Other Pokemon: Smogon Version OU [Route 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
TLS Coder Zarel (See this for reference)
Before Battle: Hi! I'm new here! Can you give me some times please?!

Mankey @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Level: 25
- U-turn
- Brick Break
- Theif
- Dig

Torkoal @ White Herb
Ability: Shell Armor
- Shell Smash
- Flame Wheel
- Rock Tomb
- Bulldoze

Ludicolo @ Damp Rock
Ability: Swift Swim
- Rain Dance
- Bubble Beam
- Mega Drain
- Icy Wind

Weedle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Poison Point
Level: 30
- Poison Sting
- Bug Bite
- Electro Web
- String Shot

Doesn't have to be zarel or anything, but...
I think Shell Smash Torkoal might be a lil much at this point, just cuz shell smash is a really friggen strong boosting move (then again, so is belly drum, so meh)

Zarel While I do not know why you were tagged, since you were you deserve some explanation. TLS (Team Luck Sack) is an organization of people trying to get stupid uncompetetive BS unbanned like evasion and OHKO moves. A lot of these folks also happen to be rather bad at battling and use silly things like sand attack hippopotas or F.E.A.R. Donphan. Articuno proposed you as a TLS grunt for some reason or another.

My personal opinion on the matter is that Zarel deserves a bit better then this. I wouldn't mind him being the "Bill" of our game to be quite honest.

DoW

formally Death on Wings
I think Shell Smash Torkoal might be a lil much at this point, just cuz shell smash is a really friggen strong boosting move (then again, so is belly drum, so meh)

Zarel While I do not know why you were tagged, since you were you deserve some explanation. TLS (Team Luck Sack) is an organization of people trying to get stupid uncompetetive BS unbanned like evasion and OHKO moves. A lot of these folks also happen to be rather bad at battling and use silly things like sand attack hippopotas or F.E.A.R. Donphan. Articuno proposed you as a TLS grunt for some reason or another.

My personal opinion on the matter is that Zarel deserves a bit better then this. I wouldn't mind him being the "Bill" of our game to be quite honest.
The point of it was the replay I posted which involved zarel using three similar pokes, I thought it might be funny to include this kind of thing as a reference though other people could be involved as well. I know Jasmine did some similar games at one point.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
WebBowser said:
Zarel has been accepted as Bill of here by Chou earlier iirc, and we can introduce him in next town i guess, or maybe his family telling he's in some other town.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I also imagined Zarel as the Bill of this game-- maybe introduce him in the next Town.

(yeah I know, up till now we've kind of been following the framework of RBY, but I'm of that generation and don't remember the plot details of the other gens clearly enough-- funny since I played them all extensively, but I guess they didn't leave a lasting impression).

If anyone has ideas for large sections of upcoming routes, they can on me.

Btw, after a few more days, might move on--

Last call for TM suggestions, Pokemon suggestions, and grunts/NPCs

Basically Chou beat me to the punch with that. Getting wrap up on last minute stuff (design of place if you want, TMs) and wrapping up. The wrap-up is gonna include the prior route and the one after due to the wishes of that being a bit shorter with no trainers (like how we had done with the forest and all) but that can be a bit up for debate.

All in all its coming bout two days time so almost time to a new section to. Discuss.

Yeah, the route between the volcano and town 2 should be short with no trainers and an optional patch of grass, the player needs a breather after the rather brutal EV bridge and the TLS infested volcano.

Anyway, Imma make a grunt real quick. I think 5-7 grunts is enough for the purposes of this place.

TLS Grunt

Venonat @ Leftovers
Ability: Compound Eyes
Level: 29
EVs: 33 HP / 71 Atk / 5 Def / 91 SpA / 61 SpD / 49 Spe
Serious Nature
-
-
- Psybeam
- Sleep Powder

Haunter @ Wide Lens
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 33 HP / 61 Atk / 52 Def / 91 SpA / 45 SpD / 37 Spe
- Hypnosis
- Mean Look
- Curse
- Night Shade

Jumpluff @ Wide Lens
Ability: Infiltrator
Level: 27
EVs: 111 HP / 92 Atk / 71 Def / 69 SpA / 37 SpD / 81 Spe
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Silver Wind
- Aerial Ace

Intro Quote: I've found a tactic that makes my opponent unable to do anything! There's no way I can lose!

Loss Quote: Noooo, how were you able to do stuff?

Outro Quote: I thought I was innovating hardcore too...

Fear dat mixed Jumpluff. Also, random nonsensical EVs ftw

Right y'all, you have a little over 3 hours before the wrap up gets posted so if you have anything left you REALLY want to add to the volcano then go for it or forever hold your peace!

To be added soon...!

Wrap up of the entire section of Volcano! (Route 4-5!)

Well that was an interesting little discussion. Time to get to what is going in and what isn't!

Lets start with Route 4 of course! Available pokemon on this route are:

Rhyhorn lvl 16-20 (uncommon)
Chimchar lvl 17-19 (rare)

It was also decided that this mountain will have two exits, with one leading north to reach another route (this path can be accessed even after the volcano does its eruption thingy).

