Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Oh ok 61% is probably higher than my shot out team winrate, so I'll try that. One more thing: Is it worth skill swapping Buzzwole?
Don't use a skill swapper on Buzzwole, Demolish is a really good ability. Beast Power is just a weaker version of Unity Power, which already is a rather mediocre ability (at least in my opinion). The only Ultra Beast I swapped is Nihilego, and I did it just because I desperately needed a poison-type burst damager.

Yeah, Nihilego I swapped, the others even Guzzlord stayed the same and they seem to do fine even if Kart's ability doesn't come up much but Demolish is really nice on Buzz. Caught Pheromosa and maxed Hammering Streak. Now to spend my day earning some coins (smart me....was so concentrated on MG, forgot about weekend Meowth)

Last edited:
Eh...I once forgot to play one or two Sunday Meowth matches after unlocking them with a jewel...not to mention the times I mistakenly chose Mega Mewtwo X or forgot to buy M+5...Shuffle is a somewhat ripetitive game, so it's easy to go into autopilot mode and mess something up.
As for this week's results, I've maxed Hammering Streak on Metagross too and also got Tyrantrum's Block Shot to SL5. Now I'm farming coins to prepare for S-Tyranitar, just in case I decide to farm it. Do you guys think it's worth the effort?

Wow I didn't have the hearts/time to max Hammering Streak, only managed to get it to SL4. Might throw some cookies on it if I really need to for any reason. If only it costed 1 heart instead...

I was going to say, I never use Shiny Tyranitar in its normal form, but I might give it a Shot (see what I did there?) if the stage is easy to grab a few levels.

Also, I'm sitting on 78 MSUs so I'm considering giving them to Shiny Metagross, but I guess Hammering Streak is a better ability? idk.

Last edited:
Interestingly.....I didn't have winking Chimchar or Blissey, so I picked those up this week. Zygarde Complete is probably too expensive to bother so I'm going to continue Diancie at least till 200 and then not sure which I'll pick up after that.

I caught them both too, now it's time to get them to SL5. Blissey shouldn't be a problem, as I'm near max coins, but Chimchar will probably require a NHN or two, depending on my luck with the drops.

I don't really have anything to work on this week, so Blissey for SM2 farming it shall be. Chimchar is a luxury I can hit on next lap, or I could skll swap and grind Flareon if I need a Fire type instead. Honestly just kind of biding time until Zygarde Escalation comes back for Typeless Combo farming. I'm taking that one to SL5 if possible, hope it's not the kind where every post-end stage is that boss again.

Post-300 stages are just like 300, so it's imperative to max TC before getting to that point. That shouldn't be a problem, however, if one is willing to decline angry skips, as maxing a 150 skill point ability with 25/25/25 drop rate requires on average 200 plays.

Alright, so I'll probably skip lower level angries on Zygarde since those don't really have a failure chance of note and I need the easier PSB's.

Honestly I thought after they stopped updating the game it would be more chill. Nope, because of the 24 week cycle, you're still essentially rushed to try to complete/max everything within the week or wait 24 weeks before it comes back. Like I said before it's better with competitions and EBs because the rewards are more or less the same, but PSB farming is such a pain. I consider myself more than casual (in that I don't ever let my hearts go to max when I'm awake and not at work), but even then I've had to pop a jewel or two on NHNs to max some skills.

What do you guys think? I know complaining won't do anything because GS is unlikely to ever touch the game again unless there are major bugs, but maybe I'm just overreacting a little here? Or just a little too OCD about having to max out all the useful skills every week?

It can get frustrating at times especially when you're getting zero drops (Cradily has yet to drop anything when I'm burning hearts between Blissey runs) but at least I can focus more on something each week and know I won't fall further behind on the levels because it's not going past 700.

Honestly I thought after they stopped updating the game it would be more chill. Nope, because of the 24 week cycle, you're still essentially rushed to try to complete/max everything within the week or wait 24 weeks before it comes back. Like I said before it's better with competitions and EBs because the rewards are more or less the same, but PSB farming is such a pain. I consider myself more than casual (in that I don't ever let my hearts go to max when I'm awake and not at work), but even then I've had to pop a jewel or two on NHNs to max some skills.

What do you guys think? I know complaining won't do anything because GS is unlikely to ever touch the game again unless there are major bugs, but maybe I'm just overreacting a little here? Or just a little too OCD about having to max out all the useful skills every week?
To be honest, this 24-week cycle thing put a lot of pressure on me too. As I'm not willing to wait 6 months to play a stage again, I feel compelled to farm everything I consider useful, even if that means skipping escalations/competitions altogether. Farming both Blissey and Chimchar, for example, is proving extremely aggravating, mainly because of their poor drop rate. Luckily, there are a few quiet weeks here and there (next week for example has nothing but Darkrai), so there's time to relax a bit and recover coins without having to spend a ton of jewels on Sunday Meowth.

To be honest, this 24-week cycle thing put a lot of pressure on me too. As I'm not willing to wait 6 months to play a stage again, I feel compelled to farm everything I consider useful, even if that means skipping escalations/competitions altogether. Farming both Blissey and Chimchar, for example, is proving extremely aggravating, mainly because of their poor drop rate. Luckily, there are a few quiet weeks here and there (next week for example has nothing but Darkrai), so there's time to relax a bit and recover coins without having to spend a ton of jewels on Sunday Meowth.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'll be on vacation for a week , so I'm planning to leave my 3DS behind and take a break from the game as well. Luckily it's a slow week so I guess I won't miss out on too much. I even started on the UX stages instead of going far on Diancie.

Well Blissey has been nice today in the two times I've got to play her throwing down 3 boosters but I think I'll be really lucky if I get her to 4 before the week is over.

Blissey's just reached SL4, but...my God, what a nightmare! One of the worst farming sessions since the introduction of skill levels, that's for sure...I've already spent more than 50k coins, and I still have 50 PSBs to farm. Sigh..aren't Blissey's eggs said to bring happiness? Well, I'm not happy, not at all!

I'm finally done with Chimchar and Blissey, and I'm glad it's over, I was really tired of playing Blissey's stage. It's a relief that next week has nothing important to do, so I'll probably reach stage 100 on Darkrai Escalation, then I'll continue working on Sylveon (currently at SL~3.5).

I decided I didn't want the hassle (Blissey just drove me nuts even against my best fighting team) and just went back to doing S rankings to get the expert pokemon I don't have yet.

Sooner or later I'll have to do that too. I'm just a few S-Ranks away from unlocking UX stages, which will then be used to unlock the remaining expert stages. All this will be delayed until the second cycle though, as I still have a lot of things to farm that will require most of the available hearts.

So I went over a week without playing and I can say I didn't miss the game at all. Probably not going to quit, per se, but definitely lessens the pressure to max everything.

I simply did Darkrai.....nothing else of note until tonight when I decided to muck about with Kingdra a bit....didn't even play all afternoon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)