Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

What a crazy starting board. Also Bellossom spawns two rows of Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume as a disruption. It's doable itemless but you are mostly relying on Gloom's Paralyse activating and if all else fails, it's disruption dumping on the bottom two rows. 15% + 3% per turn capture rate, managed to catch it in a Poké Ball at 30% with Mega Rayquaza Sky Blast + three Gloom Paralyse procs.

No new content other than Bellossom, Thundurus, Swampert, and the Pinsir event tomorrow as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Yes, it will be a very quick week. Will catch Bellosom in the day, and try Mega Swampert in the week, I have 90K gold, so I will maybe start the latest new Stages (post MMY)

What a crazy starting board. Also Bellossom spawns two rows of Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume as a disruption. It's doable itemless but you are mostly relying on Gloom's Paralyse activating and if all else fails, it's disruption dumping on the bottom two rows. 15% + 3% per turn capture rate, managed to catch it in a Poké Ball at 30% with Mega Rayquaza Sky Blast + three Gloom Paralyse procs.

No new content other than Bellossom, Thundurus, Swampert, and the Pinsir event tomorrow as mentioned earlier in this thread.
It's actually pretty doable itemless. I beat it first try with Mega Charizard Y, Heatran, Lugia and Gloom and caught it on the second attempt. Of course it involves a little luck, but that's something you can say about nearly every stage in this game.

I decided to have some fun with it by using an AP+ and using mega sceptile. Managed to complete it in 8 turns and thankfully caught it without having to spend any more...

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
New Content
Free Skill Booster M
Safari with Elgyem, Drowzee, Frillish-F, Beheeyem, Hypno, Jellicent-F, and Mesprit
Electivire Great Challenge (This costs coins to play for 3DS users!)
Item Drops after catching Pokémon

Returning Content
Groudon Great Challenge (This costs coins to play for 3DS users!)
Wobbuffet Items
Daily Pokémon #4

Future Content
Magmortar Great Challenge (This costs coins to play for 3DS users!)
Kyogre Great Challenge (This costs coins to play for 3DS users!)
Carnivine Items
Ash Greninja High-Speed Challenge

Safari
Elgyem: Base 50 Psychic-type w/ Block Smash. ~ 25%
Beheeyem: Base 60 Psychic-type w/ Rock Break. ~ 8%
Drowzee: Base 50 Psychic-type w/ Sleep Charm. ~ 24%
Hypno: Base 60 Psychic-type w/ Sleep Combo (×1.5 DMG for combo vs. Sleeping Targets). ~ 8%
Frillish-F: Base 50 Ghost-type w/ Vitality Drain. ~ 25%
Jellicent-F: Base 60 Ghost-type w/ Mind Zap. ~ 8%
Mesprit: Base 70 Psychic-type w/ Sleep Charm. ~ 2%

Challenges
Electivire: Base 70 Electric-type w/ T-Boost (T-Shaped match deals 2× DMG).
Magmortar: Base 70 Fire-type w/ +-Boost (+-Shaped match deals 2× DMG).

Should be up to date now. No event mega at the time of looking at the Pastebin.

Last edited:

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Damn so they managed to get that stupid pay (coins) to play system into 3DS as well, hopefully it'll take them a whole bunch of time before they think about adjusting item prices as well .-.

Reactions: JES
Warning for Electivire: He spams a lot of Blocks in the odd numbered Columns. Bring Golurk to break them, but I used a Mega Start with Aerodactyl. I went with items since I didn't wanna keep shelling out coins for repeated attempts.

Frillish and Jellicent in the Safari spawn coins for disruptions, and magic type seems to be Dark or Ghost.

Caught Wynaut and Wobbuffet ! I guess that Groudon Event is repeated for the ... 6th time maybe ? And finally ranked 14th for Swampertite.

Next week won't be very busy !

• Kyogre Repeat
  • Carnivine Repeat
  • Ash-Greninja Repeat
  • Magmortar

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory

Double Gift Groudon is possible. It drops a gift at random after being hit with probably like a 1-2% chance of dropping it. Who knows. This is the second time I got a double gift. At least it does not cost hearts to play so you can farm Groudon for a max power Quake to romp through Survival Mode with!

As for Safari, I have caught all bar Mesprit who has not shown up yet. One thing to note is that if you bring a safari Pokmon to a stage and its stage turns up, you can coin farm off it.

Double Gift Groudon is possible. It drops a gift at random after being hit with probably like a 1-2% chance of dropping it. Who knows. This is the second time I got a double gift. At least it does not cost hearts to play so you can farm Groudon for a max power Quake to romp through Survival Mode with!

As for Safari, I have caught all bar Mesprit who has not shown up yet. One thing to note is that if you bring a safari Pokmon to a stage and its stage turns up, you can coin farm off it.
Interesting for the 2 ghosts ... Less for the two Psychic (or pray the RNG God).