In this route we have an entire group of people who seem are giving you a challenge: beat all of them, and you get a nugget! Their teams are all based around one type of EV and cant be found specifically in this route's hide tag for more detail on what they each have teamwise.

Right before we get to the cave we get to meet a fossil seller. He doesnt do a lot but he does sell fossils of the three kanto fossil mons (OU viable ones they are) and gives a slight warning on the volcano you are about to enter along with a Hiker who pleas with you to take these Escape Ropes for “just in case”.

Route 4 Hide Tag

Now on to the big part of the route, the actual mountain of a Volcano. Here we have quite a bit of stuff going on, with Luck sack causing random invasion to a two tier place that opens up later in the game to allow the capture of Heatran and Entei (before, ya know, erupting). On to what Pokemon are capturable in Mt. Dogars!

Note this is structured in two, the late game stage of return and when we arrive now.

Floors 1-3
Charmander lvl 14--20 (super rare)
Larvitar lvl 15-20 (uncommon)
Ferroseed lvl 15-18 (Zubat levels of Common)
Rhyhorn lvl 20-24 (Common)
Meditite lvl 18-24 (uncommon)
Gligar lvl 22-25 (uncommon)
Sableye lvl 18-26 (rare)

Deep Chamber Levels (floors 4-5)
Larvesta lvl 50-56 (uncommon)
Charizard lvl 52-57 (rare)
Excadrill lvl 53-56 (common)
Items down there include Earthquake and Fire Blast

Ya never notice how few fire types are on the viability thread till ya decide to gander at it....Oh well. Least ya got Chimchar and Charmeleon as options over Larvesta :D

Once you enter the cave you don’t see a whole lot. A Tm for Flamethrower is seen, but out of reach, ( near path that can lead to exit), a crazy Super Nerd who is named after a chipmunk, and some items scattered here or there (Great Balls and several Burn Heals).

Then this guy shows up....albeit it starts slightly delayed. You run into one hapless Luck Sack Grunt (our first real confrontation with them happens here) that is confused where everyone went, and fight him. After beating him you follow him down a floor, and lord and behold, there are a lot more of the buggers. You, the ever faithful hero, charge in, and the plot of the whole encounter can be found here in SparksBlade 's post: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-smogon-version-ou-route-4.3510993/page-44#post-5776458

Then you fight the leader of this current assault after beating god knows how many grunts, Gororbachello who leaves after his teams collective might was not enough.

Volcano's Hide tag
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-smogon-version-ou-route-4.3510993/page-42#post-5760636 Descriptions on how the volcano sorta works.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-smogon-version-ou-route-4.3510993/page-42#post-5759519 Charmeleon Proposal

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-smogon-version-ou-route-4.3510993/page-42#post-5759619 Larvitar Proposal

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-smogon-version-ou-route-4.3510993/page-42#post-5759646 Ferroseed Proposal

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-smogon-version-ou-route-4.3510993/page-42#post-5760657 Rhyhorn Proposal

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-smogon-version-ou-route-4.3510993/page-42#post-5761312 Gligar Proposal

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-smogon-version-ou-route-4.3510993/page-42#post-5761979 Meditite and Larvesta proposal

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-smogon-version-ou-route-4.3510993/page-43#post-5762524 Sableye Proposal

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-smogon-version-ou-route-4.3510993/page-44#post-5776458 Luck Sack Plot for Mt. Dogars

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-smogon-version-ou-route-4.3510993/page-43#post-5768392 Luck Sack Grunt 1

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-smogon-version-ou-route-4.3510993/page-44#post-5772978 Luck Sack Grunt 2

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-smogon-version-ou-route-4.3510993/page-44#post-5779327 Luck Sack Grunt 3

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-smogon-version-ou-route-4.3510993/page-44#post-5779346 Luck Sack Grunt 4

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-smogon-version-ou-route-4.3510993/page-45#post-5780771 Luck Sack Grunt 5

(Luck Sack Grunts 6-8 are duplicates of the of 1, 3, and 5 respectively)

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-smogon-version-ou-route-4.3510993/page-44#post-5776432 Gorbachello Leader Fight

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-smogon-version-ou-route-4.3510993/page-43#post-5771069 Super Nerd fight right before we engage the first grunt.

Gah, so much fighting. The player pretty much leaves the Volcano battle worn and bruised, swearing that every Ferroseed shall now die a fiery death and that Team Luck Sack is even more stupid than he had realized and ventures into Route 5. Peaceful a little bit, but its almost an exact duplicate of Route four in design and Pokemon available except no NPCs what so ever. A sorta of sweet nice little victory to have before god knows what you'll find in the next town.

God damn it I was 3 minutes late with that..........Oh well at least its there. Start theorizing bout what could come next before we bring up the next area's guidelines!

Last edited:
Question: Any good reason why charmander doesn't appear in the volcano? Given how awesome charizard is, I see zero reason to not make his preevo available to the player (unless you for some reason don't like giving players access to starter pokemon in the wild, in which case why da eff is charmeleon here?)

