Data Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if this has been answered yet, but I'll still leave it here just in case:

Does Receiver and/or Power of Alchemy work in singles? Are there restrictions as to what they can copy?
from the first post: Receiver only works when your ally faints while the Pokemon with the ability is on the field, it does not work on opposing Pokemon. (yetanotherperson) Receiver does not copy Wonder Guard. (Source)

I don't keep the first post updated for the fun of it and "are there restrictions" is super vague please keep questions specific so our testers know what to go for.

This is probably an odd question, but with Burn status being changed to less HP damage per turn I'd like to know if they changed something else. Does it still only reduce the Attack stat? Asking because I'd love to know if Special Attack might be affected as well.

I don't know if this has been answered yet, but I'll still leave it here just in case:

Does Receiver and/or Power of Alchemy work in singles? Are there restrictions as to what they can copy?
Receiver does not so I'd assume that power of Alchemy does not either

They can't do Wonder guard or Stance change among others

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Does this mean that if I Magic Bounce the Defog that's targeting me, my Aurora Veil stays, but their hypothetical one is gone?
Yes
Some people think Swift swim/chlorophyll etc. don't double speed anymore (just +50% or sth) because of the wording in the description, anyone wanna test?^^
(I suspect it hasn't changed since unaware has shown that they don't care much about correct wording, but would be nice to know!)
Still doubled.
Does Mold Breaker bypass Stamina?
No.
It was asked earlier but I'll ask again. does Liquid Voice make all sound moves water including the opponents or just Prims...the description leaves room for interpretation.
Only the Pokemon with the ability Liquid Voice gets its sound moves changed to Water Type. It's not a field effect.

Additionally I did some testing with Steelworker. While it's hard for me to 100% accurately test what the exact boost of Steelworker is with my setup, it looks like it's 1.33x like Fairy Aura, and on top of that it also provides that boost to Pokemon that are already Steel type.

Edit: For those who see this post later, Steelworker is a 1.5x boost, not a 1.33x boost.

Last edited:
Does Shell Trap last for only a single turn? Or is it until the opponent hits it with a physical attack?

Likely the former, but better check.

Is Illusion locked to Zorua/Zoroark by any chance or does it still work on everything?

Is Huge/Pure Power the same boost as previously?

Is Fur Coat the same boost?

Is Wonder Guard locked to Shedinja?

Is Imposter locked to Ditto?

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
They're maybe pointless competitive questions, but I have a couple with Receiver / Power of Alchemy:

- Can they copy Comatose?
- If the Pokemon who wields Receiver / Power of Alchemy has a status effect when it switches in to receive Comatose will it override the status or will the ability fail to activate?
- If a Pokemon who fainted is affected by Skill Swap, Entrainment, or Mummy will Reciever / Power of Alchemy copy the new ability or obtain the fainted Pokemon's ability?
- Does Receiver / Power of Alchemy copy Trace, Imposter, Illusion, Battle Bond, or any other abilities that can transform a Pokemon as well? (adaptation of above person's question).

All I got atm. If asked before my apologies.

Last edited:
What effect does Psychic Terrain have on Secret Power? Does it inflict a status like Electric and Grassy Terrain or just some debuff like Misty Terrain?

Last edited:

Ice types are immune to Sheer Cold, and it's less likely to hit when used by a non-Ice type.

Not that anyone uses OHKO moves, but still.
hashtag game changer

Do Horn Drill & Fissure work similarly now? ie horn drill cant effect...i dont know steel types i guess. fissue doesnt work on ground. even lower accuracy if used off type.

hashtag game changer

Do Horn Drill & Fissure work similarly now? ie horn drill cant effect...i dont know steel types i guess. fissue doesnt work on ground. even lower accuracy if used off type.
No, Fissure still works on Ground-types.

It's just for Sheer Cold, because unlike the other OHKO moves, Ice doesn't have a type that's immune to it.

Additionally I did some testing with Steelworker. While it's hard for me to 100% accurately test what the exact boost of Steelworker is with my setup, it looks like it's 1.33x like Fairy Aura, and on top of that it also provides that boost to Pokemon that are already Steel type.
Thanks for this info!

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
would be nice to have the replay just incase.
I can't upload Battle Videos via the 3DS' internet, since the game isn't fully released. But I can show screenshots and a video of it.
Sorry it's unclear, my phone sucks at taking videos off a screen. It's why I put in screenshots as well.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/4sDoT

If you look at Ribombee's HP Before and after each Payback hit, you can see that it takes (142-124=)18 HP of damage from the first hit, and (124-92=)32 HP of damage from the second hit. On the first hit, it was switching in on Umbreon's Payback, while on the second hit, it only moved before Umbreon.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Is the Purify Z-Move all-stats up effect applied to the user of Purify, or its target? Also, does Purify's usual effect (healing status) need to succeed to get the Z-move effect?
The User gets the stat bonuses. Purify does not need to succeed to give those stat bonuses. (something along the lines of: "X increased its stats using its Z-Power! X unleashes its full force Z-Move! X used Purify! But it failed!")

Speed Swap: Description says it swaps Speed stats and not "changes to ___ stat" like Power/Guard Swap, so it swaps raw Speed without the boosts?
Speed Swap uses the raw stat and ignores boosts.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
According to this thread on 4chan, it looks like Water Bubble might also boost water type moves: http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/29883617. Can anyone confirm?
What in the literal fuck

Pardon my french but what in the LITERAL fuck?
Not only does Water Bubble boost the power of Water-type moves, it fucking DOUBLES their power. DOUBLES. Why is this not in the ability description??????????????

What in the literal fuck

Pardon my french but what in the LITERAL fuck?
Not only does Water Bubble boost the power of Water-type moves, it fucking DOUBLES their power. DOUBLES. Why is this not in the ability description??????????????
What? Can you confirm this? If so then its pretty big.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)