Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
I've not been keeping up so what's the deal with the big cloudy crater mountain thing in the middle of Paldea? Assuming it's plot-relevant; what's there, what does it do, what's its function?

Tbh, I've read so little in the way of leaks I'm not sure what the actual plot of the game *is*, so if anyone can provide a summary that'd be great actually. Cheers.

The official site added a Trainer's Guide. It goes over a lot of features briefly. I learned that the sandwich minigame can be played in multiplayer and confirmed that you can donate eggs to the school.

I've not been keeping up so what's the deal with the big cloudy crater mountain thing in the middle of Paldea? Assuming it's plot-relevant; what's there, what does it do, what's its function?

Tbh, I've read so little in the way of leaks I'm not sure what the actual plot of the game *is*, so if anyone can provide a summary that'd be great actually. Cheers.
Its whole deal is heavily rooted to the endgame story events (and will probably be expanded on in DLC) so the story thread might be better off for an answer in detail since it's actually relatively serious compared to the rest of the game and where it all comes together. Aside from that, the three main routes are mostly self contained and pretty much just involve you going to each map objective to fight and/or talk to the characters there to learn more about their backstory and problems.

Nearly every Pokémon in the franchise has been featured on the Switch at this point (literally all including Home) so Dexit still being a thing is bizarre to me. It's very likely just to pad dlc with content, I can't explain it otherwise.

In addition no level scaling is such a common sense quality of life feature that sorely missed. The game is open world yes, but gym leaders cap in the 40s so either you do them in order or you hit a big gym leader then fight increasingly weak lower level leaders. It's so weird, like it plays like it's open world but still forces you to do things in order. I didn't know the bug gym was the first, so now I have to backtrack to squish a few baby Pokémon. It feels like work and isn't fun when simple common sense solutions could have made the whole thing fun.

Glitches haven't been an issue for me. Frame rate is hilariously bad but it's not like anyone bought this game for 60 fps walk cycles. In addition lots of content has been cut. Clothing options are basically gone, set style battles are cut, battle visuals are forced on, catching mechanics from LA are sorely missed, and even building interiors are completely gone.

I genuinely think Gamefreak got lucky with Pokémon exploding they way it did in the 90s. No other games they made are even worth mentioning so they kept the formula exactly the same for 20 years. Only now they finally have the balls to make changes and it seems like for every step forward there's two big steps back. Also why is there still no difficulty option?? Oh and maybe not make singer / vtuber characters if you aren't going to have voice acting? Edit: I just found the rapper gym leader lmao why does Gamefreak do this.

I definitely have been enjoying SV (much more than SwSh) but it feels like so much potential was lost due to Gamefreak's apparent inability to make 3d games and the cheapness / rushed feel of the games that are basically a franchise staple at thing point.

Last edited:
Nearly every Pokémon in the franchise has been featured on the Switch at this point (literally all including Home) so Dexit still being a thing is bizarre to me. It's very likely just to pad dlc with content, I can't explain it otherwise.
Same as the reason they gave before: more time for quality animations. The sins that Dky Battles have inflicted on the franchise have been destroyed, some pokemon have multiple battle stances, and some pokemon can even swim in the water. Having thr same care put into over a 1000 pokemon each entry+ whatever new mons and forms they add in is a logistical nightmare.

Heres a spoiler free overview of just some of the nees stuff

Same as the reason they gave before: more time for quality animations. The sins that Dky Battles have inflicted on the franchise have been destroyed, some pokemon have multiple battle stances, and some pokemon can even swim in the water. Having thr same care put into over a 1000 pokemon each entry+ whatever new mons and forms they add in is a logistical nightmare.

Heres a spoiler free overview of just some of the nees stuff

No one is saying each Pokémon needs more "love and care" (though SV framerate certainly could), just that these models and animations already exist and work just fine. Cutting finished and fuctional models from the game feels at best lazy, at worst a manipulative way to sell DLC.

Whatever additional animations and updates are added to the surviving Pokémon in SV are unnoticeable. Cutting already functional Pokémon is just another bad design choice. SV could have reversed Dexit and added some basic level scaling and it probably would have been received as the best Pokémon game of all time. I guarantee no one would care about bugs or frame rate drops if Gamefreak just made some common sense decisions for once.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Did you even read my post? I wasn't talking about the anime.

