Data Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research

Can Eevee use Extreme EvoBoost on the first turn with Last Resort?
yes. Z-moves can be used regardless of the base move's (last resort for example) circumstances.

edit greninja'd
But i will say that the way i stated it is in general of all other moves

Reactions: Edu
  • Dancer: Can a Pokemon with Dancer still use status Dance moves (i.e Dragon Dance, Quiver Dance, etc) while Taunted?
Confirmed that a taunted Pokemon does attempt to copy Dragon Dance, Quiver Dance, etc but fails due to taunt (similar to what happens if a faster 'mon taunts a slower 'mon about to use a status move).

Do entry hazards or weather activate Disguise?
No, they don't. Looks like only direct damage is negated by it.

Last edited:
  • Does Disguise block status effects, does it block damage done to a substitute?
Disguise does not block status moves (can't confirm if it blocks getting status'd from the secondary effect a of direct attack like Nuzzle).

If a direct attacks hits a Disguised Pokemon's Substitute, the attack functions normally (dealing damage to the Sub) and Disguise isn't used up.

Last edited:
Asking because I've yet to find a definitive answer anywhere: Does Reciever work at all in Singles if you switch Passimian in after something else faints? Or is it a Doubles only ability?

Does Weakness Policy trigger through Disguise or does it work similar to substitute where it won't trigger Weakness Policy?

Have any moves been added to be compatible with Mega Launcher? i.e. Focus Blast, Moonblast, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, bomb moves, Flash Cannon, Hydro Cannon, etc.

Also, is there any confirmation on the boost of Water Shuriken with Ash-Greninja? I've been hearing that it's doubled, but haven't seen any visual proof.

As far as we know, galvanise still gets it, so I guess it's safe to assume other ate-abilities too have it.
Wait...so Galvanize actually gives 30%?
Because if so then you are most likely right since galvanize and -ate abilities all share the "power boosted a little" segment in their ability descriptions.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Have any moves been added to be compatible with Mega Launcher? i.e. Focus Blast, Moonblast, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball, bomb moves, Flash Cannon, Hydro Cannon, etc.

Also, is there any confirmation on the boost of Water Shuriken with Ash-Greninja? I've been hearing that it's doubled, but haven't seen any visual proof.
I think the Water Shuriken thing was proven in the demo even.

Someone in another thread was speculating so I have to ask does Liquid Voice makes all sound moves including opponents water type or only Primarinas.

Does Misty Terrain block mental status conditions? (Infatuation, Taunt, Torment, Disable, Encore, Cursed Body)

Also, Bulbapedia mentions Misty Terrain now blocks confusion. Can we have confirmation on this?

Does Liquid Voice turn every Pokemon's sound based moves into water type? or is it only the users moves?
--"All sound-based moves become Water-type moves."
so far text is very different from Normalize and -ate abilities
--"All the Pokémon’s moves become Normal type. The power of those moves is boosted a little."
--"Normal-type moves become ______-type moves. The power of those moves is boosted a little."

This could explain why liquid voice does not get a a power boost. Also it alleviates the redundancy in Primarina's Sparkling Aria and Liquid Voice Hyper Voice.

To test, simply check if Liquid Voice Primarina resists a sound attack

Last edited:
Hi guys, might seem like an obvious one but want to make sure.

''Stoked Sparksurfer
After obtaining Z-Power, the user, Alolan Raichu,attacks the target with full force. This move leaves the target with paralysis.''

If the opponent protects, I assume it breaks protect and deals 25% damage. Does it also paralyse the target?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)