SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Discussion

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The stats that user TheMantyke gave to us: 105/96/60/101/63/126 (Hardy, IV: 20/31/20/31/20/31 EV: 128Atk 128SpA 252Spe) are likely fixed. I was curious about this so I asked AuzBat on PS what the stats the Greninja has & they were the exact same.

View attachment 71751
Edit: Bulbanews just reported Water Shuriken is now a Special move instead of Physical.
Using the Hardy, IV & EV spread, I may have figured out the base stats for Ash-Greninja!

I never thought I'd question if I want to spoil a demo of all things for myself. I really hope it releases by midnight in America because I kind of want to play through it fresh and read all the data mine stuff afterwards, but I might just cave and wash a live stream.

EDIT: Nevermind, guess this answers my questions. Live stream it is (Demo is releasing 10 AM EST in NA) https://twitter.com/NinWire/status/788193049281228801

Man I wish I have a capture card...

The stats that user TheMantyke gave to us: 105/96/60/101/63/126 (Hardy, IV: 20/31/20/31/20/31 EV: 128Atk 128SpA 252Spe) are likely fixed. I was curious about this so I asked AuzBat on PS what the stats the Greninja has & they were the exact same.

Using the Hardy, IV & EV spread, I may have figured out the base stats for Ash-Greninja!
Holy moly that's crazy.

Before Battle Bond: 72/95/67/103/71/122
After Battle Bond: 72/145/67/153/71/132

+50 Attack
+50 SpAtk
+10 Speed
... with no Mega Stone. And it's actually stronger than Protean Greninja (IIRC Protean was like giving it a ~140 SpA stat for non-STAB moves)

I'm terrified now.

... with no Mega Stone. And it's actually stronger than Protean Greninja

I'm terrified now.
Just imagine if we can just get a decent nature on this thing; it'll be a MiniMega-Ray. That's two guaranteed Ubers Starters from here on out.

... with no Mega Stone. And it's actually stronger than Protean Greninja (IIRC Protean was like giving it a ~140 SpA stat for non-STAB moves)

I'm terrified now.
252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 109-129 (33.6 - 39.8%) -- 20.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Battle Bond Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 142-169 (43.8 - 52.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

0 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 390-460 (107.1 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Life Orb Battle Bond Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 372-439 (102.1 - 120.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Everything that doesn't get STAB will be sligthly less powerful than Protean Greninja, and everything that does get STAB... this gen is going to be fun

At least GF made Greninja more suitable for Ubers lol.
I hope Protean gets in OU again.
and I hope Blaziken is OU.

jk they need to stay in Ubers send regards to M-Lucario whom I hope they nerfed, maybe buff all the starters (like Infernape) you goons at gamefreak. :[ That being said, Z Moves seem to be really strong, from a 95 BP T-Bolt to 175...sounds like it adds a +80 to a move, sounds really insane but for a one time move it sounds just like a solid wall breaking tool, but Pokemon like Kyurem-B getting it...dear god.

Before we get too hyped about Ash-Greninja... don't forget you have to get a kill with a Proteanless neutral speed Greninja before transforming AND even after that it won't be naturally faster than anything with more speed than base 115 if I'm not mistaken.

Riding Pokemon is so awesome and seamless. Press Y to access the ride menu, pick your Pokemon, and you ride straight away just like a bike.

Anyone got to see what is the boost that Battle Bond gives to Water Shuriken? Depending on what it is, we might have to toss away those Hydro Pump calculations...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)