I'm talking about the concept behind what Leon represented. Leon was presented as "strongest Champion ever". Period. True? False? Doesn't matter. Leon was shown to us as essentially a mirror of the player, the never-defeated trainer (the whole Charmander thing is anime exlcusive, not saying it didn't happen but there's quite a difference between losing a battle when you're a kid and never losing a battle when you became a dedicate pro).

Now, let's say they make future Champions all "the strongest Champion ever". Well, that just completely undermines Leon's purpose, possibly his entire identity. It also then creates a power creep problem where, now that each Champion has to trump the previous, why should we care about the current Champion's strength reputation when we know next gen there is going to be a Champion even stronger? And this isn't like DBZ where you have to care about the current villain cause, even though next arcs is gonna be stronger, the current one is still trying to kill everyone. No, this is a Pokemon battling competition, the stakes are a title and that's it.
You sound like a jerk, don’t go to that level with me again or I will level the playing field and sink to your level for just enough time to post a scathing reply… Got it?
Good!

Now onto your post,

You mentioned
”Leon was introduced to us as the GREATEST Champion of all time. Undefeatable. A hero to all the people in Galar. He's essentially what the player character is but as an NPC. And when Rose is arrested and the player takes the Champion title, Leon becomes the Galar League Chairman. Cool, interesting idea, execution is questionable but Leon is pretty genuine in his role.

And now we've moved onto the next gen and have been introduced to the next Champion: Geeta. Alright... so... is she supposed to be the strongest trainer ever now? Yeah, you see the problem now, when you introduced the GREATEST Champion of all time, any other Champion you now introduce is gonna need to stand out in another way ASIDE from being a good trainer. And Geeta's twist is that... she's the chairman of the Paldea League... so she's really no different from Leon in that regard aside she's at the moment holding both positions (though with how involved Leon was with the League and how close he was to Rose you could say Leon was always just one step away from being the Chairman).”

The answer is simple, he is no longer Champion, so cannot be the “GREATEST”, Bc even though he may have been “of all time”, that is never guaranteed Bc “all time” should read as “so far”, otherwise the current player of SW/SH would never be able to defeat him and become the new champion, surpassing him.

That also does not negate my own point; that Greeta may have received her champion title somewhere between he earns his title but before he loses it- which mean Leon was the best at the time of the game saying so, but clearly not the best by the time the player wins the game and takes that title of champion (and simultaneously “all time”) away from him. Bc “All time” means past, present, and future.

Just like Red is considered the best trainer ever when Gen 1 concludes, but then by Gen 2, Gold defeats him in Mt. Silver as the true boss, even better than Lance. So suddenly, Red doesnt feel so powerful after you win against his level 80 Pikachu.

My point is not wrong; the game‘s use of “all-time” is, Bc the very person they tell it to (the player) ends up becoming “greater” than Leon by the game’s end. Seemingly, so can Greeta.

All time is used as if it means past, present, and future in the real world, but in Pokémon it just means past, and present, so it should be taken as “so far”.

Therefore, in Pokemon, any future generation’s Champion is not prevented in becoming Greater than Leon, just Bc of the titles given to Leon, Bc as the game ends, so ends his undefeated winning streak, his title, and his “greatest of all time” reputation.

Last edited:

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Late to the discussion, but I think the thing to note with Leon is that his title and how he was portrayed as "the strongest Champion ever" specifically was made with respect to Galar's culture, especially in its League. In no situation should a character being described as "the strongest Champion ever" with respect to their region ever be taken to the literal wording, because it's impossible for anyone to literally be the most powerful Trainer in the world.

Galar's Pokemon League has a massive rooting in sports culture and is treated as public entertainment like how IRL you have sports being broadcasted as live entertainment on TV and in stadiums and whatnot. The Gym Challenge is held yearly and is treated as a big sporting event. The Gyms are massive stadiums with audiences and it's implied that Gym Battles are broadcasted on television as well. Every year they also have a big Champion Cup tournament in Wyndon for Gym Challengers to compete to earn the right to face the reigning Champion, who in SwSh itself is Leon. Which, mind you, also is a big public event. Battles in the Gym Challenge are basically a big sport, and fans across all of Galar treat it as such.

