SM OU Pokemon Sun and Moon Draft Team

Hey everyone! I just joined a draft league at my college and it's the first time I've really ever played competitive pokemon. For our league, we get three picks from each tier (OU, UU, RU, NU, PU). Since the sun and moon RU and below haven't come out, we are just using ORAS tierlists for them. So far, we have done our OU and UU picks, but there were a lot of good pokemon still left undrafted that I could still pick up and swap for something on my team right now. After a lot of testing, here's the team that I am running currently:

Tapu Lele @ Twisted Spoon
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Tapu Lele was my first overall pick mainly because I heard from a ton of people online that it is one of the best pokemon right now. For this team, I mainly use Lele to check Pheromosa's counters and get up a psychic terrain. For the most part, she is usually the 2nd to last pokemon I send in, but im not afraid to send her in earlier. For my set I chose to use twisted spoon for the extra power on psychic. I didnt want to use specs because i wanted the variety. Its usually easier to set up a calm mind on a switch.

Pheromosa @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- High Jump Kick
- Poison Jab
- Lunge

I think this is a standard Pheromosa set, i'm not quite sure. Usually this is the last pokemon i send in, and i use it purely as a late game physical sweeper. High Jump Kick OHKO most things that i face, lunge helps me against other physical attackers and gives me a strong bug move without having to swap out, and u-turn is for revenge killing. Most of my team revolves around Lele and Pheromosa.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Iron Head
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt

My last OU pick is Kyurem-Black, as BL counts as OU in our league. This pokemon is a great wallbreaker for my team and is a part of my fairy steel dragon core I have going. I have been testing a sub variant rn, but im not sure if this is the best set to run. I mainly use it as a tank that just plows through everything that my first two picks cant handle. I also use it as a lead sometimes.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost

Gliscor is the pokemon i use as my lead 9 times out of 10. No one on my team really counts as a lead really, but Gliscor can check a lot of things and force a switch. Plus, the recovery on this thing is insane. The set is something I took from smogon. This is my main check to electric types and is my reliable earthquake user.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

Bisharp is mainly used as my steel type in my fairy dragon steel core. Pursuit always catches people by surprise which is a huge bonus. It hits hard, but i really only use it to check fairy types. I like it, but it's definitely my weakest mon.

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Rapid Spin

Blastoise is mainly used as my utility spinner on this team. It supports the entire team by having rapid spin, and it usually has enough bulk to take a hit from anything so that I can use Haze. Most other Megas were off the board, and I feel like this support set will throw some people off.

A few things I'd like to say in conclusion: From what I play tested against, not mainy people really use physical attacks. Most people tend to use special attacks, which is why pokemon like blastoise and gliscor are built to be specially defensive. Another thing is that I still have my RU and below picks, so if theres any way someone could help me with those Id greatly appreciate it. Finally, I just want to say I'm sorry because IDK if this is in the right spot. I figured that since most of these pokemon are used in OU, it should go here, but it's also a draft league with pokemon from UU and below, not to mention that RU and below is mainly taken from ORAS. If I could at least get help building a team using OU and UU pokemon, Id greatly appreciate it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)