Pokemon Showdown Ladder Speedruns!

SBPC

stranded on an island
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
psspeedruns.png

amazing logo made by Pujo

room project approved by HoeenHero
Introducing the next event to keep users entertained on ladder for days they feel like adding some speed to the mix! Pokemon Showdown Ladder Speedruns is an event held by the PS Speedrunning Room! To partake, simply make a ladder alt and confirm it in this thread!
Time starts on your first battle beginning, and time ends on your ladder account reaching the peak listed in the category!

Timing Rules:
Timing starts when the first battle begins, or when team preview is first seen. Timing ends on the final battle when reach the required point threshold. In events of the ladder taking long times to update on your final battle, moderators will review your footage and record time on the "User has won!" appearing on screen.

General Submission Rules: Runs will be submitted through this thread. Your video evidence can be in any form, as long as it is permanently accessible. All alts must be confirmed through your video evidence displaying the account at the starting 1000 elo before your run begins or at the end of your first won battle. If your run does not have a alt shown at one of these points it will not be counted.

Currently these are the categories that can be ran:
Gen 8 Random Battles (-1300)
Gen 8 OU (-1300)
Gen 8 OU (-1500)
Gen 8 Doubles OU (-1300)
Gen 8 UU (-1300)
Gen 8 RU (-1300)
Gen 8 NU (-1300)
Gen 8 PU (-1300)
Gen 8 1v1 (-1300)
Gen 8 National Dex OU (-1300)

Side Categories:
Gen 8 1v1 (-1500)

All Categories will be kept through this sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...QaGv29Ci_MPBbpBZAoqSHiljeZA/edit?usp=drivesdk
(huge thanks to Plague von Karma for helping me design this)

Last edited:

Clementine

Done and dusted
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
UUPL Champion
Going to speedrun Gen 8 Random Battles (-1300)
Just registered the alt Bulu is unviable (because it is)

1622619759543.png

1622619773772.png

Video proof:

Time: 28:41.58

Definitely not a good run, my very first game was very unfortunate and I choked another one, meaning I had to take 2 Ls
I got a lot of quick forfeits so I was able to gain time with that, but there's definitely room for improvement, especially since I can easily play 3 games at once before reaching 1150.

1622621761370.png
1622642370504.png

1622642384093.png
1622642489202.png

Video proof: soon

Time: 21:19.72

1622642440146.png

Last edited:

SBPC

stranded on an island
why there are two gen8 OU ?
the two OU categories are seperate as deeper ladder runs might see teams switch mid run, if not just players outright use different teams to be more consistent

besides, having a run go deeper down the ladder seemed neat as a type of way to diversify the runs

Edit: someone mentioned thread clogging due to having to reg new alts every time you make an attempt, so the system was slightly changed to make ease of this.

General Submission Rules: Runs will be submitted through this thread. Your video evidence can be in any form, as long as it is permanently accessible. All alts must be confirmed through your video evidence displaying the account at the starting 1000 elo before your run begins. If your run does not have a alt shown before it begins it will not be counted.
if you already submitted your alt on the thread, its been accounted for and still valid so don't worry, just make sure you use the new system for future runs

Clementine

Done and dusted
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
UUPL Champion
Went back to speedrunning [Gen 8] Randbats
After Maswood's run, I realized there was a lot of room for improvement, and decided to give it another try
I ended up saving over 7 minutes, which is a lot. I used the /battle! command in each battle instead of going back to the home page to click on the Battle button, which saved a considerable amount of seconds, and I would advise using this to every speedrunner out there.

Video proof:

I'm probably going to aim for a sub 20:00 run, which is definitely doable with a bit of luck

Edit: found a way to prove that this alt was fresh at the beginning of the run, at 3:31 on the video, we can see that my Elo went from 1000 to 1041

Last edited:

SBPC

stranded on an island

Video proof:

I'm probably going to aim for a sub 20:00 run, which is definitely doable with a bit of luck
Unfortunately, PS Speedrunning staff has decided to flag this from the leaderboard as an enforcement of the rule that the alt being fresh must be visible on video. We attempted to scan the replay for an alternative proof in your ladder rating being started from 1000 at the end of your first win, but your rating was obscured from view by the "please register your alt" message. Your run was incredible, but in order to keep consistency with the rules stated in the OP, we cannot make exceptions.

