Pokemon Scarlet & Violet - 18th Nov 2022! **OFFICIAL INFO ONLY**

The new mascots are named Koraidon and Miraidon, though their types and other stats are kept secret.

Pawmi (Electric):
In addition to the electric sacs in its cheeks, Pawmi has electricity-discharging organs on its forepaws. It generates electricity by rubbing its cheeks, then it shocks its opponents by touching them with the pads on its forepaws.

Not only is the fur that covers its body good insulation against the cold, but it also serves the purpose of storing electricity. When it feels uneasy, this cautious Pokémon will begin rubbing its cheeks, preparing itself to discharge an electric shock.
Lechonk (Normal):
Lechonk uses its sense of smell to find and eat only the most fragrant wild grasses and the richest Berries. As a result of its dining habits, it has come to radiate an aroma resembling herbs that bug Pokémon dislike.

If attacked by an opponent and startled, it will charge forward in a panic. It may appear fat at first glance, but in reality, the Pokémon’s body is mostly muscle built by constantly walking around in search of food.
Smoliv (Grass/Normal):
The oil that comes out of its head has a very strong bitter taste, and it is not suitable for consumption. When startled or attacked, Smoliv will shoot this oil out, slowing its opponent down. It will then seize that moment to run away.

In the fruit on its head, Smoliv stores oil made from nutrients it gathers through photosynthesis. As a result, it can go for a week without eating or drinking. It prefers dry and sunny climates, and it seems to spend its days sunbathing.

Pawmi & Smoliv look "off" to me, in game. Their sugimori artwork is much more endearing to me.

The Lizards are neat though I still want to see them in game and not as mostly static CG emphasizing the fact they are also vehicles. Koraidon I liked better once I saw the artwork and could really make out the details of how the "tire" throatsack meshes with the rest of its body.

Lechonk is baby, love him.

Lechonk is my new favourite mon.

They truly made a Pokémon species named Lechonk (Lechón is the offspring of the pig (cerdo) in spanish, they literally took lechon and added a "k" at the end). The green Pokémon is based on olives, since olive-trees are everywhere in Spain, specially in the south region in Andalucía.

Both legendaries are great, we deserve it since they made the past 2 almost the same (zacian and zamazenta), the 2 profesors are top, the girl is a waifu and the guy is the giga chad meme turned cartoonish.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
I set my expectations low, and somehow they managed to make it even worse. Still prefer the Gen 7 and Let's Go graphics over both SwSh and SV, and... who am I kidding? "Lechonk"? Are you kidding me? That's the laziest Pokémon name I think I've ever heard. Those mascot Legendaries also look pretty... ehhhhhhhh

What good things can I say about the trailer? The co-op seems cool, I guess. Looks pretty similar to that of the Wild Area, and we all know how terrible that system ran. Consider this game a hard L for me at the moment. I get that we'll get more trailers later on, but this same pattern of disappointment happens every three years at this point. We deserve better than this, and I truly am sorry if you disagree and like this game's appeal so far.

One thing I expect to see in this trailer: What is the non-HM field move system going to be? We had Ride Pokemon, Special Starters, and Rotom Bike. Bike coming back would make sense with Europe, but they might surprise us. That just seems like the right level of new info that doesn't actually tell us anything for this trailer.
This is getting a bit into riddler interpretation theory territory, but even without that the legendaries have wheels and thrusters on them, I will not be surprised if they are our mode of transport. (Maybe they'll have prevos like in SM that serve as starting modes of transport, before getting their final full powered forms?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)