For Groudon, it seems that we have to control the damage like for the Meowth stage level 37 : don't kill it too quickly ! :)

So does anyone have recommendations for what to bring for Groudon farming? I wanna clean out the Safari, but that might be good to have in mind. Is the idea to get combos, or individual hits (like 5 hit combo vs 5 hits over 5 moves)?

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus

Just saw a facebook post where they got 3 gifts, there's probably no limit to it. Has there been any confirmation of other stages dropping skill boosters as well?

Edit: Got 2 myself on my first try but I'll probably just stop there, don't have enough coins to go crazy on it.

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
So does anyone have recommendations for what to bring for Groudon farming? I wanna clean out the Safari, but that might be good to have in mind. Is the idea to get combos, or individual hits (like 5 hit combo vs 5 hits over 5 moves)?
I've just been using a Mega Sceptile team. You would want to aim for five hit combos because a) more hits = more chances to drop a booster, and b) you still need to deal at least 11k DMG over 20 turns on a stage full of rocks so it's better to just play like normal.
Just saw a facebook post where they got 3 gifts, there's probably no limit to it. Has there been any confirmation of other stages dropping skill boosters as well?

Edit: Got 2 myself on my first try but I'll probably just stop there, don't have enough coins to go crazy on it.
Only Groudon at the moment. Kyogre will drop some next week and maybe Ash-Greninja (also next week).

I did something today I never thought I'd do: I threw a Jewel in a Safari stage.

OK, it was Mespirit and I beat it on the next move, but still.

I can't believe I now have to shell out coins just to get a chance to catch Electivire! I mean, sure, now I have a job, so I can soon spend the money, but they more they try to make me pay for services to keep up with the Jones, the more I get frustrated.

What's next? Having to pay to play? Period?

I did something today I never thought I'd do: I threw a Jewel in a Safari stage.

OK, it was Mespirit and I beat it on the next move, but still.
Same for me man ... The RNG God wasn't with me ... No sleep charm, No Crowd Control Genesect, no good skyfall combo with Mega Gar ... F*** that, and I use a Jewel and ensure the capture with a Great Ball but SAFARI IS DONE !
Also, I spend 9 hearts on Torkoal (always with %rate >30 %)

Caught Easily Electivire using a Mega Aero + Power Up

And after 8 * 400 gold for Groudon, I managed to get 2 skills boosts for Quake (so level 2) ... is there any trigger ?

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I can't believe I now have to shell out coins just to get a chance to catch Electivire! I mean, sure, now I have a job, so I can soon spend the money, but they more they try to make me pay for services to keep up with the Jones, the more I get frustrated.

Try playing on Mobile... Meowth farming is a lot harder and we have to pay for a lot of the "Special" stages. Also every single mon has a lower catch rate too (I think anyway). Loads of guides say things like Ninetales are really good, but... I've tried that stage about 20 times and still no capture.

Upto stage 147, stuck on Togekiss... The Mega Swampert competition wiped out most of my coins too :( With being able to only farm 100 coins (300 if I am super lucky, 500 about once in a million) per Meowth it takes a loooooong time to get back the coins I spent. I point blank refuse to pay for anything which you can get ingame with enough time, but it sucks sometimes with how long the time actually is haha

I... Don't understand why this bothers you so much?
1 Meowth heart=320 coins(minimum)=1 electivire run+20 coins...

Last edited:
I like that Electivire ability is a T shape ... T like Thunderbolt often shortened like T-bolt. And for his counterpart Magmortar ? + ! Like Fireblast in the anime who is almost a X/* shape ! And Magmar was one the rare Pokemon to learn it naturally in gen 2 :)

Ugh I didn't catch Mesprit the first time I saw it, now it's taking forever to show up again. T.T

I can't @ us having to pay for the damn stages now though. As if the struggle wasn't already real before.

Did special stages formerly cost hearts for the 3DS? I'm a Mobile player and usually skip the stages that cost gold unless they're a good pokemon.

I'm stuck on Aromatisse in the main stages. This stage is a pain.

Did special stages formerly cost hearts for the 3DS? I'm a Mobile player and usually skip the stages that cost gold unless they're a good pokemon.

I'm stuck on Aromatisse in the main stages. This stage is a pain.
Always a heart :) And it changed yesterday :(

zero2exe

is a Contributor Alumnus
Just caught mesprit so that finishes the safari for me. Now to gather some coins backs and maybe farm a couple of skill boosters from groudon later.

I... Don't understand why this bothers you so much?
1 Meowth heart=320 coins(minimum)=1 electivire run+20 coins...
Coins I could spend elsewhere. Time saved is timed earned. And I dare not try to farm the Groudon stage until after I'm done with Safari, Virizion, and Terrakion. The fact that it appeared first on Mobile does not provide any excuse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)