LittEleven

A wanderer above the sea of fog
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
25:58 for OU 1300
cat walked over my keyboard and clicked everything

Alt Proof

I /ranked in my first battle so ye
forfeited last battle cause I was too burned out to play hence my current elo should be below 1300, if that matters

Trick room is incredible. 0 brain usage, linear thing you can click every battle, and ends quickly due to you just puncturing stuff, along with super intimidating mons that cause people to forfeit, clearly.
regrets: keeping Lunar Dance and Trick Room near each other, the misclick caused my only loss which would've been a significant timesave.
brain hurts though cause not used to playing multiple battles at once. very fun though so yep

Cao Jie

formerly iKiQ
I accidentally showed the wrong alt when starting off but I you can see all 18 battles were played in the duration of this vid, I managed to beat my old land a record at 17:17

Unfortunately, PS Speedrunning staff has decided has decided to flag this from the leaderboard as an enforcement of the rule that the alt being fresh must be visible on video. You've shown the wrong alt at the beginning of the recording, We attempted to scan the replay for another proof, in your ladder rating being started from 1000 at the end of your first win, but the registering message hid your rating, and after when you displayed your alt, we can't see your winrate so we can't check if you played the right number of game. Your run was incredible but we cannot make exceptions in order to keep consistency with the rules

SBPC

stranded on an island
25:58 for OU 1300
cat walked over my keyboard and clicked everything

Alt Proof

I /ranked in my first battle so ye
forfeited last battle cause I was too burned out to play hence my current elo should be below 1300, if that matters

Trick room is incredible. 0 brain usage, linear thing you can click every battle, and ends quickly due to you just puncturing stuff, along with super intimidating mons that cause people to forfeit, clearly.
regrets: keeping Lunar Dance and Trick Room near each other, the misclick caused my only loss which would've been a significant timesave.
brain hurts though cause not used to playing multiple battles at once. very fun though so yep
approved.

In wake of mods discovering a new way to check for fresh alts, the OP has been updated to reflect the "1000 fresh win" method being a viable way for us to score runs. THIS IS RESERVED AS A BACKUP CHECKING METHOD INCASE THE VIDEO OBSCURES THE INITIAL FRESH ALT CHECK. We insist all runners have a 3-5 second clip of their alt being fresh through a visible means, such as /rank in a chatroom, or the ladder scoring screen on showdown accessed by clicking your username.

Cao Jie

formerly iKiQ
Unfortunately, PS Speedrunning staff has decided to flag this from the leaderboard as an enforcement of the rule that the alt being fresh must be visible on video. We attempted to scan the replay for an alternative proof in your ladder rating being started from 1000 at the end of your first win, but your rating was obscured from view by the "please register your alt" message. Your run was incredible, but in order to keep consistency with the rules stated in the OP, we cannot make exceptions.
At closer review of the footage, a new method to legitimize the video has been found. We saw the elo climbing after the first win, so the decision has been overturned.
Framecounted : 21m 19s

First battle begins :05-:07 and ends 17:04-17:05. User Forsh. Its a recording of a recording (kek) because I dont know how to edit..

At worst 17mins randbats gen8

Was about to claim PeapodC at the end there too >:)

----

EDIT: Blurred out parts of the first battle chat I entered cuz I did the /alts command like a doofus.