Leon being portrayed in-game as "the greatest Champion ever" is basically propaganda that comes with this kind of entertainment business. Yes, at his core, he is a guy who went on a journey when he was 10, became Champion, and has had an undefeated streak ever since, he's the real deal and a mirror of the player character. But him being glorified is basically tied to the Galar League being sports entertainment, and a title to prop him up and make him look "awesome" to the general public. Basically, a way to give Leon celebrity status. You know how in sports; the best and most skilled players often get propped up and given fancy titles and are made famous and end up with lots of fans? Yeah, that's Leon in a nutshell. He's propped up as a celebrity because battling is a sport in Galar, and he's basically famous and has a massive fanbase because of that and how he's the "top player" amongst Galar's battlers. You can see how he has a cape with so many company logos on it and how he goes around putting on a show for people, and how his battles are always portrayed as a big spectacle and how he puts on a public front for everyone to align with his title as the "strongest, undefeated Champion".

A lot of Leon's character in SwSh delves into how he feels about the weight of carrying the burden of that title. That he's never lost, that he has a reputation as a celebrity that hinges on that and how strong he is, and how living up to those expectations imposed by other people has really caused a great deal of stress on him and has also given him worry that he's reached his full potential. Most of his depictions even outside of the games (like the anime) also play on this. He's propped up as a great unbeatable Champion for purposes that tie with respect to the Galar League being rooted in sports culture, which helps make defeating him feel more awesome and a great feat, yes. But it also concludes Leon's character arc in that he learns he can lose again, that he can still get stronger, and that yes, there are still people who are even stronger than him. And it relieves him of those expectations, which is why he's happier when he loses his Champion position. Because he's free of having to live up to the expectations of others as a celebrity, and he becomes League Chairman afterwards where he lives not for a public image to maintain, but for his own dreams and ambitions of helping Galar's Trainers grow even stronger together. That's really what his character was all about. His title and shilling were tied to the culture that Galar had, and his character revolved around how he dealt with and felt about his public persona vs what he really wanted to live for.

--

I went on a tangent about Leon, but point being, this isn't really comparable to Geeta from my understanding. I haven't played SV yet, but Paldea's Pokemon League from what little I've heard and seen seems to have a fundamentally different approach from Galar. In Paldea, the League seems to be more of a professional business as opposed to a big sports entertainment. Instead of being like publicly broadcasted sports, the Gym Challenge and League. The Gyms are more like job interviews or business opportunities as opposed to a big event for sports purposes. You know how a professional business/company has a general hierarchy and employees are in various positions of power? Yeah, that seems to be how the Paldea League is organized. Like a big company that is a business, and Gym Leaders and the E4 and whatnot are employees of the company. And the academy in Paldea seems to be more akin to a college than K-12 school, which also works here as the Gym Challenge taking in people from the academy as potential "hires" for positions amongst Paldea's Champions.

Geeta being portrayed as the "strongest Champion in Paldea" ties into that sort of vibe with the fact that she's specifically also the chairwoman of the League here. In that since the Paldea League is more like a professional business, she's a figure of authority in that she's the owner of said business, the head of the company, the CEO, the top person in the business hierarchy. And her being the strongest Trainer in the Paldea League is enforcing that. Enforcing her as a person in a position of authority, at the top of the business. She runs the business, and she's the strongest battler amongst all the members of the "company" hence why she is at the top of the hierarchy as the one who runs and oversees everything that happens in the business. And also why she's basically the final boss/test for Gym Challengers who go through the League to earn the right to the title of Champion. Unlike Galar where there is one reigning Champion and Leon is ultimately dethroned and a new person becomes the big star of the show, in this case you're basically climbing to the top of the tower of a business conglomerate, because in Paldea the title of Champion is an honorary title you hold permanently a la Top Coordinator in the anime. And you win that title by proving yourself worthy to the head of the business, the chairwoman, Geeta, who is the one who runs the Paldea League and reinforces it by being the best Trainer amongst the lot. You defeat her, you've earned the right to the title of Champion and a high position in the hierarchy as a member of the Champion Rank in the Paldea League. So in that sense, she's more of a "she's the CEO of the business, you win the position you're aiming for in this business by proving yourself worthy to said CEO".

