Pokemon Sword 2018 Beta Leaked....???

It was, especially in Japan where it got a colour edition. It's sought after as a collector's item these days.

Only Pikachu was available, though!
The "color edition"(Actually called the Pokemon Pikachu 2 or Pokemon Pikachu GS) wasn't Japan only, it also was released in the west. And being in color wasn't the only difference, it had many new features, but most importantly has a currency called Watts you could get by walking a lot(since it worked like a pedometer), which could be spent to get specific items in Mystery Gift in the Gen II games, since unlike the monochrome one it also had an infrared sensor identical to the one found on the Game Boy Color. The Pokewalker for HGSS is directly based off of it.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
If that's really the case, its quite surprising that we haven't had a dedicated pet simulator for Pokemon. You know, a dedicated game to taking care of your Pokemon: Like Amie, Refresh, Camp but enhanced to be something like Nintendo Dogs + Cats.

Now I really want a Nintendo Dogs + Cats but with 898 Pokemon avalible as pets. Who doesn't want to pet the Bird that can kill everything at will?
You could also argue Pokemon GO is a simple pet simulator.

But I get what you're saying and I agree. Pokemon has SO many things they could just port into being an app, even a simple one, and I can see it becoming super popular (and since it needs to be worth it to them, probably find additional things to add they could have microtransactions for). Just to name a quick few:
  • Pokemon-Amie/Refresh/Camp
  • Dream World/Poke Pelago (can probably combine this with the Pokemon-Amie one)
  • Collection of all the mini-games Pokemon had done over the years: Game Corner, E-Reader, Pokemon Mini, Pokemon Pinball, Puzzle League & Challenge, Trozei, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Channel, Surfing Pikachu, Battle Bingo, Pokeathlon, etc.
  • Pokemon Contests, Pokemon Musicals, Pokestar Studios
  • And, of course, Battle Frontier (with maybe a mix of other alt battling methods like Battle Revolution, Wonder Launcher, Horde (Trainer) Encounter, Sky Battle, Battle Royal, SOS Battle, etc.)
Then again, you could probably also argue some of these features could be added to HOME...

If that's really the case, its quite surprising that we haven't had a dedicated pet simulator for Pokemon. You know, a dedicated game to taking care of your Pokemon: Like Amie, Refresh, Camp but enhanced to be something like Nintendo Dogs + Cats.

Now I really want a Nintendo Dogs + Cats but with 898 Pokemon avalible as pets. Who doesn't want to pet the Bird that can kill everything at will?
Not to derail the thread any more but this is in my top 3 Pokémon games for this exact reason, and I want nothing more from TPC than a remake.

CAAB9298-B737-4859-A735-3E21CE4648D8.jpeg

There hasn't been much activity with the gen 8 leaks outside of minor details or cut features (like a prototype mega evolution button), but we do have our first beta mon!

I really like how goofy he looks. Personally tho, I don't think we are going to get a whole of lot of beta mons from the 3D games like we did with gen 2 betas. At best like 2 or 3 (I hope i'm wrong, but considering modern development I can see why). Between this and a generic sheep stand in for Wooloo, Game Freak were far more busy trying to implement features in a game that was gong to suffer from unforeseen development problems.

Also a fun theory to chew on
IMG_7057.PNG

There hasn't been much activity with the gen 8 leaks outside of minor details or cut features (like a prototype mega evolution button), but we do have our first beta mon!

I really like how goofy he looks. Personally tho, I don't think we are going to get a whole of lot of beta mons from the 3D games like we did with gen 2 betas. At best like 2 or 3 (I hope i'm wrong, but considering modern development I can see why). Between this and a generic sheep stand in for Wooloo, Game Freak were far more busy trying to implement features in a game that was gong to suffer from unforeseen development problems.

Also a fun theory to chew on
The way Twitter crops pictures, it looks like the red stripes on its side are angry eyes, and the rids are big sharp teeth, making the whole thing look like a disembodied maw. Very funny contrast with "Space Magikarp".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)