Data Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
From the OP:
  • POKEMON returned its decreased stats to normal using its Z-Power!. Status resetting Z-effects remove lowered stats.
that's not what that means it means when you use a status z-move whose z-effect is to reset stats it only removes the changes to lowered stats. Not that Z-moves ignore stat drops/boosts

From the OP:
  • POKEMON returned its decreased stats to normal using its Z-Power!. Status resetting Z-effects remove lowered stats.
No, that's a special side effect Z-versions of most boosting moves like SD, Tail Glow, plus a few more like BPass. They reset lowered stats before they are used. It doesn't mean all Z-moves ignore stat reductions. If you use Breakneck Blitz with -6 attack, you'll probably still do a quater of the normal damage.

Edit: yup, ninja'd.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Now that I think about it, I should clarify how Spectral Thief works. It might be obvious to some, but I figured it could work either way so I'll write it down.

It's not an attack + Psych Up. If you're at -2 and they're at +0 you don't gain stat bonuses. If they're at +2 and you're at -2, you gain +2 and are set to +0. If you're -2 with Simple and they're at +2, you gain +4 and are set to +2.

Do
Now that I think about it, I should clarify how Spectral Thief works. It might be obvious to some, but I figured it could work either way so I'll write it down.

It's not an attack + Psych Up. If you're at -2 and they're at +0 you don't gain stat bonuses. If they're at +2 and you're at -2, you gain +2 and are set to +0. If you're -2 with Simple and they're at +2, you gain +4 and are set to +2.
Is it safe to assume it only steals boosts and not drops?

Seems Z belly Drum heals you before the HP cut takes place, so you'll always be at exactly 50 percent after the usage of Belly Drum which is amazing. The item doesn't get consumed however as expected so no Unburden Slurpuff lol

Can Comatose Pokemon use Snore or Sleep Talk?
Can they be affected by Dream Eater, Nightmare or Bad Dreams?
Does Wake Up Slap deal doble damage?

I'm back with some more info.

Dazzling not only blocks things like Prankster Taunt, WoW and Encore, but also Perish Song. It does NOT block Pster Roar or Trick Room.

Do Toxic Spikes used by a Pokemon with Corrosion poison Poison- and Steel-types?
Corrosion TSpikes couldn't poison a Magnemite.

Z-Crystals make Trick/Switcheroo/Fling fail.

During Harsh Sunlight/Heavy Rain, Water/Fire Zmoves are executed with the usual fanfare (and use up your z move attempt), and then very tragically evaporate/frizzle xD

Burn Up fails on anything that isn't a Fire type at the time of its execution. After it is successfully used once the user's Fire typing is removed. Switching restores the typing (even with Baton Pass) and enables one more use. As I had pointed out earlier, a non-fire type using Protean can't use Burn Up because it checks for the Fire typing before Protean kicks in.

Dazzling not only blocks things like Prankster Taunt, WoW and Encore, but also Perish Song. It does NOT block Pster Roar or Trick Room.
So it will only block stuff that has more than 0 Priority and Targets another Pokemon. I'm assuming it does NOT block stuff like Prankster Recover and the like, but does block targeting an ally with a priority move?

Burn Up fails on anything that isn't a Fire type at the time of its execution. After it is successfully used once the user's Fire typing is removed. Switching restores the typing (even with Baton Pass) and enables one more use. As I had pointed out earlier, a non-fire type using Protean can't use Burn Up because it checks for the Fire typing before Protean kicks in.
Sorry if I didn't see this earlier. But basically if a mono fire type like typhlosion uses burn up it becomes type-less? And as long as you switch and switch back in it can be used again until of course it faints?

Sorry if I didn't see this earlier. But basically if a mono fire type like typhlosion uses burn up it becomes type-less? And as long as you switch and switch back in it can be used again until of course it faints?
Yes. And AFAIK Arceus-Fire can spam it all day w/o even switching.

Reactions: Edu
does sticky hold still not reduce knock off damage like mega stones do?

does memory provide a type boost like arceus plates do?

can corrosion poison a pokemon with immunity?

is yawn still not counted as a sound move?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)