I rambled a lot here, but TL;DR There's really not an issue with "power creep" when it comes to portraying a Champion as the "strongest Champion ever" when you consider the different contexts in SwSh and SV, and the title isn't something you can take literally and more something you have to think about with respect to the different contexts. Galar has its League deeply rooted in sports entertainment culture, the whole thing is a big public entertainment event that has big stadiums with audiences and is broadcasted across Galar, Gym Challengers and Gym Leaders are all "players" of the sport and Leon is basically a celebrity akin to iconic sports players who is propped up for his talent and then gains a massive fanbase and celebrity status surrounding his "undefeated streak" to prop him up as a public figure and give him a glorified public image. Paldea treats its League more like a business, and Geeta being propped up as the "strongest Trainer of them all" is tied to her being the chairwoman in this case in that it enforces her authority and power as the head and owner of the League, the person who runs and oversees the business, and her position isn't to be a celebrity like Leon, but rather as someone who's "in charge", so Gym Challengers aiming for the position of Champion Rank in the League have to prove their worth by defeating her, because she's the strongest Trainer in the business, ie the person at the top of the hierarchy, and with how Champion title is treated in Paldea it's effectively you earn the position amongst others by proving yourself to the chairwoman/CEO of the business that you are worthy of the position. It's not an issue of who's stronger, Geeta doesn't need to necessarily be "stronger" than Leon, and neither of them being described as the strongest in their respective regions should be taken at the literal sense, but rather with respect to the League cultures in Galar and Paldea and how their positions in said cultures are being enforced.

I've been noticing that this time the press hasn't been kind at all to SV, and none of the (main) press sites is even trying to cover for the technical issues.

I myself agree with the one site (I don't remind which) which basically summed it "would be the best pokemon game to date if it didn't look like it'd explode any moment".

Even Metacritic (user) scores are abysmal, with BDSP previously hanging around 5.5, and SV getting as low as 2.3

I do wonder if this kind of press will *actually* get Nintendo's or TPCI attention for once, or not.

It's really saddening me a bit, cause the games are really fun, and there's just no way this is a "Switch issue", it's really bad coding from GF's side and as I said earlier, I doubt anything will be changed with patches, as if anything had to change it'd have been with the prerelease patch (like it happened for SMTV which had similar issues and they downgraded the textures on day0 patch to make it run smoothly).

We all know the sales will be massive anyway, and the only way to actually get the publisher's attention is if the sales actually drop significantly, and I myself would be at guilt of buying them (but... I do find them fun ._.), but I still hope that they do look at all the negative press attention they are getting worldwide.

I wonder if any of the more competent JP experts here know what the reception has been over in japan. I can't find much about it.

I wonder if any of the more competent JP experts here know what the reception has been over in japan. I can't find much about it.
Haven't checked scores, but its a mix of fondness over the mess (does help that a lot praise the story from what ive seen), complaining about the glitches and complaining about people complaining about the glitches. bear in mind my feed is limited so this is biased, but you kinda piqued my interest so I might dwelve deeper onto it

Haven't checked scores, but its a mix of fondness over the mess (does help that a lot praise the story from what ive seen), complaining about the glitches and complaining about people complaining about the glitches. bear in mind my feed is limited so this is biased, but you kinda piqued my interest so I might dwelve deeper onto it
Reading your little descriptor, it's a good reminder that despite different cultures sometimes fandoms really are just the same l ol

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I've been noticing that this time the press hasn't been kind at all to SV, and none of the (main) press sites is even trying to cover for the technical issues.

I myself agree with the one site (I don't remind which) which basically summed it "would be the best pokemon game to date if it didn't look like it'd explode any moment".

Even Metacritic (user) scores are abysmal, with BDSP previously hanging around 5.5, and SV getting as low as 2.3

I do wonder if this kind of press will *actually* get Nintendo's or TPCI attention for once, or not.

It's really saddening me a bit, cause the games are really fun, and there's just no way this is a "Switch issue", it's really bad coding from GF's side and as I said earlier, I doubt anything will be changed with patches, as if anything had to change it'd have been with the prerelease patch (like it happened for SMTV which had similar issues and they downgraded the textures on day0 patch to make it run smoothly).

We all know the sales will be massive anyway, and the only way to actually get the publisher's attention is if the sales actually drop significantly, and I myself would be at guilt of buying them (but... I do find them fun ._.), but I still hope that they do look at all the negative press attention they are getting worldwide.

