.
Kleavor uses more primative tools for cutting and is rock.
Ursaluna is also way fatter than Uraring.
Basculegion is supposed to be swimming against currents (tbh idk that’s just what I thought of first).

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I keep misreading Farigiraf as Feraligatr or part of Grafaiai for some reason.

e:
Seriously tho
Obstagoon? Slower
Wyrdeer? Slower
Ursaluna? Slower
Basculegion? Slower

I'm hoping they make Farigiraf faster for the sake of making it different than Wyrdeer because it'd suck if they made a new Pokemon that's pretty much a worse version of an older one. (I know Wyrdeer isn't much older, but that's not the point.) Maybe they could nerf one of Girafarig's Attack stats instead.

I don't think we're ready for Tera-Normal Toxtricity's Boomburst.

Toxtricity-Normal @ Choice Specs
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Boomburst
- Snarl / Sludge Wave
- Overdrive / Sludge Wave
- Volt Switch
252+ SpA Choice Specs Punk Rock Toxtricity Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 342-403 (47.8 - 56.4%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO
Woah, that’s powerful. But I raise you a Ghost Tera Blissey.
Toxtricity Boomburst vs. Blissey: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- possibly the worst move ever

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
I'm both extremely scared and intrigued of what the menu description for the "ham" ingredient will end up being :worrywhirl:
I like how Digimon, despite being seen as edgier than Pokémon, has a more kid friendly way to handle the meat situation.
meat farm.png

I wonder how many more food related minigames will be needed for people to finally accept humans in the Pokémon world sometimes eat Pokémon, there are even references on the dex and side media like the anime. I don't like the concept, but that's the way it is.

Just don't feed Lechonk with a ham sandwich, that's fucked up, cannibalism is too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 4)