Pokemon Showdown (original announcement)

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Holy fuck this will be awesome. Just wondering, for us rich bastards, will it make a difference if we run the iPhone web app on an iPad?
At the moment, no, but I'm working on having a more desktoppy layout for tablets, eventually.

This is very nice. aesoft is a great programmer so far that I see in the Pokemon Showdown and his awesome Pokemon Online Replay Viewer. I hope that aesoft will make the Program public (soon as finished). I would really like to see all the details that is includes.

Yeah it battle amount is proly going to be the same as Pokemon Online. Might be different. We never know until it's fully out to public.

So is this going to be completely open source? Where will it be posted?
Also, just out of curiosity, what are you building this in?

lol. this is a great project. also i have a ?, does it allow user(s) to host a server. or just one main server? and i hope this doesn't cut off PO.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WELL ACE CONGRATS ON OPEN BETA AEO
and yeah destiny bond doesn't work
and apparently poison doesn't either

but mostly congrats on open beta

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
One bug I noticed (I think): After your Pokemon gets a new item through Trick, hovering over it still shows the original item (even though the effects of the new item are still there).

That said, it looks amazing. Yesterday was probably the only time I battle Fatecrashers ever.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
DO WANT

It looks a lot better than PO, can't wait. If I read correctly, it supports iPhone? Awesome, I'll be able to tell my friends that I can play Pokemon on my iPhone.

Well it does look better than Pokemon Online (The Battles). But PO Supports Server, other stuff. But aesoft might add some of it. Neverknow >_<

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reason this is better than PO: iOS support. animations. all though po was a very quick and honestly great simulator solution, i can't wait to have animations and play on my iphone. but a question: how are servers/hosts going to work? Is it going to be smogon only, or will there be other servers, too? just out of wonder.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Reason this is better than PO: iOS support. animations. all though po was a very quick and honestly great simulator solution, i can't wait to have animations and play on my iphone. but a question: how are servers/hosts going to work? Is it going to be smogon only, or will there be other servers, too? just out of wonder.
Anyone can run a server, although it'll be a bit harder than setting up a PO server.

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
yes. it is awesome, also i can set up a PO Server, but how would it be for PS. it would like to try to set up a server. would i need something from you (aesoft)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)