It has become clear as crystal to me at least that Pokemon is going to abandon yearly releases eventually. It's not a matter of if, assuming it ever was. It's absolutely a matter of when. It's simply not sustainable for a modern big franchise. Even fucking Assassin's Creed had to slow down, and while Call of Duty is trying desperately to hang on to that clip it has only done so via an insane chucking of development teams into its meat grinder that Nintendo is obviously not going to partake in, and even then it is seemingly going to finally take a year off in 2023. If a series overseen by dark lord Bobby Kotick can't do it anymore, Pokemon has no chance.

Alas, it is by that same token that the scary question emerges: If neither this or SWSH are the breaking point, what will be? I and many others have carried an assumption for a long while now that for all their faults, Nintendo had a rigorous standard of polish they held their releases to. They can still put out a dud like Nintendo Switch Sports, but Nintendo Bad is a very different flavor compared to something like Bethesda Bad or Battlefield Bad: The former may be a bit bland and content light but otherwise functions perfectly. The latter feels like it'll collapse if you so much as look at it funny. And yet for reasons I cannot understand it seems like they do not hold Pokemon to the standard of their other first party IPs, or at least haven't in this instance. But have they gotten so complacent in regards to maintaining their squeaky-clean image that they will let all this slide so long as they get their usual 8 digit sales count?

Because if heaven forbid the yearly release hell culminates in a release as dysfunctional and disastrous as Battlefield 2042, Nintendo absolutely will be implicated, especially by the general public. I don't have the source handy so you're going to have to take my word for it but there's this interview where Masuda said the average Joe Schmoe doesn't even know Game Freak exists and assumes Pokemon games are made in-house. With that in mind, if the aforementioned nightmare scenario plays out it will be Nintendo flooded with angry e-mails and phone calls from parents about why their Little Timmies and Little Janies can't walk one step out of Radibella Town without falling through the map. Even more people are going to be wondering why Zelda can drop a single 1 minute teaser and disappear for years while Pokemon can't even get a single delay for optimization.

For absolutely everyone's sake - from we the fans to the developers themselves - let's pray that this will be enough to finally pierce this publisher's thick skull.

Personally the main problem that has irked me so far is that you can't drag Pokemon from the boxes into the All Boxes menu like the other Switch games, and we're back to new captures going in the most recent box so you just have to move each mon to fill gaps manually. The search menus also have some odd behaviour, like there is a weird square on the box tera type search menu when you don't have a type selected and it says Type 2. Also you can't press B to get out of the held item or gender search menus and you have to press an option. Also you can't see your playtime on the save screen and the profile is behind two menus. Basically I think these menus could be better for how often you might use them for organization and information but that's just what I've mainly been going through.

1668968061783.png

On the other hand I think the visual glitches have been funny though and there are some interesting exploits. There's the backwards jump climbing and one where if you're on handheld and have joycons + another controller both moving diagonally, you can increase your running speed on foot probably because of square joystick inputs. I also saw this video of being able to catch a shiny and walk away and reset and find the same exact shiny mon again which was interesting and probably will be patched like BDSP clones again before home support.

It has become clear as crystal to me at least that Pokemon is going to abandon yearly releases eventually. It's not a matter of if, assuming it ever was. It's absolutely a matter of when. It's simply not sustainable for a modern big franchise. Even fucking Assassin's Creed had to slow down, and while Call of Duty is trying desperately to hang on to that clip it has only done so via an insane chucking of development teams into its meat grinder that Nintendo is obviously not going to partake in, and even then it is seemingly going to finally take a year off in 2023. If a series overseen by dark lord Bobby Kotick can't do it anymore, Pokemon has no chance.

Alas, it is by that same token that the scary question emerges: If neither this or SWSH are the breaking point, what will be? I and many others have carried an assumption for a long while now that for all their faults, Nintendo had a rigorous standard of polish they held their releases to. They can still put out a dud like Nintendo Switch Sports, but Nintendo Bad is a very different flavor compared to something like Bethesda Bad or Battlefield Bad: The former may be a bit bland and content light but otherwise functions perfectly. The latter feels like it'll collapse if you so much as look at it funny. And yet for reasons I cannot understand it seems like they do not hold Pokemon to the standard of their other first party IPs, or at least haven't in this instance. But have they gotten so complacent in regards to maintaining their squeaky-clean image that they will let all this slide so long as they get their usual 8 digit sales count?