Last edited:

LittEleven

A wanderer above the sea of fog
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
18:33 for OU 1300

Alt Proof

Didn't /rank at the start but it features conveniently in the video as
1622715981806.png

https://pokepast.es/c9f91a6970dcb73f is the paste, stolen without changes, great team
I put in my best, any increments without a strat change would be just trying to get better luck, and I don't have a record to beat yet so I don't have to put myself through pain yet, so yep
took 12 wins to get to 1300+, good luck there too, no loss gang and obviously no bad hax like polter / crabhammer missing.
cheers

Cao Jie

formerly iKiQ
18:33 for OU 1300

Alt Proof

Didn't /rank at the start but it features conveniently in the video as
View attachment 346457

https://pokepast.es/c9f91a6970dcb73f is the paste, stolen without changes, great team
I put in my best, any increments without a strat change would be just trying to get better luck, and I don't have a record to beat yet so I don't have to put myself through pain yet, so yep
took 12 wins to get to 1300+, good luck there too, no loss gang and obviously no bad hax like polter / crabhammer missing.
cheers
Verified, frame count marks this as a 18:31 based on the video

Last edited:
Hello. I am on mobile so the format for me was on, so what I did was go to the stopwatch app, make a fresh alt, wait until my official ranking was 1500 (The 1v1 ladder was janky at times) and go back to the stop watch app and say that was my time cause I don’t have access to the speeding timer. If you’re wondering, the first battle is at the 1 min mark and the last battle is at the 22 min mark. Also once I registered my acc, my elo updated so the time I stopped which was 1506 ELO was 28/4 I guess.

Sorry for the bad quality. Also I had multiple runs before this and even a successful run but half of the footage got corrupted.

Attachments

Last edited:

SBPC

stranded on an island

Sorry for the bad quality. Also I had multiple runs before this and even a successful run but half of the footage got corrupted.
verified and counted to a 22:52

Submitting a DOU speedrun - I know its not a category, but maybe it could be~
didnt realize that the /rank hadnt updated immediately, but you can see the text that says my rating went up to 1311. even accounting for rounding differences that should be enough.

https://pokepast.es/e14918b2cd115dcd
My team from BLT Week 1, generic hyperoffense with latias.
verified as a 19:03

we all kinda forgot doubles existed, but thanks to some exposure from this run we've decided to officially add doubles ou as a format, with the ladder req being 1300!

Additionally, some members of the 1v1 community have asked to adjust the ladder run from 1500 to 1300, so that'll be another adjustment to the runs, and the 1500 ladder will be a side category.
(note: for non-randbats tiers, when shifts/bans happen, the old ladder runs will be archived and new leaderboards will be made for them, as changes to the meta will naturally effect runs.)

SBPC

stranded on an island
e: accidental double post, mb

First battle begins :05-:07 and ends 17:04-17:05. User Forsh. Its a recording of a recording (kek) because I dont know how to edit..

At worst 17mins randbats gen8

Was about to claim PeapodC at the end there too >:)

----

EDIT: Blurred out parts of the first battle chat I entered cuz I did the /alts command like a doofus.
I tripled checked this runs to be dead sure there wasn't any additional edits, but i can confirm that this run is now officially verified at a 17 minute 4 second run. Congratulations

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Did a Gen 8 UU run for fun, got *roughly* 17 minutes - I was a little slow on setting the timer at the start, sorry! First time doing this :x it's probably 17:02 or whatever.

No editing and pretty abrupt ending but still, this was fun and I hope more people try it :>

Abyssal Ruins

I Cuddle wit the homies at night b4 going to Sleep
is a Tiering Contributor
0Hello Speedrunning community... I stopped speedrunning ABR vs. Tele 1200 turn replay after PC Crashed on me multiple times , but I like this idea U guys have- I decided to participate in it :psyglad:

Here I completed a speedrun of GEN 8 RANDBATS in 24:30 (man-made timed by me) [NO AUDIO]

Il'l complete gen 8 OU next,, Stay tuned... :Smogjynx:

SBPC

stranded on an island
0Hello Speedrunning community... I stopped speedrunning ABR vs. Tele 1200 turn replay after PC Crashed on me multiple times , but I like this idea U guys have- I decided to participate in it :psyglad:

Here I completed a speedrun of GEN 8 RANDBATS in 24:30 (man-made timed by me) [NO AUDIO]

Il'l complete gen 8 OU next,, Stay tuned... :Smogjynx:
verified at 24m 13s

gen 8 ou 1300
smthing like 12:16
verified at 12m 17s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)