Data Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research

Haven't seen any responses to this, so I'd figure I would repost it.

Question about Decidueye: does its signature move, Spirit shackle: after an opponent is hit by it, if decidueye is no longer on the field (fainted, switched out, etc.) can the pokemon hit by shackle switch out?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Do Z-Crystals provide a boost similar to Arceus plates?
Unless they did something retarded and made them give like a 2% boost (I don't have the patience to sit around and get all 16 damage rolls) the Z-Crystals don't give bonus damage to Arceus.

does sticky hold still not reduce knock off damage like mega stones do?
Still doesn't.

does memory provide a type boost like arceus plates do?
No (But see same note as with the Z-Crystals)

can corrosion poison a pokemon with immunity?
No

is yawn still not counted as a sound move?
Still not a sound move.

Since trick has an extra effect when you use it as a Z-move, when you use it as a Z move, is the extra effect all that happens?

so since my previous question only got a "it most likely should" answer, i'll ask again to see if someone can confirm this.

Has anyone tested Liquid Voice to see if it causes all sound moves including opponent's and teammates to become water type or does it just affect the Pokemon with that ability?

And does Nature Power still turn into Tri-Attack in a Wi-Fi battle?

Used z-decidueye against mimikyu, doesnt break through disguise
golisopod switches mid-turn possibly giving the opponent a free attack
wishiwashi transforms end of turn

Some people think Swift swim/chlorophyll etc. don't double speed anymore (just +50% or sth) because of the wording in the description, anyone wanna test?^^
(I suspect it hasn't changed since unaware has shown that they don't care much about correct wording, but would be nice to know!)

Defog removes Aurora Veil from the target's side of the field, but not from the user's side (similar to the screens).

Also confirmed that it still removes hazards from both sides.
Does this mean that if I Magic Bounce the Defog that's targeting me, my Aurora Veil stays, but their hypothetical one is gone?

Haven't seen any responses to this, so I'd figure I would repost it.

Question about Decidueye: does its signature move, Spirit shackle: after an opponent is hit by it, if decidueye is no longer on the field (fainted, switched out, etc.) can the pokemon hit by shackle switch out?
Of corse it can.

I'm not sure how relevant this is for Smogon, where we're interested in Competitive battling, but:

Emergency Exit (and Wimp Out, I'd imagine) do NOT activate vs Totem Pokémon. As in, the ability does not trigger at all; you don't flee from battle (as you would from Wild Pokémon) and you also do NOT switch out Golisopod (or Wimpod, if this extends to Wimp Out) for another pokémon, as you'd do in a trainer battle. Pretty odd behaviour, I guess it's related to Totem Pokémon being different from both wild pokémon and trainers.

It was asked earlier but I'll ask again. does Liquid Voice make all sound moves water including the opponents or just Prims...the description leaves room for interpretation.

Are Z-moves affected by evasion stat? If I use a Z-move against a Pokémon with +1 Evasion, the move can miss?
Are Z-moves affected by accuracy drops?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Possible Mechanics Changes

Moves

• Does payback still get a damage boost when your opponent switches?
Not sure if this has already been answered or not, but Payback does not get the boost on a target that's switching in. I found this out in a Battle Tree battle, which I kept a replay of. I can show that, if necessary.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Not sure if this has already been answered or not, but Payback does not get the boost on a target that's switching in. I found this out in a Battle Tree battle, which I kept a replay of. I can show that, if necessary.
would be nice to have the replay just incase.

I don't know if this has been answered yet, but I'll still leave it here just in case:

Does Receiver and/or Power of Alchemy work in singles? Are there restrictions as to what they can copy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)