Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

So uh are we allowed to enter Walking Wake raids from Violet? Been trying for like 15 min now
It's something I notice even during normal times, raids fill up fast since they only update on manual refresh and not in realtime. Now consider that people are rushing to get into raids for both mons as Version Exclusives, big new "Legendaries", and something they'd otherwise have to hunt in game for their own raid den and figure out a Solo for.

I wonder if the excluded pokemon from the list were just legendaries and mythicals? Because I remember hearing that not all 240 are on that list.

Plus I don't think GF wants returning legends/mythicals leaked.

Plus I don't think GF wants returning legends/mythicals leaked.
There's not so much to leak, so far all generations (including swsh) had *all* legendaries returning since they are basically a given for VGC.

Mythicals ofc are another beast entirely, but they're generally related to events, thus would be reasonable if they will wait to add some of them until the event is near.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
There's not so much to leak, so far all generations (including swsh) had *all* legendaries returning since they are basically a given for VGC.

Mythicals ofc are another beast entirely, but they're generally related to events, thus would be reasonable if they will wait to add some of them until the event is near.
If we assume that the final tally is the absolute maximum possible of 239, we have 23 slots left for returning mons. Even if EVERY one of those is a returning legend it won't be enough: Pre-Paldea minor legendaries alone if you don't count Ultra Beasts bring the tally to 36. Add in mascots and it's well over 50.

Some of that count has already been chipped away at by Home additions, but it makes no difference. No legend spam. Not this time. Thank fucking god.

If we assume that the final tally is the absolute maximum possible of 239, we have 23 slots left for returning mons. Even if EVERY one of those is a returning legend it won't be enough: Pre-Paldea minor legendaries alone if you don't count Ultra Beasts bring the tally to 36. Add in mascots and it's well over 50.

Some of that count has already been chipped away at by Home additions, but it makes no difference. No legend spam. Not this time. Thank fucking god.
How is 239 the absolute maximum possible, they just said over 230.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll be the first to get this opinion out there... I really don't like the Suicune Paradox form so far. I was already feeling a bit iffy about the missed potential here (they could have used the Burned Tower legends as inspiration for a Past form), but somehow they managed to do even worse than that.
It totally ties into the Burned Tower. Raikou called down the lightning bolt. Suicune used Sunny Day to put out the fire with Hydro Steam but of course that just made it burn worse.. Paradox Entei’s other type was clearly Grass/Bug/Ice/Steel and so it couldn’t survive either.

Raikou the villain (likely part Dark), Suicune the failed hero, Entei the innocent victim. This is why Eusine chases Suicune, he wants to convince it that it wasn’t its fault, though Suicune will always blame itself. Kinda sad.

How is 239 the absolute maximum possible, they just said over 230.
Why specify 230 otherwise? They would have said over 240 or over 250 surely.

If you remove all the Pokemon that are already in the game, which presumably do not count towards the "over 230" number based on SWSH's DLC, from that list and then added i nthe remaining Legendary pokemon not already in the game (of which there are MANY, by the way), it comes out to ~235

so....

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
If you remove all the Pokemon that are already in the game, which presumably do not count towards the "over 230" number based on SWSH's DLC, from that list and then added i nthe remaining Legendary pokemon not already in the game (of which there are MANY, by the way), it comes out to ~235

so....
with or without ubs

Walking Wake was an easy catch but everyone online is shitting the bed against Iron leaves
Tell me about it. You'd think more people would use Gholdengo or something that can actually resist all of its attacks, but no. You get people who don't bother and let it get up to +6 atk because why not? I got some guy who tried to use Anihilape of all things.

I'll be the first to get this opinion out there... I really don't like the Suicune Paradox form so far. I was already feeling a bit iffy about the missed potential here (they could have used the Burned Tower legends as inspiration for a Past form), but somehow they managed to do even worse than that. Virizion's "Iron Leaves" variant looks a bit better to me personally, but it's still not my favorite thing ever.
It's a pretty straightforward foil to the headcanon that PS was some alleged forerunner to the three beasts, which isn't something that really made sense given what we know about their creation. Not that this is the speculation thread but it's seemed pretty obvious since the Cyclizar/Koraidon lore reveals (to me at least) that the Paradoxes aren't literal antecedents/descendants. Between the weird dex entries, Arven's commentary, and really strange details on things like Slither Wing and Sandy Shocks it's pretty clear that the paradoxes as a group are just present day mons reimagined through dinosaurian/cyborg tropes of the past and future respectively. Walking Wake isn't actually related to the Suicune we know –– it's a manifestation of what an ancient Suicune might've looked like assuming the ancient past actually looked like the Flintstones or Jurassic Park.

Last edited:
Tell me about it. You'd think more people would use Gholdengo or something that can actually resist all of its attacks, but no. You get people who don't bother and let it get up to +6 atk because why not? I got some guy who tried to use Anihilape of all things.
20 battles so far and all quick wipes as everyone just throws out random legends and starters

Occurs to me that this list of Pokemon is probably meant to be split across the two expansions personal pokedexes, which would explain why there's some but not all Pokemon in the game already and in particular would explain Wooper/Quagsire being here. Meanwhile all the legends would occupy outside it, alongside the other misc Pokemon like the Kalos starter & Samurott.

Wouldn't surprise me if Teal Mask's area counts as a separate region for Wooper & Quagsire so you could just pick them up normally here rather than just the trade & breeding. Who knows, maybe it counts as "not-Paldea" enough to breed normal Tauros too, but that won't be in the "Kitakami" dex.
Maybe Kitakami lets you get the Hisuian Pokemon natively too? Since they, including Enamorus, also get to be getting dex entries judging by the list. Would certainly make the Zoroark wi-fi gift fit in.
How fun.

Two things:

1) I told you it was an animatronic Pikachu 315111

2) Apparently Gamefreak really picked Spain out of a hat and clearly didn't care about the country at all; not only is the VGC not there but we'll be leaving for another region for the DLC
guess Poke-Europe ends in the Pyrenees too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)