Pokemon Showdown (original announcement)

Btw, a question; Will you ever be adding Little Cup?
I've asked aeo this and he said he'll be adding Little Cup later on. (When that is, I'm not sure.) For now just ask for a battle in the main chat, hopefully someone there plays Little Cup; either that or just play on the Smogon PO server.

Before a Little Cup tier is added I hope aeo adds a slider for the ev's in the teambuilder, it's really hard making Little Cup teams inserting random ev values. (assuming you don't know how lc ev's work like me) Yeah, I know you could just make a team on PO's teambuilder but personally I like PS' teambuilder better; which I applaud aeo on - it's really nice.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Same here but i refuse to update to ie9, i hate it

But others say their FF and Chrome can load PS just fine?
again its based on your internet. if you really despise ie9 you can try safari or opera or something, but if nothing else works get ie9 if you want to use ps

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Would it be possible to add a user's win/loss ratio to the /ranking command? Users not on the ladder have no way of seeing it.

Are there plans to add a Dream World tier? I know I can just ask in the main chat, but it feels awkward asking all the time.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Are there plans to add a Dream World tier? I know I can just ask in the main chat, but it feels awkward asking all the time.
It's a possibility, but it's not something I'm going to add in the near future.

I'm currently making a proposal for a side-metagame (like Balanced Hackmons). Here's the link. I was wondering if Pokemon Showdown would be interested, and if it could possibly be implemented in PS.

Wondering if you will ever add compatability with android browsers? Because the android version of Firefox for Droid sucks horse penis.

Also, I asked this in the balanced hackmons thread but didn't get an answer: who exactly is in charge of the tier, in regards to banning moves, abilities, etc.?

aeosoft, Showdown is awesome! There's just one thing I have a problem with, I suppose this is the best place to post. Currently I'm laddering OU on Showdown, and it's actually quite hard to stay high up on the ladder. For one, if you lose you immediately lose a ton of points, but the main point is this: when battling a lower ranked opponent, I lose points even if I win. This has happened to me several times, and it's really annoying. Literally just now, I played two battles and won both of them, but dropped 20 points in ranking for even playing them. If I had lost one of those, I would have probably dropped about 150 points in ranking.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Very small bug that I've noticed is that Kyogre's back shiny sprite's highlight (where it looks like a blowhole would be) is the incorrect color.

That is all.

man this is so impressive. I love it =P

Played a few game today and it's the most fun I've had with a sim since I originally learned to play competitive pokemon. kudos

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I am thoroughly enjoying PS!, aeosoft! Thanks for this major gift to Smogon :)

Is it possible to have individual player's ranking show up when you click his or her name? It's much more convenient than searching their name on the leader board.

i have always loved PS but there is one major competitive problem with it.

how come you cannot switch the order of the pokemon on the team preview when a battle starts? this makes zoroark next to useless because you cannot change the pokemon zoroark wants to camouflage as.

Any idea why it cant run on my Wii? I tried but it loads everything but cant connect to the server.

EDIT: It loads the first 3 things but cant load anything after that, it doesnt load everything.

I am thoroughly enjoying PS!, aeosoft! Thanks for this major gift to Smogon :)

Is it possible to have individual player's ranking show up when you click his or her name? It's much more convenient than searching their name on the leader board.
You can use /rank {Name}

Pardon if this is the wrong place or it has been mentioned elsewhere, what is the extent / capability of modding for Pokemon Showdown at the current time? I've wanted a place with a pretty simply language with which I can play and test some Pokemon with for ages but it's been kind of a fruitless wait. Is it available somewhere I'm not seeing or is it on the docket for a future release?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
you should make it easier to find other people in the lobby. As of now there's no pattern to the names on the list, and no way to search names. these two features combined mean if i want to challenge or pm someone i have to comb each and every name until i find the right one, which is annoying as hell.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
you should make it easier to find other people in the lobby. As of now there's no pattern to the names on the list, and no way to search names. these two features combined mean if i want to challenge or pm someone i have to comb each and every name until i find the right one, which is annoying as hell.
Ctrl + F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)