Data Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research

Did the Steel type revert to its pre-Generation 6 type advantages or are they the same as last gen? I'm asking because there was a rumor when the demo was out that the former was the case.

Dark Void can be used by an Impostered Darkrai (kinda obvious since Hyperspace Fury acts the same way). Fails if it is on something else and Ditto Impostering it (for example, an Arceus with DV and Ditto Impostering the Arceus).

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm not surprised nobody tested this yet, because it's fucking retarded.

But hey, apparently Gamefreak is fucking retarded, and the joke's on us.

(Yes, Dark types are immune to any Prankster move that targets it).
Does this mean that Prankster-boosted moves outright fail, or simply become +0 priority instead when used on dark types?

Edit: Compounding on this, is GF actually stupid enough to make Recover/other self targeting status moves become +0/fail if Mega Sableye uses it? Unlikely that they're that retarded, but it doesn't hurt to check in light of this.

I'm not surprised nobody tested this yet, because it's fucking retarded.

But hey, apparently Gamefreak is fucking retarded, and the joke's on us.

(Yes, Dark types are immune to any Prankster move that targets it).
wut

Anyway, I've got two questions.

Can Stakeout boost Z-moves? Are Wimp Out and Emergency Exit mechanically identical?

Does this mean that Prankster-boosted moves outright fail, or simply become +0 priority instead when used on dark types?

Edit: Compounding on this, is GF actually stupid enough to make Recover/other self targeting status moves become +0/fail if Mega Sableye uses it? Unlikely that they're that retarded, but it doesn't hurt to check in light of this.
Mega Sableye doesn't even have priority anymore due to turn order now being decided after Mega Evolution.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
This check is only when another Prankster Pokemon is targeting the Dark Type with a status move. You don't become immune to your "self targeting" priority moves like Recover as a Dark-type Pokemon with Prankster.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Does that Prankster immunity extend to negative priority moves boosted by Prankster or just +1 or higher? guessing the latter but nothing surprises me anymore @__@

Just to check real quick... Dark-types aren't immune to ALL priority, are they? Probably no chance but it wouldn't hurt to go out and Fake Out a dark type.

(Gamefreak really got their priorities straight this gen, huh)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Does that Prankster immunity extend to negative priority moves boosted by Prankster or just +1 or higher? guessing the latter but nothing surprises me anymore @__@
No, that would make too much sense. If you have Prankster and use a status move, and they're a Dark type, it doesn't work. Screw you and your -5 priority Roar.

Check to see if Ghosts are also immune to Prankster.
Nope

Just to check real quick... Dark-types aren't immune to ALL priority, are they? Probably no chance but it wouldn't hurt to go out and Fake Out a dark type.

(Gamefreak really got their priorities straight this gen, huh)
No, Gamefreak isn't THAT dumb. I think.

At this point I feel like I'm going to have to test if Crobat does more damage on the third Tuesday of the month with how absurd these hidden interactions are getting.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If a Pokemon with unaware uses strength sap, does it ignore the attack boosts/drops when calculating healing HP?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Relevant for whatever 6v6 singles tier Klefki's in: Does Prankster Spikes fail on Dark types?

(Guessing not since it's field targetted but still...)

That makes five Abilities with misleading/incomplete descriptions, which honestly leads me to believe that there are more out there. The -Ate abilities are still under debate as to whether there multipliers have been nerfed to 1.2x, or if they stayed at 1.3x. But either way, neither of those multipliers are NOT what I'd consider a "little boost", as their descriptions say. A part of me thinks that it's worth testing every ability out in strange scenarios just to make sure no stones have been left unturned.

Question: Starting with Gen 6, it was determined that Toxic has perfect accuracy when used by Poison-Types. Are there other Status moves that have perfect accuracy when used by a Pokemon of the same Type as said Status move (like a Fire-Type using Will-O-Wisp)? And while this is a massive stretch, I'm not secluding this to the Status Condition inflicting moves, I'm also thinking about moves like Sweet Kiss and Kinesis. Probably not, as it doesn't work with Darkrai, and something this major would have already been reported, but it never hurts to try.

Also, does the Trick Room Glitch (ignore Trick Room when you're at 1809 Speed) still exist?

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
TR glitch was only in Gen V iirc.

Something I forgot to ask for: see if Water-types are immune to Scald burns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)