Question: Any good reason why charmander doesn't appear in the volcano? Given how awesome charizard is, I see zero reason to not make his preevo available to the player (unless you for some reason don't like giving players access to starter pokemon in the wild, in which case why da eff is charmeleon here?)
I did Charmeleon cause we are passed Charmander''s natural level range was all. Didn't really think much of it besides that bud.

I did Charmeleon cause we are passed Charmander''s natural level range was all. Didn't really think much of it besides that bud.
I really don't mind having overleveled, unevolved wild pokemon, especially when they haven't been introduced yet. Trainers are another story, but due to things like capture rates and evolved mons being considerably more rare then unevolved, I think it's fine for level 20+ wild charmanders to be a thing.

On a separate topic, is it just me or are we leveling up really really fast? Like, it looks like we're going to be ~level 30 by the time we hit the second gym. Is this good?

I really don't mind having overleveled, unevolved wild pokemon, especially when they haven't been introduced yet. Trainers are another story, but due to things like capture rates and evolved mons being considerably more rare then unevolved, I think it's fine for level 20+ wild charmanders to be a thing.

On a separate topic, is it just me or are we leveling up really really fast? Like, it looks like we're going to be ~level 30 by the time we hit the second gym. Is this good?
Seeing as the Elite Four/Champion are going to be level 100, I think this is a good leveling curve. Might have to slow down around gyms 6-7, but I think it'll be fine

I deleveled a lot of that but its what happens when we do that many trainers/wild mons. Its fine tho, the second gym is level 30 as well so it can be a little more even. And eh, its how the submission was sent. I Can just throw it in then as Charmander but I still don't mind keeping it Charmeleon for pure laziness (still gonna edit it sadly)

Since I was the person who made the Sabelye request, I would like to request that its max level is dropped to 26 if that is okay
Done and lord its silly scrolling through that post at times. So many proposals and stuff....

Anyway, we are just waiting a little but in meantime, yall think of any other name? Dogars was only real one that was standing out but im still open to others.

Lava Cove? It fits the criteria of A. Being a fire place and B. being a hole in the side of something. Also Heatran.
Any other names are either A. Stupid or B. plagiarised. I seriously doubt anyone would like Lethal Lava Cave
Edit: Cove is a bayside thing. This is why I should research. All I got now is Magmar Mountain.

I could go for lethal lava cove

I'm not sure why we give a crap about plagiarism atm tbqh, since 1. this is a thought experiment, and lol @ regulating those and 2. We don't exactly own pokemon, so if we did care about plagiarism in this thought experiment (which would be dumb), there's not much point in continuing.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright folks, moving onto the next town (which also will have a gym).

Taking recs for TYPE of next gym, and basic outline info about the town size, features, NPCs, etc

For the next gym's type, I'll nominate Ice. It's a bit of an odd choice for early in the game, but I think it's best to save the pokemon with the stronger typings on the OU viability ranking for later in the game (for example, it'd be odd to have a Rock gym without Sand/Tyranitar available to the leader), and with Ice, we could include every Ice type bar Kyurem-B without creating any unfair matchups.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
For the next gym's type, I'll nominate Ice. It's a bit of an odd choice for early in the game, but I think it's best to save the pokemon with the stronger typings on the OU viability ranking for later in the game (for example, it'd be odd to have a Rock gym without Sand/Tyranitar available to the leader), and with Ice, we could include every Ice type bar Kyurem-B without creating any unfair matchups.
We've just come out of a volcano full of fire types, and magnemite and timburr have been provided, so it won't be much of a challenge. Actually an ice-type gym won't be much of a challenge due to lack of good Pokémon in large numbers.

I'm going to nominate Fairy. All notable fairies are capable of evolving before or on level 30 and fairy is certainly a viable type.

We've just come out of a volcano full of fire types, and magnemite and timburr have been provided, so it won't be much of a challenge. Actually an ice-type gym won't be much of a challenge due to lack of good Pokémon in large numbers.
I was thinking of a hyper offensive spike stacking team for the leader, something like Froslass, Piloswine (or Mamoswine), Weavile, Spinblocker, Defiant Pawniard (if anything we have currently has access to Defog) and one other pokemon with decent type synergy, which could make for a fairly challenging team.

Fairy could be interesting, and it's certainly viable, as it's got some of the best pokemon in OU (Clefable, Azumarill, Mega Gardevoir). Gardevoir evolves at level 30, so theoretically the leader could have a Mega Gardevoir... food for thought.

Last edited:
Yet not reliable special wall or a Mon that moves faster than 100 speed for our guys (unless you want to be forced to run sand rush) so I say no there on a Mega garde.

Yeah, mega gard, even without hyper voice, would be far, far too strong.

I personally would like to nom ground type. We already have a ton of viable ground types like hippo, mole, and ryhorn, and it makes a lot of sense from a flavour perspective given we're right next to an active volcano (I don't want to do fire yet because I want megazard to be a part of it, who would be blatantly op at this point).

Perhaps we make gabite the signature mon?

SparksBlade

Community Leader
Yes i believe that Fairy, Fire, and Dragon should be later gyms, and Ground seems fine to me as we have a lot of Pokemon that can be used to build a Sand team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)