Pokemon Showdown (original announcement)

It looks awesome. Will we be able to use when alt to battle and another one to chat, tough?
No, I've tried that before and it logs both windows as the same username. I don't think it will be a good idea to have multiple windows up either, because it probably would strain your attention having to check notifications on both windows when getting PMs. If your browser is maximized you should be able to see both your battle going on, the battle chat and the server chat at the same time without any issues.

No, I've tried that before and it logs both windows as the same username. I don't think it will be a good idea to have multiple windows up either, because it probably would strain your attention having to check notifications on both windows when getting PMs. If your browser is maximized you should be able to see both your battle going on, the battle chat and the server chat at the same time without any issues.
That's not the problem. It's just that I would enjoy being able to use my forum username to chat while still being able to batle under some other nickname. Well, I can only hope aeo implements this in a future update. I don't see a reason not to, since I can't think of a way how this feature could be abused.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
A big complaint I have is the fact that you can't tab out of a battle while spectating and then come back to the current turn. It forces you to watch the battle from the point where you stopped watching and there's not even a way to skip it or speed it up. I think this should be removed, if I want to read up I can always just scroll up. That's the point of a log.

Wasn't sure where to post this, sorry if this isn't the right place.

To make an account, simply win a ranked battle, and then click the register button that comes up. Type /ranking or /rank to find your rating.
So it will say register for sure cus i won a battle a bit ago but i dont remember seeing "register" and i types /rank but it said that i havent played a ladder game when i did.

Hey! =D

I'm sorry if this question was already asked, but do you plan on supporting double battles at any point?

Thanks

I played PS for the 1st time minutes ago. Tested and approved. It's very nice playing on a high-quality simulator without having to download it, that is, I can play it everywhere, even on PCs DL-blocked. And... animations! Wow!

Hi, I downloaded the server source from github with the intention of running it to test custom pokemon, but none of my changes to the data are appearing (in fact, I removed the entire data folder and it still worked as normal).

I assume it's getting the data from the showdown server; is there any way to override this to serve my custom files? And if not, are there plans to allow that?

Thanks a lot, and great work!

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Hi, I downloaded the server source from github with the intention of running it to test custom pokemon, but none of my changes to the data are appearing (in fact, I removed the entire data folder and it still worked as normal).

I assume it's getting the data from the showdown server; is there any way to override this to serve my custom files? And if not, are there plans to allow that?

Thanks a lot, and great work!
Yes, those are planned.

It should be noted that right now, while data changes won't appear in the UI (i.e. they won't be visible in the teambuilder or in mouseovers etc), they'll still work fine in-battle.

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I saw that the EV slider was being worked on for the teambuilder, which made me really happy. Making custom LC spreads can be a real pain without it.

• All I would really want from PS would be a better userlist system with a search option so I can search for friends without scrolling through the whole list. I know you can Ctrl + F, but it kind of sucks if your friend is speaking a lot on chat and you want to talk to them privately, but CTRL + F is putting their talking on chat as part of their results.

• Maybe have an IRC style chat, seeing as you added some IRC authority levels in & and @. This would include the PM system on IRC with being able to keep multiple tabs. Not everyone's computer is the greatest and I can't really keep 3 channels open on Mibbit along with PS + random tabs.

• Last thing might be a little too out of question, but I'll ask anyways. On PO we have the option to have a music folder and put our music in it to listen to when we battle. Would it be possible to maybe have a tab under Ladder for Jukebox. We could add in our own songs to play in battle and have the option of listen to them outside while chatting. I know we can just mute and play our own music, but by doing so we also mute the Pokemon cries.

Yes, those are planned.

It should be noted that right now, while data changes won't appear in the UI (i.e. they won't be visible in the teambuilder or in mouseovers etc), they'll still work fine in-battle.
Ah thanks! I just tested it by replacing a pokemon and it works.

Is there a mailing list or something for server updates? Or should I just keep an eye on Git?

Would it be possible for the teams to be saved serverside so when I login on a phone I wouldn't have to rebuild the team? Also.. has anyone else tried the mobile version? It's realllly slow for me and I had almost built my team but then it disconnected so I haven't been able to give it a thorough test. I like what I see on the computer version though :D

This client is obscenely pretty. I've had friends who've passively observed me laddering on shoddy battle then pokemon online since 2008 excalim when they saw this. It's an amazing progression from static sprites, white background, text description. Well done to the developers!

Stratos

Banned deucer.
A timestamp on chat messages and pms (especially the latter) would probably be very useful so if, say, i was gone for a while, come back, and there's a pm, i would know if it was recent or not.

Love it.

Because i play PS most of the time on the iPad, i would love a animation-free UI and maybe a more Tablet-optimized BattleWindow.

But it is great, nothing to add.

I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I'm curious: What will be Showdown's final approach to Sleep Clause?

I ask because with the imminent release of Meloetta our implementation of Sleep Clause only makes it more likely that situations will arise in which game mechanics are not faithfully adhered to. I only ask because I know that Smogon's general philosophy on this is to mirror game mechanics as closely as possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)