Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

It's not "that" different from SwSh. IoA was 17 june with Tundra being on 22 october, so still looking at 4-ish month difference.

I'm assuming september / december -ish release dates.

Summer will have VGC going on either ways with by then also Home additions, so they probably consider it covered as far as events go.
The Hisuian Zoroark pre-order bonus is redeemable now by the way, so Zoroark-H and Zorua-H are in the format now.

Having given a run around the world, including some of the higher density towns and area zero, performance is definitely better.
There's still pop in & light box issues (anyone who runs around area zero knows what i mean), and you can kind of feel it lag around you...but it's still better than before and more relevantly riding around feels way smoother. Even when stuff definitely seems to be lagging around you, my actual movement speed seems unimpeded. It does feel like a smoother experience.

I think they added thicker cloud cover to the cave for Area Zero as well.

I didn't watch the Presents since it just didn't interest me. But it doesn't matter, they revealed the one thing I wanted the most, and that is ScaVio DLC! Yay!

With the name being "The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero", I thought it would take place there, but the info on the site gives me the impression that it will take place in other areas instead? But it is all related to Area Zero in some way, I suppose? Guess I'll just wait and see how it unfolds.

New characters, new Pokémon, old Pokémon returning, and two parts for the DLC, all of this is really nice. Feels like it will be similar to the DLC for S/S which I personally enjoyed a lot. The release dates are fall and winter, I had expected it to be summer and fall like for S/S but I think this is fine too. Also two new Paradox Pokémon, which are not in the DLC but just got added to the games? Walking Wake and Iron Leaves. Really weird. Though I don't think I'll boot up Violet just to catch one of the latter, I'll keep waiting until the games get Home support before I return. And it seems like they are exclusive to Tera Raids if I understand things correctly? So I'll definitely skip it for now.

On the whole, I'm really looking forward to the DLC and I'm definitely getting it.

from the website said:
Most of this unusual school is located under the ocean, and its curriculum emphasizes Pokémon battling.
You know I thought the stuff on the water was just like a stadium but i guess its actually the top of the school

I hope we'll get something like the Galarian birds in the new DLC. Like a Paldean version of the guardian spirits or something. I always loved the new takes on the Kanto birds

Well now Sun has it's new rain check, and a damn good one too looking at it. If only mine wasn't Adamant 31 Attack, but hey, it learns Aqua Jet so at least it's not totally a waste for it to have the 31 in Attack, right? :psycry:
You know what I've seen weirder things use both stats for luring or such
volcanion did it first...
Let's be real, when Steam Eruption is your bread and butter, Volcanion did not function "equally" in both weathers, he just functioned in both. Rain definitely still liked him more.

With the name being "The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero", I thought it would take place there, but the info on the site gives me the impression that it will take place in other areas instead? But it is all related to Area Zero in some way, I suppose? Guess I'll just wait and see how it unfolds.
I guess it’ll just relate to Area Zero lore wise, like the new school is studying it or something. I imagine there’ll be a new area within it they just haven’t shown off yet.

I guess it’ll just relate to Area Zero lore wise, like the new school is studying it or something. I imagine there’ll be a new area within it they just haven’t shown off yet.
I assume it'll tie back to Area Zero, whether in person or in concept, since Terapagos is a dead ringer for the unnamed Hexagonal Pokemon in the Scarlet/Violet Book and a bunch of reports has a clear relation to the Terastal Phenomena, something that stems primarily from Area Zero and the Crater in the base game's lore.

Dunno if this has been tested but tried breeding my Hisuian Zoroark with a Ditto and the offspring was regular a regular Zoroark
I think in general, Regional Variants need to be holding an Everstone to produce offspring of the form that's not native to the Region in which you're playing (region of Origin or not).

Alolan Dugtrio outside of Alola will always have regular Diglett Eggs without Held Items affecting it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)