Pokemon Showdown! Battle Spot Room Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! The upper staff of Pokemon Showdown's Battle Spot Room have decided to host a tournament! We're giving out prizes all throughout the tourney, (I'm even giving raffle mons) so try and do your best to get the best mons!

Battle Spot Tournament Team​
Currently, these are the people who will have some kind of influence of the tournament from start to finish.
How This Works​
First off, FlamtapShuckle and I will need to know what type of formats your playing. An example post would be like: Singles, Doubles, Rotations. Aka, you just need to bold what formats you're playing, any
additional info is welcome, but not needed. Second, you can play your matches on PS! or X/Y. This doesn't have to be specified in your signup post. Signups will be from today (August 20, 2014) until next Friday. (August 29, 2014) Round One will begin on September 13th, 2014 and go until September 20th, 2014. Battles will be in Best of 3 format. Once you have finished your games, PM me and FlamtapShuckle with both players confirming who won/lost.

Prizes​
As stated in the tournament team section above, Angeela and I will be giving out prizes throughout this tournament. If you would like to be a member of the donation team, PM me only. Prizes will be in the range of items, 4-6 Iv [Shiny] Pokemon.

Disqualifications​
A user will be disqualified at the expense of FlamtapShuckle and myself. If you feel your opponent should be dq'd, pm me or shuckle. Do NOT PM us if you want to dq a user who is not your opponent.

Player List​
Catacomb = Singles
Hebrew = Triples
DragoFish = Singles
Croven = Singles
Jumi = Singles
ethan06 = singles
haban012 = singles
SoulSapphire = Singles, Triples
FlamtapShuckle = Singles, Doubles, Triples
iPledge = Singles, Doubles
Campaign = Singles, Doubles, Triples
flarz = singles, doubles, triples
EnGarde = singles, doubles
Whiskey Tango = Doubles, Triples, Rotation
coolking49 = Doubles, Rotation
CoolShard = Singles
Shyfire = singles

Last edited:
in as first/only player. also, confirming that I can give out a Lando/Mence to the winner.

I'll be playing in BS Singles. (/catacomb cri because he can't find command center or knows the bold command) ;-;-;

Last edited:

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Battle Spot Singles for me. PS name is Croven or Air Nomad Croven, for future reference.

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
BS Singles, I've been doing the ladder challenge anyway so one of these would be fun assuming the timing isn't too outlandish

Singles, Doubles, Triples.

Also, out of interest, how are the brackets going to be built (eg, double elimination, single elimination, etc, upper/lower brackets, etc)?

Singles, Doubles, Triples.

Also, out of interest, how are the brackets going to be built (eg, double elimination, single elimination, etc, upper/lower brackets, etc)?
I'll be making brackets based on participants. For now, here is a rubirc:
  • 32 people - single elim
  • 16 people - double elim
  • 8 people - double elim
  • 4 - Round Robin

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
I'm in for Rotation (on-cart).

And doubles and triples only if there's enough of a Pokemon Showdown! audience for those; don't have my best teams built in-game yet.
Ooo, I missed that rotation was an option. I'd be willing to try that one too. ^_^

Also, Whiskey, if there's something standard that you need, I can send it to you. That applies to anyone else here that needs pokemon for playing on-cart. I can offer anything that's currently listed on the distribution post on page 1 of the SQ/SR thread, or on the first post of my trade shop (link in sig).

Happy battling! :)

Ooo, I missed that rotation was an option. I'd be willing to try that one too. ^_^

Also, Whiskey, if there's something standard that you need, I can send it to you. That applies to anyone else here that needs pokemon for playing on-cart. I can offer anything that's currently listed on the distribution post on page 1 of the SQ/SR thread, or on the first post of my trade shop (link in sig).

Happy battling! :)
I appreciate it. It's more that I'm starting grad school teaching training within the next few weeks and don't want to carve out time for building any team from scratch besides one for VGC. Thanks, though. I might check out your trade shop either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)