Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Maybe the English ones just including the inevitable day 1 patch?
Maybe the 7 GB was just a gross approximation as they didn't quite know exactly how big it was, just that it would be between 6-7 (thus people would know to put aside at least 7 GB until more exact numbers were available).

Though I suppose we could always pull up a joke. So here's my top 5:

1. GF accidentally left in the National Dex.

2. Since Terastallize Pokemon don't grow in size they didn't need the extra space that Dynamax Pokemon needed.

3. They just had IGN rate their file size - 6.3, too much sandwiches.

4. 6.3 and 7 is the download range, which of course for you is always on the lower end.

5. They didn't remove anything, they just remembered Iwata's lesson on file compression.

Maybe the English ones just including the inevitable day 1 patch?
How big of a deal is this, espicially since the disparity is so low (compared to other games anyways)?
Not very much, I just wanted to point it out as being probably a more accurate figure this close to release and I feel like the English site will update at some point. It's noticeably lower than the 10 GB estimate from June at least, which is what base SWSH was around, though comparing to recent games SV falls closer to Arceus's 6.1 GB for what it's worth. As for the day 1 patch, it's a reasonable possibility to take into account. I don't know if it would be counted at this point but I don't expect them to go the BDSP route with it and leave a lot of content to be downloaded.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Have I been tricked, backstabbed and quite possibly bamboozled? I thought Guardian Signs was the one (nearly) everyone agreed was good.
I like all the Pokemon Ranger games... though I'll admit I kind of get Guardian Signs and Shadows of Almia mixed up (which one has Murph getting tricked by a grunt telling him there's a flying pizza behind him letting the grunts run away? I vote that one the best).

I like all the Pokemon Ranger games... though I'll admit I kind of get Guardian Signs and Shadows of Almia mixed up (which one has Murph getting tricked by a grunt telling him there's a flying pizza behind him letting the grunts run away? I vote that one the best).
That... that happens? Can someone find a screenshot?
The one I remember as the somewhat-unanimous "good one" is the one where they pass off a Wailmer as a budget edition Wailord with better handling.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
1667672002490.png
We got a back angle of the chest and the counter is up to 199 now. The other angles still show the same empty chest.

EDIT (6:33 PM EDT):
1667687606970.png
About half an hour ago the site updated with the counter at 359 and coins being visible in the chest.

EDIT 2: (10:08 PM EDT)
The Pokemon account tweets another update at 7:00 PM PT and 519 coins (using a coin emoji). More coins are visible.
1667700566619.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)