Data Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research

Does Synchronize work on gift or Mystery Gift Pokemon? It should be testable on the demo Greninja since it's received from the delivery person.

Same noise but we have a huge star and smaller ones now, its much more notable.View attachment 73357
Oh that's cool. But is there any lag in between when they enter the field and the sparkle? For example when they enter in XY (especially if you had more than one shiny in doubles or triples) it would take the game an extra few seconds before it would do the shiny effect.

I don't know why, just the opening lag before the sparkle always annoyed me, as someone who shiny hunts

Oh that's cool. But is there any lag in between when they enter the field and the sparkle? For example when they enter in XY (especially if you had more than one shiny in doubles or triples) it would take the game an extra few seconds before it would do the shiny effect.

I don't know why, just the opening lag before the sparkle always annoyed me, as someone who shiny hunts
seems to be there still

Since status Z-moves give their bonus effect during the Z-animation, before the move is executed, does that mean that they give their effect even if the move itself fails?

Possible realistic example:
Azumarill uses Belly Drum, falls to 50% HP and +6 attack
Gets hit once, is at like 10% HP
Uses Z-Belly Drum, will it be a free 100% heal since it happens before the second Belly Drum fails?

I saw that Multitypes updated description says that Arceus can now use Z-Crystals to change types, does he still get a power boost from using Z-Crystals like he would from using Plates?
Further to this, does Judgment's type get changed by a Z-crystal?

Wake up slap doubles on sleeping pokemon.
I realise that...
if komala is sleeping
But is it sleeping, or is it in fact just immune to status?
  • Can you use Mold Breaker to inflict status on Comatose or does it cure itself in the same way that the individual status-preventing Abilities work?
  • Does Soak fail on Silvally?
  • I'm going to assume that Soak will prevent Burn Out from executing.
  • Does Will-O-Wisp burn a Pokémon that has used Burn Out?
  • Does Triage boost the priority of Pollen Puff?
  • What happens if you use Instruct on a move that needs a recharge turn? What about a two-turn move? (Both versions, a) where you Instruct later on in the same turn, and b) where you Instruct before your ally's move next turn.)
  • What messages does eating a Micle Berry trigger?
  • What messages do the following trigger (if different)?
    • Toxic on Immunity Ability
    • Toxic on Poison type
    • Toxic on Steel type
    • Will-O-Wisp on Water Bubble/Veil Ability
    • Will-O-Wisp on Fire type
    • Glare/Thunder Wave on Limber Ability
    • Glare/Thunder Wave on Electric Type
    • Spore etc. on Insomnia/Vital Spirit Ability

Last edited:

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I realise that...But is it sleeping, or is it in fact just immune to status?
first post: Comatose acts as if the Pokemon with the ability were asleep, but without the sleep status being applied. This includes status immunity and the inability to be put to sleep/use Rest. (ih8ih8sn0w)

So yeah it's like pseudo sleep essentially, the question on whether wake-up slap doubles in power when used on a pokemon with comatose I don't think has been answered.

first post: Comatose acts as if the Pokemon with the ability were asleep, but without the sleep status being applied. This includes status immunity and the inability to be put to sleep/use Rest. (ih8ih8sn0w)
So... it's immune to every kind of non-volatile status. A Leaf Guard that requires no sun.

If that's the case... what happens if a Mold Breaker Pokemon inflicts status on it? Going with how Limber and Immunity work... the status should be removed after being inflicted.

And can it use Sleep Talk or Snore? (even though there's literally no reason to use either)

Has Aegislash's Stance Change or King's shield been nerfed in any way (i.e. no longer in shield form when switching in, King's Shield looses priority, etc.)? Considering how other dominant gen 6 mons like Mega Kangaskhan were nerfed, I would be surprised if Aegislash was nerfed in some way.

Last edited:
Sorry guys I've been in my bf's house since last evening, so couldn't do much testing (his PC is slow af). Those of you who PM'd me questions will have to wait till I get back.

Anyway, here's some more info on Lunar Dance that I forgot to post yesterday.

Not only is Lunar Dance is successfully copied by Dancer, it's also executed properly by the Dancer 'mon (who then faints). It failed in my previous tests because the trainers whose Pokemon I gave Dancer to (with Entrainment) for testing purposes only had those single Pokemon in their parties. When tested against a trainer with 2 'mons (shojt out to Teacher Emily), it was successful in making the Dancer faint.

And of course this also confirms that Lunar Dance, unlike Dark Void, works on all Pokemon.

Z moves are not affected by abilities such as Pixilate but are they affected by moves such as Electrify?
How are abilities like Lightning Rod or Water Absorbed effected by Z-moves? Will the stat boost/ hp gain be doubled?

edit: ... and was leech life removed from the game? Cus I just caught a zubat and it's got absorb.

Last edited:

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yes

Also confirming that Prism Armor is just a Solid Rock clone, .75x to Super Effective moves and that's it.
sorry for all the quotes but what happens if arceus holds something like decidium (decidueye's Z-Crysal) or one of the other pokemon specific Z-move crystal

Some unanswered Z move questions:

Z moves ignore stat drops of user but does it ignore stat boosts? Does it ignore stat drops/ stat boosts of foes?

If the base move is under the effect of Imprison, Disable or Torment, can it be use for the Z move?

How does Me First interact with Z move?

Do Z moves benefit from damage boosting ability like Adaptability or Tinted Lens or Sheer Force or Stake Out?

Do Z moves get boosted by weather or terrain?

Can Z moves be critical hits?

Do Z moves trigger Storm Drain, Water Absorb, etc?

Do Desolate Land and Primordial Sea cancel Water and Fire Z moves?

Do Z moves make contact?

Do Z moves trigger secondary effect of Spiky Shield, King's Shield and Baneful Bunker?

Can parahax, confusion hax or attract hax waste your Z move chance?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
sorry for all the quotes but what happens if arceus holds something like decidium (decidueye's Z-Crysal) or one of the other pokemon specific Z-move crystal
Nothing does. It has no effect on Arceus.

Edit:

How are abilities like Lightning Rod or Water Absorbed effected by Z-moves? Will the stat boost/ hp gain be doubled?
There are no special interactions between Z-Moves and absorbing abilities. They behave identically to their non-Z-Move counterparts.

Last edited:
Why would it double?

edit: ... and was leech life removed from the game? Cus I just caught a zubat and it's got absorb.
Leech Life us now BP 80, so Zubat learns it @ lv31. The mine resource thread is your friend ;)

Some unanswered Z move questions:

Z moves ignore stat drops of user but does it ignore stat boosts? Does it ignore stat drops/ stat boosts of foes?
I didn't know that Z-moves ignored stat drops of the user. Where did you see that?

Do Z moves benefit from damage boosting ability like Adaptability or Tinted Lens or Sheer Force or Stake Out?

Do Z moves get boosted by weather or terrain?
Why wouldn't they?

Do Z moves trigger Storm Drain, Water Absorb, etc?
Yes.

Do Z moves make contact?
Some, like Pulverizing Pancake, definitely do. This needs further testing.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)