Pokemon Sword 2018 Beta Leaked....???

Keeping up with the tweet thread since it gives the highlights of the stream, it's really fascinating to see the game in an "almost but not quite...." state like this.

Like this is surreal. Reminds me of seeing the "block out" prototype maps of gen 1, but at a poitn where they're starting to fill it in with actual assets.
Why does it remind me so much of Super Mario 64?

AND WHY DID THEY REMOVE THE MINIMAP---

And it's intriguing they betatested the game with some Pokémon that ultimately didn't make the cut. Even with the supposed issue they had in porting the models, you'd think they'd keep the ones that were already done...

Last edited:
Why does it remind me so much of Super Mario 64?

AND WHY DID THEY REMOVE THE MINIMAP---

And it's intriguing they betatested the game with some Pokémon that ultimately didn't make the cut. Even with the supposed issue they had in porting the models, you'd think they'd keep the ones that were already done...
Most of these Pokémon are just one part of multi-pokemon families... but then you’ve got Ekans and Arbok both being here.

I reckon it’s partly down to needing to make a new Dynamax model (and cry) for everything.

The Pokemon are only partially implemented to begin with so I assume they just grabbed some pokemon of varying body types (we've got dogs, we've got long necked dinosaurs, we've got snakes, we've got thick turtles, we've got pikachu, we are all over the place here) and movement types and plopped them in without much regard otherwise. Good way to at a glance see how they move around the world and intersect with each other, like in camp.

New content. Build is from May 2018.

Another early Title Screen (No pokemon, just after effects)

Hop's house is final, Menu icons scroll, and Character Customization is in

Teddiursa Backpack buddy. We saw this before in other builds, but we have a clearer look. The Teddiursa line is not in the final game.

Early Glimwood and Stow-on-Side. Random Encounters were apart of the game.

Monostoke and Trace model

Teddiursa Backpack buddy. We saw this before in other builds, but we have a clearer look. The Teddiursa line is not in the final game.
I hate that this isn't in the game, you have no idea how much I hate that this isn't in the game

How weird. I thought that the ratings for the anime in Japan have been on a downward spiral since Best Wishes-XY, so I'm not sure if it really influenced that much on game sales. I heard SM was popular enough in Japan to rise it up again, though.
I meant Asia in general; Pokemon has been fluctuating in popularity in japan in the last 7 years or so; Yo-kai Watch really hurted it, but Pokemon Go really did give a resurgence to the whole franchise

I hate that this isn't in the game, you have no idea how much I hate that this isn't in the game

I meant Asia in general; Pokemon has been fluctuating in popularity in japan in the last 7 years or so; Yo-kai Watch really hurted it, but Pokemon Go really did give a resurgence to the whole franchise
Sword and Shield had Backpack buddies of the starters as a pre-order bonus. How much you wanna beat that that would have been feature you could customize in game?

Apparently this is from a May 2018 version of Sword/Shield
Call me weird but I like those pink menus and buttons way more than the super simplistic white ones of the actual SwSh release.

It's not that the SwSh UI is bad, but it feels... idk maybe I'm too much lost in being a degenerate weeb.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
How has no one posted the beta Gym Leader music? Unlike other beta music which is slightly different, they actually had some notable differences like voice clips (~WOO!~) and pace of music!

Here's part 1:
And Part 2:

EDIT: Here's it on Youtube:

Also more cutscene storyboard:
  • Opening Cutscene (a lot of notable things like Rose was supposed to walk out, Oleana placing a mic on him, numerous camera jumps like Rose appearing on stadium screens, etc.. It was going to originally be a more complex cutscene)
  • Gym Leader Introduction (No major difference, though looked like they were planning on each Gym Leader to have a little info box about them appear on the top corner of the screens)
  • Gym Challengers Walk Out Into Stadium (Not only are you in normal clothes but Bede and Marnie was going to have the camera focus on them; Bede even giving your player a side annoyed glance. Also the challengers would have lined up opposite of the Gym Leaders, Rose in the middle making wide gestures. Also the storyboard animation only has the Sword Gym Leaders, but here are the storyboards for Allister and Melony)

"But here is the most important piece of beta news yet:
OR rather the sheep models that are supposed to look like Wooloo far off in the distance. :blobnom:

This IS a banger, but I think some of it is a bit off in spots and I think I can see the logic in lowering the intensity a bit to give the dynamax/last pokemon portion more oomph in comparison.

you severely underestimate the importance of a feature like Camp when it comes to the main audience (japanese kids).

It's one of their biggest selling points.
If that's really the case, its quite surprising that we haven't had a dedicated pet simulator for Pokemon. You know, a dedicated game to taking care of your Pokemon: Like Amie, Refresh, Camp but enhanced to be something like Nintendo Dogs + Cats.

Now I really want a Nintendo Dogs + Cats but with 898 Pokemon avalible as pets. Who doesn't want to pet the Bird that can kill everything at will?

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
If that's really the case, its quite surprising that we haven't had a dedicated pet simulator for Pokemon. You know, a dedicated game to taking care of your Pokemon: Like Amie, Refresh, Camp but enhanced to be something like Nintendo Dogs + Cats.

Now I really want a Nintendo Dogs + Cats but with 898 Pokemon avalible as pets. Who doesn't want to pet the Bird that can kill everything at will?
1603702131290.png

Well...this exists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)