Data Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research

What happens when you hack a Z-Move onto a Pokemon and try to use it like a normal move without an item?
From the OP:
When hacked into normal move slots, damaging Z-moves (Hydro Vortex, Bloom Doom, etc) becomes 1 BP / -- Accuracy moves of their respective types. Special Z-moves (Catastropika, pulverizing Pancake, etc) function normally with their actual Base Powers and effects. All normal move slot Z-Moves have 1 PP ( PP Ups don't work). You can use as many normal move slot Z-Moves as you want in a battle. You cannot power up a normal slot Z-Move with a Z-Crystal (it won't recognize the move as that typing at all). (UltiMario).Their PP can be restored with a Leppa Berry.(UltiMario)

Has it been confirmed that the confusion hit rate was nerfed from 50% to 33%?

In battle spot free battle, supposedly there is a "no legendaries" option. Does this exclude sub legendaries like Raikou, Articuno, Regice etc, or does it just exclude box ubers and event mons?

Does anything happen if you try to forget the only move that lets you use the Z-Crystal that is equipped on a Pokemon? (say, a Snorlax with Snorlium Z trying to forget Giga Impact. Preferably during battle to know whether there's some oversight or something)

Last edited:
Does anything happen if you try to forget the only move that lets you use the Z-Crystal that is equipped on a Pokemon? (say, a Snorlax with Snorlium Z trying to forget Giga Impact. Preferably during battle to know whether there's some oversight or something)
Easy to test, taught Drowzee Brick Break and equipped Fightinium z, then replaced Brick Break with Confide successfully; Drowzee still holds Fightinium-z despite having no fighting moves. Should work same with level-up moves.

Does Thick Club affect the power of any of the following moves: Shadow Bone, Bonemerang, Bone Club, Bone Rush?
It doubles Attack, so in one way or another, it does affect their power.

I don't think it will further increase the power of "bone" moves, but given the concealed information that was already found... why not check?

Easy to test, taught Drowzee Brick Break and equipped Fightinium z, then replaced Brick Break with Confide successfully; Drowzee still holds Fightinium-z despite having no fighting moves. Should work same with level-up moves.
You can give anything any z-crystal regardless of if it actually gets it or not. It just tells you that it won't be usable.

Serebii lists that Golisopod's Emergency Exit works only once per battle. Can anyone confirm this?
It only works once, regenerating health doesn't allow it to happen again.

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
I've decided to ask this anyway because I feel like it's pretty easy to test: is Psychic Fangs boosted by Strong Jaw? Serebii says yes while the sim says no.

If a Pokémon with Simple gets its boosts stolen with Spectral Thief, do they become negative stages?
Stats get reset to +0.

Can Spectral Thief steal the stats from a Pokémon with Full Metal Body? What happens with Contrary?
Full-metal body can have its boosts stolen. Same with contrary (for the pokemon having its boosts stolen from). If you do contrary Spectral Thief, then it drops the stats instead of boosting. Spectral thief cannot steal negative stats to get a boost this way.
I've decided to ask this anyway because I feel like it's pretty easy to test: is Psychic Fangs boosted by Strong Jaw? Serebii says yes while the sim says no.
It does get a boost from Strong Jaw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)