Pokemon Street Fighter: it exists

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tkoRbkGt1I

Some of you guys may have already seen this, since it's pretty old, but I couldn't find a thread for it, so...

Basically, this is a fanmade Pokemon and Street Fighter fusion that is really well made. The animations are smooth and the characters look great. I've heard rumors that a former Pokemon anime artist provided the art, but I'm not sure if that's true. It would explain the high quality.

The only problem is the moonrunes. I can't decipher anything, and while most of the important stuff is translated, other stuff like flavor text and the winning screens are all gobbledy-gook. I also can't figure out the combos. Granted, I don't usually like tournament fighters but I've made an exception here, so I'm not too experienced in this regard. As long as mashing buttons works, I'm set.

I also heard there's a way to use the Lunaport program for 2 player online PvP, but it wasn't designed for this game specifically and I have no clue how to use it.

So yeah, overall, I think this is a great game, and I want to spread it around and see who else thinks this is a great idea.

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?f7bcbocy14kb6gv

I found this few days ago, and have downloaded it, and it's great. I love how Swalot has a Pinsir inside of him ready to attack lol, and how Gengar uses a newspaper, surfing board, and a hammer to attack.

p.s. blaziken against breloom is hard for me. (me being Blaziken)

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I play as Breloom, and Blaziken gives me trouble, if only because the computer won't stop spamming that flaming kick that hits up to 3-4 times. Snorlax is also a load of crap. That thing is morbidly obese and moves around like it's a feather. There is no way it can be that agile.

Haha, I've played this a few times, but it seems to be springing up in popularity recently.

I really should try playing it again, and then maybe we can organize some matches? Me and Cartoons were supposed to brawl but never got around to it.

Hi guys I have downloaded this and have set up a group to hopefully get some battles aranged.

The group

Anyway I am about to play it and was wondering, is it like C.A.P Battle or what ever it is called?

breh

強いだね
because gf is too lazy to make good spinoffs

see the dissapointment that was pokemon rumble :(

This is awesome. It would be great if they made a game like this for the 3DS. I'd definitly buy it along with a 3DS.

~ Aether Nexus

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
Latest download link: http://www.pokesho.com/img_zip/1/typewild_090611.exe
Netplay tool: http://www.mediafire.com/?fkmny0qozyz

extract everything into the same folder.

Open lunaport.ini, scroll to the bottom, change GameEXE=somethingsomething.exe to GameEXE=TYPE WILD.exe (or whatever you've it named to)

Below that, change CheckEXECRC=1 to CheckEXECRC=0. Save and close.

To host, you MUST have port 7500 opened (you can change it to anything else in lunaport.ini, along with your name, it's one of the first options). If you can't forward ports, you could use hamachi I guess.

When you want to netplay, open lunaport.exe, type 1 and hit enter if you want to host, or type 2 hit enter and write/CP your opponent's IP into it. If your opponent isn't using the same port as you, you'd have to specify it like this; 123.123.123.123:#, where # is the port he's using. So if he's using pot 87542, you'd connect to 123.123.123.123:87542 (123.123.123.123 is your opp's IP).

This game is not that good of a fighting game to be honest (there are a few infinites and pressure isn't that great), but if you're playing it as a pokemon fan and not a FG fan, everything should be fine.

It has really good animation.

edit: if Type Wild refuses to run, try extracting it in JP locale (through Microsoft Applocale), and set compat mode to Win2k.

P.S.: I think an official Pokemon fighting game would be a commercial failure. Unless it was like Brawl, which is not exactly a fighting game in Street Fighter sense; then you're looking at entirely something else.

what is the zangief equivalent
Swalot has the grand total of 1 command grab. Gardevoir has one too.

I tried playing this and I just can't do it on a keyboard, WASD as opposed to an analog stick feels horrible for motions and movement in fighting games for me. I might try it again if I get a way of connecting my xbox controller to the PC. I ended up using Gengar and spamming hard punch to slap the shit out of everyone with the newspaper, it's an amazing move.

So weird. A friend just showed me this a few days ago. Unfortunately, I suck horribly at Street Fighter and the like. And the keyboard only exacerbates this problem.

Also, the default of 'up is spacebar and not W' was hilarious. I honestly though my Snorlax just couldn't jump when I played it the first time, since I never bothered looking at the key layout beforehand XD

Is there a move list anywhere? Most of them are easy to figure out without knowing Japanese (for Breloom its obvious that 4 symbol 6P means hold 4, 6P. And symbol P symbol means press P repeatedly) but I can't figure out how to do most of Gengars moves or what the fan dance thing does.

If someone hits you while you're doing the fan dance it's a counter move. Against characters without projectiles you can basically spam it and almost be invincible.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
Is there a move list anywhere? Most of them are easy to figure out without knowing Japanese (for Breloom its obvious that 4 symbol 6P means hold 4, 6P. And symbol P symbol means press P repeatedly) but I can't figure out how to do most of Gengars moves or what the fan dance thing does.
In the game folder, there's 技表.gif with all the moves.

タメ are charge moves. so < タメ >+P is hold back, press forward and a punch.

Gengar's P+P must be pressed at the same time.

Breloom's super is press P, release, hold down P. I NEVER got that super down, so if you want you can try mashing it out. That's the only way my friend could get it to work.

Also, some pokemon have extra attacks with Up/^ on the ground. They must be pressed at the same time, that is, up and an attack button. Gengar has up-HP (hardpunch) and up-HK(up-hardkick, overhead)

Universal grabs are LP+LK, taunts are HP+HK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)