Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
1667917440875.png

It seems like the Charizard will have set moves, mark, and ability, and can only be catchable once, so it's like an event where you have to catch it yourself while it's not normally encounterable.

The black crystals are said to be postgame, but others can join people hosting them.
"You’ll be able to take on Tera Raid Battles at black crystals after completing certain postgame events. However, players who haven’t completed these events may still participate in these Tera Raid Battles by joining another Trainer’s Tera Raid Battle, whether they’re in a multiplayer group or using a Link Code. "

1667917466824.png

As mentioned, marks are back, and this one is specifically for a 7-star raid boss. You can see that the Charizard is level 100 as well. Number of marks obtained may be an interesting stat to track though it's a dash in the screenshot.
1667917740812.png

The boss Charizard is also standing menacingly instead of flying idly.
XY Giving Charizard 2 Mega: My favorite Pokemon getting special treatment, awesome!
SM Making Charizard The Flying Ride: Oh, a bit odd they randomly chose Charizard, but hey I finally get to ride one even if it's only a cutscene. so neat!
SwSh Giving Leon A Charizard & Gigantamax: ... Oh, this is beginning to feel a bit gratuitous, even to a Charizard fan.
SV Unrivaled Charizard: SILLY FOOLS! Did you really think you could escape CHARIZARD PANDERING! Also, you had this Charizard underneath a BLACK Tera Crystal Raid, and you didn't make it Shiny?! I expect high quality Silph Co. branded pandering GF, not this Thrifty Megamart discount pandering!

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/news/tera_raid_events/
I missed this page at first but it's more directly about tera raid events.
1667918460478.png
1667918464328.png

Event tera raid crystals will have a mysterious aura.

The first Tera Raid Battle event—the Eevee Spotlight—will take place from Thursday, November 24, to Sunday, November 27, 2022.

During this event, Eevee will be appearing more frequently in Tera Raid Battles, and they will have various Tera Types. Team up with family, friends, and Trainers around the world to see what kind of Eevee you can find, or try to get one with your preferred Tera Type!
The first event will be about Eevee with different tera types.
1667918501110.png
1667918503711.png
1667918506625.png

Is my internet just bad right now or is anyone else getting weird image placeholder messages like this? (in multiple places on the official site)
The pages are working fine for me.

The first event will be about Eevee with different tera types.
1667918501110.png
1667918503711.png
1667918506625.png
It's odd that the Grass crown is pictured and not the Electric crown. I assume from the wording that it's not going to just be Grass, Fire, and Water, but I would have thought if they were gonna promote it with a series of three screenshots they would have done a callback to the original three Eeveelutions. I guess they want to hold off on revealing the Electric crown, for some reason? (I don't think we've seen the Electric crown, right? Am I forgetting something?) It's weird that they're being stingy with the crown reveals at all. They introduced the mechanic with Grass, Fire, Water, Normal, and Flying, and since then I think they've only ever showed Ghost and now Dragon.

It didn't fall off, it looked to have gotten armor around it. Though, much like Miraidon, this Future Donphan doesn't look to be natural. If these Pokemon are form the future or some kind of technologically advanced place, they either are building/adding cybernetics to Pokemon or we have a "Horizon" (video game series) scenario where Pokemon have adapted the leftover technology to be a part of them.
Oh gosh, this reminded me of speculation I saw on Official Nintendo Magazine forums over a decade ago that Reshiram and Zekrom were the same Pokémon from different points in time.

Also, the fact that they made a point of saying that Cyclizar is common, and they keep showing multiple players with Koraidon and Miraidon in the trailers, makes me wonder if the legendaries aren't diegetically one-of-a-kind. Maybe they're like Solgaleo and Lunala in that respect.

Eh, it would be expected that it would be a transfer-only Pokemon.
After all, Scizor itself is a trade evo, they could make it evolve with a different held item but at that point..
It was expected if you thought Kleavor, Wyrdeer and Ursaluna would be treated as regional evolutions despite their methods translating fairly easily

If you thought that was stupid it was pretty reasonable to think that Black Augurite, Peat Block and "use psyshield bash a bunch - styles" would just be available and let you evolve them.

It was expected if you thought Kleavor, Wyrdeer and Ursaluna would be treated as regional evolutions despite their methods translating fairly easily

If you thought that was stupid it was pretty reasonable to think that Black Augurite, Peat Block and "use psyshield bash a bunch - styles" would just be available and let you evolve them.
You know me enough that despite being somewhat of a GF Apologist, I don't expect any logic in their decisions when it comes to implementations/transferability, so I'd rather expect it to be a transfer only and be surprised it isn't, than expect they do the logic thing and implement the evolution item instead.

After all, several years later, Meltal is still unable to be evolved outside of Go, and you don't have a legitimate way to acquire several Alolan forms in SwSh outside of a single ingame gift and home transfers, despite all of them being somewhat easy to translate in new evolution methods or location based ones.

You know me enough that despite being somewhat of a GF Apologist, I don't expect any logic in their decisions when it comes to implementations/transferability, so I'd rather expect it to be a transfer only and be surprised it isn't, than expect they do the logic thing and implement the evolution item instead.

After all, several years later, Meltal is still unable to be evolved outside of Go, and you don't have a legitimate way to acquire several Alolan forms in SwSh outside of a single ingame gift and home transfers, despite all of them being somewhat easy to translate in new evolution methods or location based ones.
I'm aware, but your thought process was clearly not applied to everyone, so

According to the site, this Charizard is a time exclusive event and the only Charizard catchable in the entire Paldea, so yay?
"Time exclusive" in pokemon term actually means "will be temporary available until DLCs/3rd version launch and then everyone can have it".

See: Gigamax Pikachu / Eevee / Meowth.
I'm aware, but your thought process was clearly not applied to everyone, so
That's ok, I don't mind disagreeing with, but to me it seems way more likely that they leave them as transfer only.

Though the point I give you and to AztecCroc is that for certain Hisuian forms, like say, Zorua/Zoroark which is already confirmed, will possibly have regular evolutions

Last edited:
"Time exclusive" in pokemon term actually means "will be temporary available until DLCs/3rd version launch and then everyone can have it".

See: Gigamax Pikachu / Eevee / Meowth.
Oh, I know. It's still bullshit artificial scarcity even if it's only temporary.

p08_03_en-2x.jpg

Does somebody knows what this weird flower means?

Last edited:
you don't have a legitimate way to acquire several Alolan forms in SwSh outside of a single ingame gift and home transfers, despite all of them being somewhat easy to translate in new evolution methods or location based ones.
What are you talking about? The only Alolan forms you can't breed for are Marowak, Raichu, and Exeggutor and there are ways of getting more of them:
  • Alolan Marowak and Raichu can found in Dynamax Adventures.
  • Alolan Marowak and Exeggutor can obtained by trading Regina on the Isle of Armor their regular forms.
This results in Exeggutor being the most annoying to get, but you can still get more of all three, even if it's a bit tedious.

Not a huge fan of Donphan-future's eyes being part of a display. It works better for Miraidon since as the player's companion for the whole adventure, it fits thematically to have components that are good at producing human-readable expressions. With Donphan appearing as a mysterious monster first and foremost, it feels out of place compared to having actual sensors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)