Data Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research

Is there any difference between Wimp-Out and Emergency Exit?
Does Wimp-Out/Emergency-Exit still activate if your hit by partial trapping moves or block/mean look?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Do Pokémon with Dry Skin or Fluffy take extra Burn damage? Asking because Heatproof now lowers Burn damage.

Last edited:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Has there been a change to sleep status? The maximum number of turns a Pokemon can stay asleep? Does the sleep counter reset when you switch?
I'm not sure if the odds on if you're going to wake up after 1, 2, or 3 turns is the same, but you still can only sleep for 1-3 turns and the counter does not reset when you switch.

Edit:

Do "all-stats increase" Z-Moves also boost Evasion/Accuracy?
No

Is there any difference between Wimp-Out and Emergency Exit?
Does Wimp-Out/Emergency-Exit still activate if your hit by partial trapping moves or block/mean look?
There is no difference between the two. The names are different for flavor purposes, probably because Golisopod realized it can use its ability "tactically."
With regard to trapping/partial trapping moves, I don't know for sure, but if I had to guess, I'd say it would still activate only because Volt Switch and U-turn can get out of being trapped. Someone please confirm or deny this, though.

Does Dancer still work after the user has used Protect, or is using a two-turn move that removes it from the field for the first turn? In Oricorio's case, that move would be Fly, although it could hypothetically Mirror Move the move Dig or Dive.

Final post of the night.

Whoa, what? Are you absolutely certain about this? To date, I believe the only move that let you choose to target an opponent but not your ally has been Me First. I assumed Spotlight was mainly for making opponents attack your Destiny Bond ally or whatever. But it only works on opponents?
I worded that poorly, what I meant by it is that if you set it to target something on the foes side, the other foe won't attack the poke under spotlight. It should work like you mentioned as well.

"[20:36:07] % MacChaeger : ih8ih8sn0w, do the terrain setting abilities activate before primal reversion?"
It acts like Download + Primal Reversion.

From the OP said:
  • Do Wide Guard/Quick Guard still run off Protect/Detect's last use counter?
They do, somehow made it into the fourth turn when spamming this though. King's Shield and Spiky Shield also go off of the same counter too.

Z-Sleep Talk calls upon a random move in the users movepool and uses the z-variant of said move. This is independent on the typing of the z-crystal and the type of the move (so you can call any move in your pool and still get results). It also applies the increased crit chance to it. (credits go to Blitzamirin )

Spectral thief steals the boosts, applies them to itself, the attacks. It does stack with previous boosts.

Did Tough Claws get nerfed? How does Fluffy interact with Physical Fire Type Moves?
How does a contact Fire move such as Flare Blitz interact with Fluffy? Do the effects cancel out?
It does normal damage.

Do "all-stats increase" Z-Moves also boost Evasion/Accuracy?
In regards to Z-Geomancy, no. It should be the same for the rest.

From the OP said:
  • Can Dark Void be called upon by Metronome/Assist/Mimic, if so does it fail when it is by a Pokemon other than Darkrai?
Assist can call Dark Void, but it fails.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
I wonder if other Shadow moves do now aswell, like Shadow Force?
Nope, the only old moves that changed/gained flags are the ones in the first post listed next to Baneful Bunker (we still don't actually know what that flag is for), and the moves Dancer can copy, which is every move with "Dance" in its English name besides Rain Dance.
The only new moves that ignore substitutes are Sparkling Aria, Gear Up, Speed Swap, Instruct, Clanging Scales, and Spectral Thief.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Final post of the night.

Z-Sleep Talk calls upon a random move in the users movepool and uses the z-variant of said move. This is independent on the typing of the z-crystal and the type of the move (so you can call any move in your pool and still get results). It also applies the increased crit chance to it. (credits go to Blitzamirin )
so if it chooses something like Rest or another status move it applies Z-Rest's status effect? and this will fail to pick a move if the user isn't asleep like regular sleep talk?

Charjabug's Battery says it "powers up ally Pokemon's special moves". Does it work like a +1 stage boost or is there more to the ability?

Does corrosion Poison steel and Poison types with sludge bomb or any other damaging Poison type moves with the secondary effect of poisoning the target?

Does corrosion Poison steel and Poison types with sludge bomb or any other damaging Poison type moves with the secondary effect of poisoning the target?
Corrosion only allows the user to inflict the poison status condition on Poison and Steel types. This means that moves with a chance to poison, like Sludge Bomb, should indeed have a chance to poison Poison-types. As for Steel-types, someone who can test this out should confirm or disprove this, but because they're immune to attacking Poison-type moves, I would think they're also immune to all of their effects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)