Data Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research

That makes five Abilities with misleading/incomplete descriptions, which honestly leads me to believe that there are more out there. The -Ate abilities are still under debate as to whether there multipliers have been nerfed to 1.2x, or if they stayed at 1.3x. But either way, neither of those multipliers are NOT what I'd consider a "little boost", as their descriptions say. A part of me thinks that it's worth testing every ability out in strange scenarios just to make sure no stones have been left unturned.

Question: Starting with Gen 6, it was determined that Toxic has perfect accuracy when used by Poison-Types. Are there other Status moves that have perfect accuracy when used by a Pokemon of the same Type as said Status move (like a Fire-Type using Will-O-Wisp)? And while this is a massive stretch, I'm not secluding this to the Status Condition inflicting moves, I'm also thinking about moves like Sweet Kiss and Kinesis. Probably not, as it doesn't work with Darkrai, and something this major would have already been reported, but it never hurts to try.

Also, does the Trick Room Glitch (ignore Trick Room when you're at 1809 Speed) still exist?
This would possibly explain why the status moves got nerfed... Maybe Electric Types can always hit Paralysis with T-wave? Can someone test this theory?

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Before we get too crazy on testing ridiculous hidden interactions...

I know this one's stretching it but...

With its Dex entry and official site saying that Zygarde-C can overwhelm both Yveltal and Xerneas, does Power Construct have a hidden effect vs Fairy/Dark Aura?

Considering Dark's new immunity to Prankster, are there any other type-based immunities that could be new this gen?

Is Fire immune to freezing? Dragons immune to Intimidate? Psychics immune to confusion?

(can someone please test these, I'm actually quite curious for these specific ones)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Considering Dark's new immunity to Prankster, are there any other type-based immunities that could be new this gen?

Is Fire immune to freezing? Dragons immune to Intimidate? Psychics immune to confusion?

(can someone please test these, I'm actually quite curious for these specific ones)
None of these.

Terrain Extender doesn't work on Trick Room or Magic Room or Wonder Room, does it?
No.

I'm trying to think of stuff that sounds feasible, like Dancer having any hidden interactions at all (hint: there are none), but god it's hard to think of stuff as absolutely out of the box as this crap we've been discovering.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Someone asked about Z-Moves in normal move slots a long time ago. It looks like they're -- Acc 1 BP moves of their respective typings. Special Z-Moves function normally in a moveslot with their real base power and effects, albeit with none of the fanfare (there isn't even text for when you use it). All normal slot Z-Moves have 1 PP (and no, PP Ups don't work). You can use as many normal slot Z-Moves as you want in a game. You cannot power up a normal slot Z-Move with a Z-Crystal (it won't recognize the move as that typing at all).

Terrain Extender doesn't work on Trick Room or Magic Room or Wonder Room, does it?
Nope. Man I wish they'd at least give the -room moves auto-starter mons, it would give some of the slower mons a new lease of life.

Right now we have so many mons sitting at the bottom of the speed ladder and S&M is just going to oversaturate this problem further

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Of all the motherfucking things

So I was like "These changes look like they're targeted at VGC, so let me see if there were any nerfs" so I looked at meta-defining things like Trick Room (unchanged, seemingly) and Aegislash.

Unless my memory fails me, if you used a Fighting, Normal, or Poison-type contact move on Aegislash while he's King's Shielding, the ineffectiveness overrides the contact and blocks the attack drop.

This is no longer the case.

That makes five Abilities with misleading/incomplete descriptions, which honestly leads me to believe that there are more out there. The -Ate abilities are still under debate as to whether there multipliers have been nerfed to 1.2x, or if they stayed at 1.3x. But either way, neither of those multipliers are NOT what I'd consider a "little boost", as their descriptions say. A part of me thinks that it's worth testing every ability out in strange scenarios just to make sure no stones have been left unturned.
Five? What are the others besides Prankster and Water Bubble?

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Since we're checking for random BS:
  • Is Cresselia immune to Dark Void?
  • Are Darks immune to Dark Void?
  • Are Fairies immune to Dark Void?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)