SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Story Spoiler Discussion (Read the OP)

I don't think so (I don't remember hearing it when listening to the OST), but we have a link to the full OST playlist in the OP if you want to check for yourself (they are just the songs themselves; no video).

But yeah, I liked that track, too.
well im also trying not to listen to a lot of the music (though I did cave on the red/blue theme)

it's pretty surprising if that theme was made solely for the trailer, they usually don't do that.

well im also trying not to listen to a lot of the music (though I did cave on the red/blue theme)

it's pretty surprising if that theme was made solely for the trailer, they usually don't do that.
Yeah, I just did a quick run through of all the tracks. No Legendaries Theme to be found. Most of the other trailer tracks are present and accounted for, but not it.

Also, no spoilers, but Lillie's Theme is simply precious :)

Yeah, I just did a quick run through of all the tracks. No Legendaries Theme to be found. Most of the other trailer tracks are present and accounted for, but not it.

Also, no spoilers, but Lillie's Theme is simply precious :)
maybe it will be on the official SM OST product

feel like it would have been perfect for a battle theme or an intro cutscene theme

I don't mind the idea of re-using the same old generic main theme, but as a Champion music, let alone one that is so damn boring, its a huge disappointment. I do like when the percussion is going cray cray though.

I find it mildly interesting that Phoebe didn't make an appearance. She's practically already an islander and could have brought that sweet sweet Hoenn Elite Four battle theme along with her.

I find it mildly interesting that Phoebe didn't make an appearance. She's practically already an islander and could have brought that sweet sweet Hoenn Elite Four battle theme along with her.
It's very odd, especially because of this:

That is the entrance to Phoebe's room in ORAS, and those are the flowers found on Poni Island that turn Oricorio into its Sensu Form.

Which is its Ghost-type form!

DEEPEST LORE
Weirder still, Phoebe doesn't seem to even be mentioned. That said, here are some interesting things to note that I found while searching through the in-game dialogue:

- Whitney's infamous Miltank is mentioned. Apparently it produces excellent milk. (I guess the secret to fine dairy products is merciless violence)
- An NPC acknowledges how creepy Drifloon's tendency to steal children is.
- There is a drink in the game called Tapu Cocoa. YESSSSSSSS. There are also new items called Komala Coffee, Roserade Tea, and Pinap Juice.
- You can buy Legendary specific items and an Antique Shop, namely the Adamant Orb, Lustrous Orb, Griseous Orb, Red Orb, and Blue Orb, as well as several Plates.
- Kanto native Pokemon are called Kantonian (even though everyone knows that they should be called Kantonese)

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
That's a Veteran trainer, right? Makes sense, good to know.

Even though it makes it harder, I am really enamored with the battle tree using z moves & mega evolution.
No, it's actually just a Black Belt. I have encountered different trainers using Megas so it's not limited to Veterans.

Regardless the added difficulty is great and I look forward to playing more of the Battle Tree!

No, it's actually just a Black Belt. I have encountered different trainers using Megas so it's not limited to Veterans.

Regardless the added difficulty is great and I look forward to playing more of the Battle Tree!
Yeah, Battle Tree seems to be real fun:-)

I hope we will get the Teams for more important characters (as it appears that Blue uses more than 6 different Pokemon)

What are the default names for the player characters? Like Hilbert/Hilda, Nate/Rosa, Calem/Serena, etc.
No idea. Selene and Elio were bounced around a few months back, since those were the other names used in a trailer's Battle Royal alongside Sun and Moon, but I have yet to see any confirmation on PC names.

That said, while searching the text dumps for any indication of what the names might be, I did find this:

I hope I never find this NPC, because that is so much better out of context.

On the subject of the champion theme: I actually rather like it- it's similar to the gen 1 theme, which might seem weird until you realize that the main character IS from Kanto, so it makes sense that our theme as champion (which plays because the champion's theme plays in a challenge, not the challenger's) sounds very kantoish.

It's a part of the champion's identity.

What are the default names for the player characters? Like Hilbert/Hilda, Nate/Rosa, Calem/Serena, etc.
I don't think we have a way to know. They aren't rivals like gen 3 & 6 or friends like gen 4 or battle partners like gen 5

Selene & Elios will probably take hold but they are literally just as relevant as "Moon" and "Sun" or any other demo name. Reminder that Hilda & Hilbert had demo names like Blanche at one point or how Brendan was referred to as Orlando from time to time (I think in the ORAS demo).

So I guess we will get their default names from Adventures, right? I think that could be as close as possible to an official name that we will be getting.

So I guess we will get their default names from Adventures, right? I think that could be as close as possible to an official name that we will be getting.
No, not really. Adventure just uses the names of the two Versions to name the protagonists, not their names from the game's canon.

After Blacktu and Whitetu I hope Adventures/Special gets a bit more free with the names. Like instead of Sun and Moon the boy could be called Helios or Apollo and the girl could be called Selina or Serena.

Hey all. I feel like this was asked before, but I've had a heck of a time finding much of an answer (searching forums on mobile isn't real friendly...). Do we know yet if Tapu Koko is re-battleable after his scripted battle, and where at? I heard it was, but nothing definitive yet. I was hoping to reset for a particular nature.

If no ones found out yet that's cool. I'll just be patient. :p

Hey all. I feel like this was asked before, but I've had a heck of a time finding much of an answer (searching forums on mobile isn't real friendly...). Do we know yet if Tapu Koko is re-battleable after his scripted battle, and where at? I heard it was, but nothing definitive yet. I was hoping to reset for a particular nature.

If no ones found out yet that's cool. I'll just be patient. :p
Yes, just KO him and you can come back to the ruins later and rebattle.

On which island do we get an happiness checker ?
Second Island on the last "town", where you have a TM shop outside, Olivia's stone shop, etc. It's a woman NPC close to the TM shop iirc. She's outside.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Are there any "1 off", or unbreedable legendary mons that are version exclusive to Moon, other than Lunala? I want to make sure my daughter doesn't hastily capture anything in her playthrough that I can't obtain in my Sun cart.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)