Because if heaven forbid the yearly release hell culminates in a release as dysfunctional and disastrous as Battlefield 2042, Nintendo absolutely will be implicated, especially by the general public. I don't have the source handy so you're going to have to take my word for it but there's this interview where Masuda said the average Joe Schmoe doesn't even know Game Freak exists and assumes Pokemon games are made in-house. With that in mind, if the aforementioned nightmare scenario plays out it will be Nintendo flooded with angry e-mails and phone calls from parents about why their Little Timmies and Little Janies can't walk one step out of Radibella Town without falling through the map. Even more people are going to be wondering why Zelda can drop a single 1 minute teaser and disappear for years while Pokemon can't even get a single delay for optimization.

For absolutely everyone's sake - from we the fans to the developers themselves - let's pray that this will be enough to finally pierce this publisher's thick skull.
I think the main problem is that companies rarely look at "press" and more at income figure.
It doesnt matter if a entry is trashtalked if it sells.
Main reason some companies eventually stop with the scuffed releases is because one of them actually ends up in loss (see battlefield or fallout 96).

Sadly I fear that the only moment Nintendo will actually be bothered by Pokemon results is if they undersell hard enough to actually cause a loss.
Which... is not happening.

Last edited:
Gamefreak added sleeping animations for every Pokémon yet not only do they not use these animations on sleeping Pokémon in battle the sleeping Pokémon don't even close their eyes anymore.

Why. Why is this company so bad.
Yeh like, it's stuff like this I don't get.

I really wonder what the fuck goes on during the development of these games, cause there's some aspects that are egregiously detailed, like the pokemon textures, their animations, some of the new moves, the interactions during picnics... and then other stuff like what you just said.

I just struggle to understand how they manage to at same time make amazing and disastrous things in the same games.

there's been sleeping animations for everyone since gen 6 because they get used in the pokemonamie/refresh/camp stuff, LA & SV refined them and made them more visible by it being behaviors they can do on the field
The battles presumable never use them for i dunno, probably ease of taking hit animations.

Not closing their eye lids for sleep, who can possibly fathom at this point. Did they close their eyes for Drowsy in LA? Maybe they reused that routine for Sleep in SV without thinking about it.

Raids are really ass in this game. Was hoping they'd be better than the slog they were in SW&SH but between the desyncing, unskippable animations and wonky timer is just a terrible experience overall.

Raids are really ass in this game. Was hoping they'd be better than the slog they were in SW&SH but between the desyncing, unskippable animations and wonky timer is just a terrible experience overall.
Tbh I think the problem is that they're just... laggy.

They're meant to be happening "at same time" but ... not really? Feels more like you're meant to execute "A turn every X seconds", and until everyone have either executed or skipped that turn, it doesn't start the others.
Combined with the fact that while online it tends to not sync properly, and the co-op makes it desync even more if the host doesn't have godtier internet...

That said, they're still nowhere as bad as the SwSh ones at least... you can't just get murdered by allies (since your aoes don't hit them), and you aren't relying on one person to properly time their Dynamax. There's also no "i'll take 3 turns in a row and spam AoE to kill everyone" moments.
Albeith, for 5+ star raids, you kinda want to have people with functional braincells and somewhat decent mons, as the raids actually have good movesets (at least the few I tried) and you NEED to teralyze at the correct moment.

Tbh I think the problem is that they're just... laggy.

They're meant to be happening "at same time" but ... not really? Feels more like you're meant to execute "A turn every X seconds", and until everyone have either executed or skipped that turn, it doesn't start the others.
Combined with the fact that while online it tends to not sync properly, and the co-op makes it desync even more if the host doesn't have godtier internet...

That said, they're still nowhere as bad as the SwSh ones at least... you can't just get murdered by allies (since your aoes don't hit them), and you aren't relying on one person to properly time their Dynamax. There's also no "i'll take 3 turns in a row and spam AoE to kill everyone" moments.
Albeith, for 5+ star raids, you kinda want to have people with functional braincells and somewhat decent mons, as the raids actually have good movesets (at least the few I tried) and you NEED to teralyze at the correct moment.
Though not as bad as SW&Sh it's still pretty bad online with the lag and desyncing. Sadly offline 5+ raids are hard to beat solo as the partner AI is still dumb and not helpful especially with how brutal the raids get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)